The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-31-2019, 05:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

This might be a good choice for an addition to the Belgian royal collection.

https://chiswickauctions.co.uk/lot/190212-lot-1/

I had also suggested as one Mary could potentially buy.

Old 01-31-2019, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator

I'm sure that Elisabeth will do a certain amount of public duties, but only part-time, because she needs to concentrate on her education. Maybe she'll attend some of the most important State Banquets, like those from other monarchs. So the question is: will there be one in 2020? Otherwise, we might have to wait a few more years to see her first tiara.

I agree that it's more likely to see her with the laurel tiara than the Wolfers. The latter has so far only been worn by Queens, and despite being small, the stones are rather on the large size, which makes it a superior piece.

So far, the Belgian royals haven't shown much tiara sharing. But that may well change with the next generation. She could borrow the laurel tiara when needed, while Mathilde could still wear it when Elisabeth doesn't attend an event. Yet, I wouldn't mind if she got a new tiara for her 18th BD, but I still prefer her to receive the art deco bandeau from Queen Paola.

Old 01-31-2019, 12:23 PM
Serene Highness

What i would love to see the Princess'es recive for their 18:th Birthday

Princess Estelle : Princess Lilian's Laurel Wreath Tiara-Necklace.
Or Queen Louise's Diamond Tiara that is currently with Princess Desirée Baroness Silfverschiöld. It is a perfect starter tiara ! But i suspect that one will go to the Silfverschiöld - De Geer noble families...

I don't think Princess Leonore and Princess Adrienne will need their own tiaras. They will likely spend most of their lives in USA or UK and when it's needed be loaned tiaras for family occassions in Sweden like the future Queen Victoria's round birthdays etc... Or maybe the O'Neill family will provide them with tiaras

Princess Ingrid Alexandra : Vasa Tiara or Vifte Tiara.

Princess Isabella, Princess Josephine and Princess Athena will likely all wear the Khedive Tiara to their weddings to continue the family tradition as female blood relatives of Queen Ingrid..

Princess Elisabeth : I hope King Philippe will buy his daughters 18:th Birthday tiaras and future daughters in law Wedding Tiaras. The Belgian tiara vault is already very small and I'm not sure that Queen Paola will leave her Art Deco Bandeau to the main line. She should but i'm not sure she will...

Princess Catharina-Amalia : The Pearl/Star Button Tiara.

Princess Leonor : Prussian Diamond Tiara.

Princess Charlotte : The Cartier Halo Tiara. I would also love to see her inherit the Meander Tiara from Princess Anne. It's very beautiful and unique plus that it is from Prince Philip's side of the family :)
Old 02-02-2019, 09:47 AM
Super Moderator

I think likely tiaras for the dutch Pricnesses will be the Ears-of-wheat and Laurel weath tiara and operhaps also the aquamarine tiara.
As for Estelle lets hope that they will give her not Victoria's 18th birthday gift tiara or if that gets a good makeover before. And probably she also wear the four-button tiara in her early tiara days.

For Princess Leonor and Infanta Sofia it will ne likely the prussian diamond tiara and the floral wreath tiara but it would be nice if Queen Letizia would hand over the Asturias fleu de lys tiara to Leonor.

Old 02-02-2019, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator

I'm pretty certain that Leonor and Sofia both will start with the Prussian tiara and later wear the floral tiara as well.

To guess the first tiaras for the Dutch A-team is so much more difficult, because there are so many suitable tiaras in the Dutch collection. The base of the antique pearl tiara would be a nice option for a first tiara. Other options are the emerald tiara, maybe with the pearls, or the laurel tiara. Amalia will probably also wear the small sapphire tiara and the aquamarine tiara pretty early on.

As for Princess Charlotte of Cambridge, I think it will be a very long wait till the wears her first tiara. Remember that William and Harry only started attending state banquets when they were in their thirties. But there are several options for her, especially the Cartier halo tiara, the lotus flower tiara or the Russian sapphire bandeau.
Old 02-02-2019, 04:47 PM
Serene Highness

Yes but there won't be any Gloucester's and Kent's at the State Banquet's by then. By then it will (baring any divorces or tragedies) most likely be William, Catherine, George, Charlotte, Louis, Harry and Meghan. Maybe also Andrew, Edward and Sophie but i don't think their children will participate. Neither Harry and Meghan's children. So i think George, Charlotte and Louis will start earlier than their father and uncle did.

Charlotte will likely start with Halo or Lotus.
Old 02-02-2019, 05:01 PM
Nobility

Im not sure how seriously it is but Ansorena may present a Tiara to princess leonor.. On the one hand i hope its true on the other hand Im not sure how the tiara might look.. https://monarquia.elconfidencialdigi...204011445.html
Old 02-02-2019, 05:21 PM
Nobility

I think Q.Emmas Diamond Tiara would be nice on Catharina Amalia, also the Laurel Wreath and Aquamarine would be nice, i hope she will not wear the Star/Pearl Button Tiara it looks "oldfashion" imo. It would be nice to see the small Sapphire Tiara more often.
Old 02-02-2019, 05:23 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I think likely tiaras for the dutch Pricnesses will be the Ears-of-wheat and Laurel weath tiara and operhaps also the aquamarine tiara.
As for Estelle lets hope that they will give her not Victoria's 18th birthday gift tiara or if that gets a good makeover before. And probably she also wear the four-button tiara in her early tiara days.

For Princess Leonor and Infanta Sofia it will ne likely the prussian diamond tiara and the floral wreath tiara but it would be nice if Queen Letizia would hand over the Asturias fleu de lys tiara to Leonor.

I am not so sure the Prussian tiara will be left to the main line. Queen Sofia might leave it to one of her daughters.

Princess Leonor probably will be given a wedding gift tiara as her mother was. I am not sure about Infanta Sofia, but hopefully she will marry a Spanish aristocrat whose family owns a tiara as was the case of Infanta Elena who frequently wore the Marichalar meander tiara.
Old 02-09-2019, 04:49 PM
Nobility

I think this Diamond Pearl Fringe necklace would be a nice starter Tiara for CP Elisabeth of Belgium, Duchess of Brabant. it remind me the Luxembourg Congo Necklace/Tiara
EDIT. Ive seen it was just a loan, i still think it would be a nice Tiara
Queen Mathilde's Diamond Fringe Necklace | The Court Jeweller
Old 10-11-2019, 12:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Elisabeth will turn 18 this month on October 25. I have said in a previous post on this thread that I predict Elisabeth will receive the Wolfers tiara as her first tiara. Or maybe she will just borrow it as Mathilde does not have a lot of tiaras. Maybe in a couple of years she will also wear her mother’s laurel wreath tiara.
Old 10-11-2019, 06:06 AM
Super Moderator

Unfortunately, I don't think that we will learn about Princess Elisabeth's future tiara any time soon. She will turn 18 this month, but I can't imagine that the Royal House releases a gala portrait with a tiara and order ribbon. Also, she'll continue her studies and won't attend state banquets for the time being.

My hope still is that Queen Paola will leave her art deco bandeau to the Duchess of Brabant. So far, it's not clear if the bandeau was a loan or a gift to Princess Astrid, so there still is a chance that it will go to the future Belgian Queen. Another possibility is that they will buy a small tiara for her, hopefully something nice and antique.

Actually, I think that we might see the Princess of Orange with a tiara before the Duchess of Brabant. The Dutch are much more likely to release a gala portrait for Amalia's 18th birthday. Also, Amalia might start to attend the diplomatic receptions fairly early.
Old 10-11-2019, 07:28 AM
Majesty

I don’t see Élisabeth getting a tiara for her 18th birthday as she probably won’t attend state dinners and other tiara events at least until she finishes her university studies.

As I said, she will probably get a new tiara as a wedding gift though, and she may borrow one of her mother’s necklace tiaras if she needs to attend a tiara event before that.

I would love to see her wearing the Art Deco bandeau, which would be a fitting tiara for a Crown Princess, but I am afraid Queen Paola will indeed leave it to Princess Astrid, who seems to be her favorite child and the one she is closest to.
Old 10-11-2019, 07:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post

As I said, she will probably get a new tiara as a wedding gift though, and she may borrow one of her mother’s necklace tiaras if she needs to attend a tiara event before that.
I can see Elizabeth's tiara debut in the Wolfers necklace tiara.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post

I would love to see her wearing the Art Deco bandeau, which would be a fitting tiara for a Crown Princess, but I am afraid Queen Paola will indeed leave it to Princess Astrid, who seems to be her favorite child and the one she is closest to.
Entirely plausible as it may be, that will be a real shame. Having given Astrid the chance to wear it once, I hope Paola has now put the tiara back in her safe, or better still, handed it to Mathilde to keep for Elizabeth to wear as Crown Princess or Queen.
Old 10-11-2019, 08:20 AM
Super Moderator

It makes sense to give a tiara as a wedding present to a woman who marries into the RF. But Elisabeth was born into the RF and as the heir she'll start wearing a tiara long before she gets married. So I think she should get a tiara for her 18th birthday, or maybe the 21st birthday, or something like that.

As I said above, I don't think that Astrid's wearing the art deco bandeau once necessarily means that she owns it or that she will inherit it. She might be a favourite child, but Paola has many jewels and all the children, and maybe all the grandchildren as well, might receive their share. In that respect it seem quite natural that the future Queen should receive the tiara that had been in the family for the longest time.
Old 10-23-2019, 01:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Aiko of Japan will be 18 in December 2019. Does anyone know the usual age for the Japanese princesses' first tiara appearance?
Old 10-23-2019, 01:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Princess Aiko of Japan will be 18 in December 2019. Does anyone know the usual age for the Japanese princesses' first tiara appearance?

With the Japanese royal family, it's 20.

Tags
birthday, jewellery, jewels, tiara, tiaras, young royals