The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-15-2022, 04:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan D View Post
The Duchess obviously has favourite jewels that she wears a lot. So, I expect that same pattern to continue when she's queen. For instance, she likes her pearl necklaces and she has her own stuff and I do not see her wearing a ton of the items that QEII now wears. However, we shall see.
I think Camilla will most certainly wear items from QE2's jewel box, but may at first wear some of the lesser seen pieces. But you are right, eventually she will revert to her favourites, though there may well be new favourites.

Old 02-15-2022, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator

I think that she will continue to wear her favorites, while adding pieces from the current Queen. After all, it's part of the job description to wear the royal heirlooms, as a sign of the continuity within the monarchy. But within that framework, there is a lot of room for personal choices. With such a large collection of priceless jewels, it will be easy to avoid lesser liked pieces.

I really, really hope that the tradition to wear the George IV state diadem to the State Opening of Parliament will continue. And I'd love to see a second tiara being assigned to her during HM's lifetime. As great as the honeycomb tiara is, but some diversity would be great.

Old 02-15-2022, 10:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I think that she will continue to wear her favorites, while adding pieces from the current Queen. After all, it's part of the job description to wear the royal heirlooms, as a sign of the continuity within the monarchy. But within that framework, there is a lot of room for personal choices. With such a large collection of priceless jewels, it will be easy to avoid lesser liked pieces.
I agree. I would love to see Camilla start to wear brooches more often. As Queen, she will have access to what is probably the largest collection of brooches in the world.
Old 02-15-2022, 11:13 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I agree. I would love to see Camilla start to wear brooches more often. As Queen, she will have access to what is probably the largest collection of brooches in the world.
Not sure any other royal house comes close to the queen's magnificent brooch collection.
Old 02-15-2022, 12:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Not sure any other royal house comes close to the queen's magnificent brooch collection.
Indeed, and I would love to see it continue to be used, as it has been in the current reign.

Perhaps Catherine may like to convert some of the brooches into pendants.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, jewellery, tiaras