Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-19-2019, 01:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 6: 2020

My guesses for the Danish New Years reception:

Margrethe: emerald tiara

Mary: Danish ruby tiara

Marie: wedding tiara

As for the Japanese New Years reception, I think Empress Masako will wear the Meiji tiara.

Old 12-26-2019, 03:31 PM
Super Moderator

Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 6: 2020

Welcome to the Tiara and Jewels Guessing Thread for 2020.

The previous thread can be found here: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-46071-19.html

Old 12-26-2019, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator

My guess for the New Year's Court in Kopenhagen:
Queen Margrethe: the pearl poire parure
CP Mary: the ruby parure (last year was the first time that she wore a different tiara for the New Year's Court, and I really hope that she'll bring out the grand rubies again).
Princess Marie: the floral tiara

I don't think that the New Year's Reception in Japan will bring us any surprises. Everyone will wear their standard tiaras, which now means the Meiji tiara for the Empress and the scroll tiara for the Crown Princess. That is, I truly hope that the Empress will attend the Reception for the first time in years. I don't expect to see her with the chrysanthemum tiara just yet, but I'd love to see it. That would make my day.
Old 12-26-2019, 03:52 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
CP Mary: the ruby parure (last year was the first time that she wore a different tiara for the New Year's Court, and I really hope that she'll bring out the grand rubies again).

On the Website for the New Year's Coourt in Kopenhagen i have seen that Prinxess Benedikte is also listed. So it seems that she will also attend probably for the first time since many years. My guess is that she will wear the Berleburg fringe tiara.

Old 12-26-2019, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
On the QWebsite for the New Year's Coourt in Kopenhagen i have seen that Prinxess Benedikte is also listed. So it seems that she will also attend probably for the first time sicne many years. My guess is that she will wear the Berleburg fringe tiara.
What a nice surprise! She seems to spend most of her time in Denmark now. I agree about the fringe tiara. It's her grandest tiara and it's fitting for the New Year's Court. But there is a small chance that she'll decide to wear one of her Danish tiaras, probably the the star tiara.
Old 12-26-2019, 09:05 PM
Serene Highness

My bid for the New Years Day Gala Dinner in Copenhagen

The Queen : The Crown Jewel Emeralds

The Crown Princess : Queen Ingrid’s Ruby Parure

Princess Marie : Mauboussin Diamond and Sapphire Tiara (would LOVE to see that one again)

Princess Benedikte : Berleburg Fringe Tiara and Queen Ingrid’s Amethyst Demi-Parure.
Old 12-26-2019, 11:48 PM
Courtier

I hope we will see Chrysanthemum Tiara from the Express.
Old 12-27-2019, 02:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

I don't think that the New Year's Reception in Japan will bring us any surprises. Everyone will wear their standard tiaras, which now means the Meiji tiara for the Empress and the scroll tiara for the Crown Princess. That is, I truly hope that the Empress will attend the Reception for the first time in years. I don't expect to see her with the chrysanthemum tiara just yet, but I'd love to see it. That would make my day.
Masako returned to New Year's Reception in 2019. I believe she attended the morning and early afternoon greetings, not the ambassador's greetings in the afternoon.

I hope to see the Meiji tiara with stars although I expect it without stars. Perhaps Princess Hanako will wear her fringe tiara and Princess Hisako will wear her bandeau.

1 January 2019:
https://cdn.mainichi.jp/vol1/2019/01...0044000q/9.jpg
https://cdn.mainichi.jp/vol1/2019/01...0047000q/9.jpg
Old 12-29-2019, 06:36 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
My bid for the New Years Day Gala Dinner in Copenhagen

The Queen : The Crown Jewel Emeralds

The Crown Princess : Queen Ingrid’s Ruby Parure

Princess Marie : Mauboussin Diamond and Sapphire Tiara (would LOVE to see that one again)

Princess Benedikte : Berleburg Fringe Tiara and Queen Ingrid’s Amethyst Demi-Parure.
I, too, would love to see the Mauboussin tiara again. But I don't think that Princess Marie will wear it at highly official state events like the New Year's Court. Firstly, the Court is about Denmark and a tiara that underlines her French decent would give the wrong message, imo. And then the tiara is owned by the jeweler, and wearing it would give an unwelcome commercial association, imo. I also think that this is the reason why both the midnight tiara and the lily amethyst tiara are rarely worn by the Princesses. While they do support Danish enterprises, they do not want to become mayor advertisements for certain companies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prisma View Post
Masako returned to New Year's Reception in 2019. I believe she attended the morning and early afternoon greetings, not the ambassador's greetings in the afternoon.

I hope to see the Meiji tiara with stars although I expect it without stars. Perhaps Princess Hanako will wear her fringe tiara and Princess Hisako will wear her bandeau.

1 January 2019:
https://cdn.mainichi.jp/vol1/2019/01...0044000q/9.jpg
https://cdn.mainichi.jp/vol1/2019/01...0047000q/9.jpg
Thanks for correcting me, I had forgotten that Masako already attended the last New Year's reception.

I don't expect to see the stars on the Meiji tiara again. That combination was awfully big and grand and somehow I think that Empress Masako would prefer a more toned down appearance. Maybe, she will even wear the Meiji tiara in the smallest version without the upright diamonds at some stage. Afaik, Nagako has done so a few times at State Visits. But I don't expect that look right now, maybe that will be left for an outgoing state visit in a few years.

I'm terribly curious if the honeysuckle tiara also remains with the current Empress. Afaik, it is seen as a private tiara and not as part of the official jewels of the Empress.
Old 12-29-2019, 09:08 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:

I don't expect to see the stars on the Meiji tiara again. That combination was awfully big and grand and somehow I think that Empress Masako would prefer a more toned down appearance. Maybe, she will even wear the Meiji tiara in the smallest version without the upright diamonds at some stage. Afaik, Nagako has done so a few times at State Visits. But I don't expect that look right now, maybe that will be left for an outgoing state visit in a few years.

I'm terribly curious if the honeysuckle tiara also remains with the current Empress. Afaik, it is seen as a private tiara and not as part of the official jewels of the Empress.

Perhaps the Meji tiaraq witout the pearl spikes will be worn at some incoming State Vitis who are not so important. But as the don't sue tiaras for State Banquet at incmoing State Banquet for Presidents (when what was that changed because i remberer during Emperor Hirhito'ss reign it was astill white tie) there are not so many tiara evfents,.

As for the palmette tiara i certainkly hope that iw will also be availibe for Empress Masako as iotherwise she would only have 2 tiaras at her disposal. Wopuld also be nice to see iother tiwatra whio have not been seen like the TaKamatsu tiara made avalible for the Empress.

Old 12-29-2019, 09:39 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Perhaps the Meji tiaraq witout the pearl spikes will be worn at some incoming State Vitis who are not so important. But as the don't sue tiaras for State Banquet at incmoing State Banquet for Presidents (when what was that changed because i remberer during Emperor Hirhito'ss reign it was astill white tie) there are not so many tiara evfents,.

As for the palmette tiara i certainkly hope that iw will also be availibe for Empress Masako as iotherwise she would only have 2 tiaras at her disposal. Wopuld also be nice to see iother tiwatra whio have not been seen like the TaKamatsu tiara made avalible for the Empress.
We do not know if the fringe tiara that Masako wore in the recent years is considered as a private tiara or if it is considered as the second tiara of CP. So maybe Masako will continue to wear it and Kiko will continue to wear her wedding tiara. Or maybe the new Empress will end up with four tiara, or even more? Wishful thinking, here!
Old 12-29-2019, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
We do not know if the fringe tiara that Masako wore in the recent years is considered as a private tiara or if it is considered as the second tiara of CP. So maybe Masako will continue to wear it and Kiko will continue to wear her wedding tiara. Or maybe the new Empress will end up with four tiara, or even more? Wishful thinking, here!

As Empress Michiko wore the fringe tiara as Crown Princess and not anymore after she became Crown Princess my guess is that is considered the secon Tiara/Paure for the Crown Princess.

Old 12-29-2019, 11:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

My guess for the Danish New Years Levée:

The Queen: same as usual
The Crown Princess: same as usual
Princess Marie: same as usual

The surprise is not in the jewels but in the choice of evening gowns.
Old 12-29-2019, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post

The Crown Princess: same as usual
Princess Marie: same as usual

The surprise is not in the jewels but in the choice of evening gowns.
Well, a year ago the Crown Princess did not wear the same as usual, but I hope that now she will return to 'the same as usual'.
Old 12-29-2019, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post

The Queen has worn the the big floral tiara, the pearl poiree tiara and the emeralds for the New Years Levée. So which is the usual for her in your opionion?
I would like to see her wear the big floral tiara in it's wreath form together with the big diamond necklace from the Crown jewels.

Old 01-13-2020, 07:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

There are three potential tiara events at Queen Margrethe’s 80th birthday in April. Her 70th birthday had three tiara events, so this may be a likely possibility.
Old 01-13-2020, 08:07 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
There are three potential tiara events at Queen Margrethe’s 80th birthday in April. Her 70th birthday had three tiara events, so this may be a likely possibility.
What are the 3 possibilities ? I thought the gala dinner would be the only tiara event.
Old 01-13-2020, 09:14 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
What are the 3 possibilities ? I thought the gala dinner would be the only tiara event.
There is a concert and two galas. The galas include foreign and Danish guests.
Old 01-14-2020, 03:30 AM
Super Moderator

Unfortunately, the gala concert is the first event, so it might be unlikely that the foreign royals attend that event, because they are invited to the actual birthday dinner which is two days later.

The dinner at Fredensborg on the 15th is probably once again an all Danish affair, with the goverment and official representatives. That's usually when the RF bring out their grandest jewels: the emerald parure, the Desirée Clary ruby parure, the floral tiara and the Berleburg fringe tiara.

The second gala dinner, on the 16th at Fredensborg, includes foreign guests. It's called 'festmiddag' and probably is black tie. 5 years ago the black tie dinner at Fredensborg had no tiaras, iirc.
Old 01-14-2020, 04:07 AM
Super Moderator

I excpect that there will be royals fgrom abroad at the Christiansborg Aladinner as this was also the case 5 years ago and it's is the vening before the actual birthday. For her 60th birthday also royal from abroad attended a Galadinner at Christiansborg. It was only different 10 years ago for the 70th birthday when the Christiansborg Gala was several days before the actual birthday.