Tiaras and Jewels for the Next Generation

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Interesting discussion. I'm on the "of course the jewels should be in trust" side.
They already are. It's tax effective (rate: zero), secure (the fabled vaults, full palace security and with fast-response elite military backup available if required) and maintained (the Crown Jeweller). It works in the manner of a trust or foundation but without any need for a complex structured entity with finely-detailed documentation or offshore-registered companies. There are no high-priced City law firms, accountants, tax advisers or expert valuers involved. It doesn't require large-scale physical movement of the assets and is activated by just the one event more or less instantly and automatically, and operates seamlessly.

It goes by the name of 'Sovereign to Sovereign Transfer' and works exactly as the name describes.

I can see Beatrice bringing back the wearing of the tiara for formal dinner parties, even if she is not a working royal. I think she is the one that could bring back the elegance of the Edwardian Age.

Also the tiara not worn can be repurposed into earrings, necklaces, bracelets. How many previous jewels were made into tiaras and how many tiaras were repurposed into useable jewelry? This has been going on for centuries so why stop because some feel the Queen’s granddaughters are lesser royals.

Again Camilla & Catherine are keeping the tiara’s already loaned to them until their deaths.

Catherine can have new tiara’s made from jewelry received from foreign governments.
They can start by dismantling the oldest ones first. The senior royals can wear these jewels and if the monarchy is disbanded then William will not be stuck with a large tax & have to sell everything.

Giving a tiara as a 25th birthday gift to Beatrice IIRC should not result in a tax problem for Beatrice.

Are people objecting because they have transferred their dislike of Sarah to her daughters?

How many others are Diana fanatics who want everything to go to William & Harry.
If Diana had married Andrew instead of Charles & was the mother of Beatrice & Eugenie how many of the poster would be calling the York sisters ‘lesser royals’?

Sorry but IMO each granddaughter should inherit a tiara for her own use to do with it as she pleases.

No, people are objecting because its incredibly stupid to break up a historic jewel collection in a way that will most likely result in said jewels being auctioned off.

I like Sarah, and Beatrice, and Eugenie, and Zara et all. I still don't want to see a historic, carefully curated jewel collection broken up for no good reason.

Luckily, it's extremely unlikely to happen.

As Countess Alexandra owns the Alexandrine Drop Tiara, it is very likely that Nikolai and Felix's future wives will wear it on their wedding days. I think that would be perfect as I think the tiara is a great wedding tiara.

As Countess Alexandra owns the Alexandrine Drop Tiara, it is very likely that Nikolai and Felix's future wives will wear it on their wedding days. I think that would be perfect as I think the tiara is a great wedding tiara.

One of me favorites in terms of a bridal tiara! That sure would be a lovely gesture if they were able to wear the tiara!

:previous: I agree with most of you're guesses but, I doubt Estelle will receive Lillian's tiara, or the Baden Fringe tiara as I think they too grand for an 18 year old. Victoria first started wearing the fringe tiara when she was in her 20's. The same thing goes for Amalia and Queen Emma's Diamond tiara.

:previous: I agree with most of you're guesses but, I doubt Estelle will receive Lillian's tiara, or the Baden Fringe tiara as I think they too grand for an 18 year old. Victoria first started wearing the fringe tiara when she was in her 20's. The same thing goes for Amalia and Queen Emma's Diamond tiara.

Estelle will probably recive Victorias 18:th birthday tiara at her birthday. I hope they have slightly rebuilt the tiara by then and covered the base more. It should look like a tiara with a small base, not a large base with a small tiara ;)

I know she hasn't been born yet (I can't help it. :D) but I predict Madeleine's future daughter will have her mother's first tiara as an 18th birthday gift. I also predict she will wear the Modern Fringe tiara on her wedding day. Although I hope she will wear the Cameo tiara. :)

I know she hasn't been born yet (I can't help it. :D) but I predict Madeleine's future daughter will have her mother's first tiara as an 18th birthday gift. I also predict she will wear the Modern Fringe tiara on her wedding day. Although I hope she will wear the Cameo tiara. :)

Given that even Madeleine did not wear the Cameo to her wedding, her daughter is unlikely to. I think the Cameo should be reserved for senior members of the family only.

Very interesting to see the Catherine use the Papyrus tiara recently. I hope that means that some more of the jewellery previously used by Margaret is likely to be back in the hands of the BRF. I am particularly keen to see the Teck necklace and the turquoise parure re-emerge with Camilla and / or Catherine.

I already did wedding tiara predictions for future queens, now here are some more wedding tiara predictions for other royals and their future wives:

Gabriel and Emmanuel's future wives: Mathilde's Laurel Wreath Tiara
Princess Eleonore: Queen Elisabeth's Diamond Bandeau
Sverre Magnus's future wife: Diamond Daisy Tiara
Alexia and Ariane: Wurttemberg Pearl Tiara
Henrik's future wife: Marie's Floral Tiara
Infanta Sofia: Mellerio Floral Tiara
Madeleine's future daughter: Modern Fringe Tiara
George's future wife: Queen Mary's Fringe Tiara
Nikolai and Felix's future wives: Alexandrine Drop Tiara
Maud, Leah, and Emma: Queen Maud's Pearl Tiara

Updated list 2014-02-21

so the list of girls that will probebly wear tiaras and other jewllery at the age of 18 is

Princess Kako of Akishino (Japan)
Princess Iman of Jordan
Princess Salma of Jordan
Princess Elisabeth of Belgium
Princess Eléonore of Belgium
Princess Chatrine-Amelia the Netherlands
Princess Alexia of The Netherlands
Princess Ariana of the Netherlands
Princess Ingrid-Alexandra of Norway
Infanta Leonra of Spain
Infanta Sofia of Spain
Princess Isabella of Denmark
Princess Josephine of Denmark
Princess Aiko (Japan)
Princess Athena of denmark
Princess Estelle of Sweden

Maybe tiaras at thier wedding and maybe other royal weddings and birthdays galas
Maud Angelica, Norway
Leah Isadora, Norway
Emma Tallula, Norway
Victoria Federica, Spain
Irene, Sapin
Maria-Olympia, Greace
Arrietta, Greace
Ana María, Greace
Amelia, Greace
Countess Luana, Netherlands
Countess Zaria, Netherlands
Countess Eloise, Netherlands
Countess Leonore, Netherlands
Princess Louise of Belgium
Princess X of Sweden

Princes that later on get marrried and their wife will wear tiaras
Prince christian of Denmark
Prince Sverre Magnus of Norway
Prince Emanuel of Belgium
Prince Gabriel of Belgium
Prince Nikolai of Denmark
Prince Felix of Denmark
Prince Henrik of Denmark
Prince Nicolas of Belgium
Prince Aymeric of Belgium

Princes that are older and will get married a bit sonner then the kids
Prince Carl Philip Of Sweden
Prince Harry of Wales
Prince Phillipos, Greece
Prince Sebastian of Luxemburg
Prince Hussein of Jordan
Prince Hashem of Jordan
Prince Hisahito of Akishino (Japan)
Count Claus-Casimir, Netherlands

Older princesses, likely to wear tiara at thier wedding
Princess Beatrice of York
Princess Eugenie of York

New
Prince Amedeo of Belgium fiance

Last edited:
Has princess beatrice or eugenie a tiara?

Unclear if they have received any from HM. I would be surprised if they had many occasions to wear one. They are not invited to state events like the opening of Parliament or State Banquets for visiting dignitaries. Further, so far, they have also not attended the weddings of any European royals where tiaras are worn.

I suspect the only time they will wear a tiara in Britain would be at their respective weddings. For those occasions, they will probably wear the diamond tiara their mother received as a wedding present from HM.

There are private occasions at which the BRF do wear tiaras - such as the dinner on Christmas Eve so it is probable that they have worn them but not at a public event or one where photos are released to the public.

Unclear if they have received any from HM. I would be surprised if they had many occasions to wear one. They are not invited to state events like the opening of Parliament or State Banquets for visiting dignitaries. Further, so far, they have also not attended the weddings of any European royals where tiaras are worn.

I suspect the only time they will wear a tiara in Britain would be at their respective weddings. For those occasions, they will probably wear the diamond tiara their mother received as a wedding present from HM.
I agree, Autumn (the Festoon) and Zara (Greek Key) wore tiaras loaned them by Princess Anne for their weddings. Of course, Princess Anne had different tiaras to loan. As the York girls are likely to marry w/in a few years of each other, IMO, and as their mother only has one tiara, however, it would not surprise me if one of them borrowed one from their grandmother, so as not to wear the same tiara.
Princess Margaret's daughter Lady Sarah wore the family Snowdon Flower tiara whereas her son's bride, Serena Stanhope, borrowed the Queen's Lotus flower tiara (the Lotus flower tiara being most recently worn by the Duchess of Cambridge.) Or perhaps their father will buy a new one for one of them, seems a bit unfair to only have one tiara for 2 daughters :) Then again, all 3 Spencer daughters wore the Spencer tiara @ their weddings New Royal Day Discussion: Jewel Tuesdays: Spencer Tiara, so perhaps both York Princesses will do the same.

I don't think there's anything wrong with both daughters wearing the same tiara; after all, how much does anyone (even the Queen) wear a tiara these days?

Instead of purchasing one for each daughter, Andrew would do better buying another piece (necklace or earrings?) that they might wear more frequently, imo.

I don't recall Beatrice ever wearing earrings nor can I locate a photo of her wearing earrings, interesting - can someone else find an image of her w/ them?

I don't recall Beatrice ever wearing earrings nor can I locate a photo of her wearing earrings, interesting - can someone else find an image of her w/ them?
I don't think she's ever worn them. I recall somewhere seeing a closeup of her earlobes and they are NOT pierced.

Interesting bit of trivia re Bea not wearing earrings! What about Eugenie?

I don't think she's ever worn them. I recall somewhere seeing a closeup of her earlobes and they are NOT pierced.

I went back through her oldest picture on Zimbio - no earrings, no holes.

Great find, GrammaSS! I sure don't remember ever seeing Bea in earrings, much less such humongous ones. lol

Any ideas on what tiaras a future wife of Prince Carl-Philip of Sweden might wear? I know the Swedish do tend to share their tiaras around, but I think it would be very useful to have a new tiara close identified with the new Princess - quite like the modern fringe is closely identified with Maddy, and will probably end up being hers only. This will allow the bulk of the Swedish collection to primarily be used by the main line only, ie the Queen and the Crown Princess.

:previous:
I predict she will wear the Connaught tiara.

Last edited by a moderator:
I predict she will wear the Connaught tiara.

I sincerely hope that the Connaught does not emerge as her main tiara. I think the Connaught is an important tiara, and should be primarily used by the Queen and the Crown Princess only.

She may wear the Connaught tiara at her wedding but not later. Our future Duchess of Värmland will likely share tiaras with the other ladies. The Queen has the exclusive right to use the Braganza and Sapphire tiaras while the cameo and nine prong tiaras seems to be shared at weddings but the other tiaras seems to alternate between the royal ladies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom