Tiaras And Hair

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i agree i don't like the way she use it in the wedding, the lace of the veil get confuse with the tiara, too far back, still she looks lovely but the tiara i can not see it!

I thought the effect was beautiful--but the lace just blended with it and took something away.
Personally, I do think the tiara is a bit "dinky" and I would have liked to have seen her with a more substantial piece. Same with Mette-Marit--I think her tiara is a touch "dinky" as well--but both are lovely pieces all the same.

Yes Mette-Marit's tiara is very small. And the problem is with her blond hair it sometimes looks almost invisible. It would look better on someone with darker hair like Mary. As for Mary's tiara i think worn upright it looks quiet good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mary's hairstyle is absolutely perfect. It really highlights the tiara, without overwhelming it, or making it appear too big. This is one of the best examples I have ever seen of a hairstyle with a tiara.

Marie's hair with her tiara is stunning. What a wonderful example of what to do. Mary's is also lovely, although, the ruby tiara is so large that I see that she tends to "poof" out her hair more when she wears it, which I'm not a huge fan of. Both princesses are beautiful.

Mary's hairstyle is definitely stunning.Mary looks very elegant.I think this is the best hairstyle of her.

Marie's hair with her tiara is definitely wonderful.Her hairstyle is wonderful,too.

They both look quite beautiful in their tiaras

Beautiful Danish ladies.

I don't know why but Marie's hair reminds me somehow late pss Margaret...

I much prefer a lady in a tiara to have an elegant 'up' hairstyle. Not only is it neater, and less distracting, it also provides a secure base to attach the tiara to. I dont like long/big loose hair with a tiara...very distracting and somehow not 'right'. Kind of like wearing it with blue jeans. It just looks strange to me.

Just like that, Turkish Delight!

Beautiful Danish Princesses, but Marie should wear other earrings .

In the first photo of the Billed-Bladet article, is that the Princess Alexandra, Lady Ogilvy?

Camilla's debut of the Boucheron diamond tiara
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=397985&postcount=200
Picture originally posted by Warren, "The Great" Super Moderator;)
Even though the Duchess' hair has been the same for decades, I believe it is maybe the most suitable style for this impressively gorgeous piece of headgear. :D
She dosen't look good with a tiara, at all:sad:
I think women must possess a certain style and deportment to wear a tiara. U must wear the tiara- not the tiara wearing U:ohmy:

I think tiaras should be worn with the hair up if a woman has long hair, I've seen Mary and Mette-Marit with tiaras with their hair down and the tiara looks more like a head band holding the hair back.

I feel similarly for the most part, although my reasoning is that it often shows the tiara off better and looks more formal.
The tiaras seem more likely to get 'lost' when hair is not tied back (I am especially thinking of Maxima at the birthday celebrations in Norway, she was pregnant at the time, so that effected it too).

I feel similarly for the most part, although my reasoning is that it often shows the tiara off better and looks more formal.
The tiaras seem more likely to get 'lost' when hair is not tied back (I am especially thinking of Maxima at the birthday celebrations in Norway, she was pregnant at the time, so that effected it too).

In the first photo of the Billed-Bladet article, is that the Princess Alexandra, Lady Ogilvy?
The first photo shows Princess Alexandra of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg, daughter of Princess Benedikte of Denmark and niece of Queen Margrete. She is wearing her mothers tiara, an heirloom from the Danish royal family.

She dosen't look good with a tiara, at all:sad:
I think women must possess a certain style and deportment to wear a tiara. U must wear the tiara- not the tiara wearing U:ohmy:

Oh dear!:eek: I must disagree. I think that HRH looks impeccable with tiaras; she has a wonderful style and her deportment is always quite excellent. She's quite regal and a strong asset to the Monarchy. I hope to see her in some other amazing tiaras soon, especially with the upcoming State visit.

Is that the State Visit from Mexico? I don't think we will be seeing our Milla in a new tiara anytime soon. She already has three tiaras, one personal, two royals. Thats more than the Duchess of York and Countess of Wessex and the same amount as Diana. We might just have to wait till she becomes Queen to see her with more sparkling headpieces.

I cannot wait to see Victoria wearing Queen Silvia's jewelry one day! I also cannot wait to to see the Infantas, Ingrid-Alexandra, Isabella and the Dutch girls in tiaras and the gorgeous jewels their mothers get to wear.. It's a long wait but worth it I think.

I'd also like to see a tiara on Charlotte Casiraghi, she would look divine.

Oh dear!:eek: I must disagree. I think that HRH looks impeccable with tiaras; she has a wonderful style and her deportment is always quite excellent. She's quite regal and a strong asset to the Monarchy. I hope to see her in some other amazing tiaras soon, especially with the upcoming State visit.
Camilla could look better in tiaras if Charles would let her lose the 70s "Charlie's Angels" hairdo. I don't think anyone w/ that do could look great. Camilla could probably benefit if her hair was pulled back and had some volume in the back and height, rather than only volume at the sides.

I doubt Charles has any say in her hair. What Camilla wants Camilla has.

I doubt Charles has any say in her hair. What Camilla wants Camilla has.
I've just heard that he likes her to keep the hairstyle from when they first met. But you could be right...it seems like she's always had that 70s do--in the 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s.

Queen Silvia always had a wonderful hair together with tiaras... like this: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=21583&postcount=19

but lately she has turned up with her hair down... I think the first time (? at least first time I noticed, and first time at Nobel) was at Nobel 2007:http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2007/12/10/premios-nobel-suecia/imgs/nobel-suecia8a.jpg
and I guess she wants to look young, but to me she dont look regal enough, esp if her daughters at the same time have their hair up in a nice way...

Back
Top Bottom