Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 6: 2020-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IloveCP

Imperial Majesty
City
-
Country
United States
My guesses for the Danish New Years reception:

Margrethe: emerald tiara

Mary: Danish ruby tiara

Marie: wedding tiara

As for the Japanese New Years reception, I think Empress Masako will wear the Meiji tiara.

My guess for the New Year's Court in Kopenhagen:
Queen Margrethe: the pearl poire parure
CP Mary: the ruby parure (last year was the first time that she wore a different tiara for the New Year's Court, and I really hope that she'll bring out the grand rubies again).
Princess Marie: the floral tiara

I don't think that the New Year's Reception in Japan will bring us any surprises. Everyone will wear their standard tiaras, which now means the Meiji tiara for the Empress and the scroll tiara for the Crown Princess. That is, I truly hope that the Empress will attend the Reception for the first time in years. I don't expect to see her with the chrysanthemum tiara just yet, but I'd love to see it. That would make my day.:D

CP Mary: the ruby parure (last year was the first time that she wore a different tiara for the New Year's Court, and I really hope that she'll bring out the grand rubies again).

.:D

On the Website for the New Year's Coourt in Kopenhagen i have seen that Prinxess Benedikte is also listed. So it seems that she will also attend probably for the first time since many years. My guess is that she will wear the Berleburg fringe tiara.

Last edited:
On the QWebsite for the New Year's Coourt in Kopenhagen i have seen that Prinxess Benedikte is also listed. So it seems that she will also attend probably for the first time sicne many years. My guess is that she will wear the Berleburg fringe tiara.
What a nice surprise! She seems to spend most of her time in Denmark now. I agree about the fringe tiara. It's her grandest tiara and it's fitting for the New Year's Court. But there is a small chance that she'll decide to wear one of her Danish tiaras, probably the the star tiara.

My bid for the New Years Day Gala Dinner in Copenhagen

The Queen : The Crown Jewel Emeralds

The Crown Princess : Queen Ingrid’s Ruby Parure

Princess Marie : Mauboussin Diamond and Sapphire Tiara (would LOVE to see that one again)

Princess Benedikte : Berleburg Fringe Tiara and Queen Ingrid’s Amethyst Demi-Parure.

I hope we will see Chrysanthemum Tiara from the Express.

I don't think that the New Year's Reception in Japan will bring us any surprises. Everyone will wear their standard tiaras, which now means the Meiji tiara for the Empress and the scroll tiara for the Crown Princess. That is, I truly hope that the Empress will attend the Reception for the first time in years. I don't expect to see her with the chrysanthemum tiara just yet, but I'd love to see it. That would make my day.:D
Masako returned to New Year's Reception in 2019. I believe she attended the morning and early afternoon greetings, not the ambassador's greetings in the afternoon.

I hope to see the Meiji tiara with stars although I expect it without stars. Perhaps Princess Hanako will wear her fringe tiara and Princess Hisako will wear her bandeau.

1 January 2019:
https://cdn.mainichi.jp/vol1/2019/01/01/20190101hpj00m040044000q/9.jpg
https://cdn.mainichi.jp/vol1/2019/01/01/20190101hpj00m040047000q/9.jpg

My bid for the New Years Day Gala Dinner in Copenhagen

The Queen : The Crown Jewel Emeralds

The Crown Princess : Queen Ingrid’s Ruby Parure

Princess Marie : Mauboussin Diamond and Sapphire Tiara (would LOVE to see that one again)

Princess Benedikte : Berleburg Fringe Tiara and Queen Ingrid’s Amethyst Demi-Parure.
I, too, would love to see the Mauboussin tiara again. But I don't think that Princess Marie will wear it at highly official state events like the New Year's Court. Firstly, the Court is about Denmark and a tiara that underlines her French decent would give the wrong message, imo. And then the tiara is owned by the jeweler, and wearing it would give an unwelcome commercial association, imo. I also think that this is the reason why both the midnight tiara and the lily amethyst tiara are rarely worn by the Princesses. While they do support Danish enterprises, they do not want to become mayor advertisements for certain companies.
Masako returned to New Year's Reception in 2019. I believe she attended the morning and early afternoon greetings, not the ambassador's greetings in the afternoon.

I hope to see the Meiji tiara with stars although I expect it without stars. Perhaps Princess Hanako will wear her fringe tiara and Princess Hisako will wear her bandeau.

1 January 2019:
https://cdn.mainichi.jp/vol1/2019/01/01/20190101hpj00m040044000q/9.jpg
https://cdn.mainichi.jp/vol1/2019/01/01/20190101hpj00m040047000q/9.jpg
Thanks for correcting me, I had forgotten that Masako already attended the last New Year's reception.

I don't expect to see the stars on the Meiji tiara again. That combination was awfully big and grand and somehow I think that Empress Masako would prefer a more toned down appearance. Maybe, she will even wear the Meiji tiara in the smallest version without the upright diamonds at some stage. Afaik, Nagako has done so a few times at State Visits. But I don't expect that look right now, maybe that will be left for an outgoing state visit in a few years.

I'm terribly curious if the honeysuckle tiara also remains with the current Empress. Afaik, it is seen as a private tiara and not as part of the official jewels of the Empress.

I don't expect to see the stars on the Meiji tiara again. That combination was awfully big and grand and somehow I think that Empress Masako would prefer a more toned down appearance. Maybe, she will even wear the Meiji tiara in the smallest version without the upright diamonds at some stage. Afaik, Nagako has done so a few times at State Visits. But I don't expect that look right now, maybe that will be left for an outgoing state visit in a few years.

I'm terribly curious if the honeysuckle tiara also remains with the current Empress. Afaik, it is seen as a private tiara and not as part of the official jewels of the Empress.

Perhaps the Meji tiaraq witout the pearl spikes will be worn at some incoming State Vitis who are not so important. But as the don't sue tiaras for State Banquet at incmoing State Banquet for Presidents (when what was that changed because i remberer during Emperor Hirhito'ss reign it was astill white tie) there are not so many tiara evfents,.

As for the palmette tiara i certainkly hope that iw will also be availibe for Empress Masako as iotherwise she would only have 2 tiaras at her disposal. Wopuld also be nice to see iother tiwatra whio have not been seen like the TaKamatsu tiara made avalible for the Empress.

Perhaps the Meji tiaraq witout the pearl spikes will be worn at some incoming State Vitis who are not so important. But as the don't sue tiaras for State Banquet at incmoing State Banquet for Presidents (when what was that changed because i remberer during Emperor Hirhito'ss reign it was astill white tie) there are not so many tiara evfents,.

As for the palmette tiara i certainkly hope that iw will also be availibe for Empress Masako as iotherwise she would only have 2 tiaras at her disposal. Wopuld also be nice to see iother tiwatra whio have not been seen like the TaKamatsu tiara made avalible for the Empress.
We do not know if the fringe tiara that Masako wore in the recent years is considered as a private tiara or if it is considered as the second tiara of CP. So maybe Masako will continue to wear it and Kiko will continue to wear her wedding tiara. Or maybe the new Empress will end up with four tiara, or even more? :D Wishful thinking, here!

We do not know if the fringe tiara that Masako wore in the recent years is considered as a private tiara or if it is considered as the second tiara of CP. So maybe Masako will continue to wear it and Kiko will continue to wear her wedding tiara. Or maybe the new Empress will end up with four tiara, or even more? :D Wishful thinking, here!

As Empress Michiko wore the fringe tiara as Crown Princess and not anymore after she became Crown Princess my guess is that is considered the secon Tiara/Paure for the Crown Princess.

My guess for the Danish New Years Levée:

The Queen: same as usual
The Crown Princess: same as usual
Princess Marie: same as usual

The surprise is not in the jewels but in the choice of evening gowns.

The Crown Princess: same as usual
Princess Marie: same as usual

The surprise is not in the jewels but in the choice of evening gowns.
Well, a year ago the Crown Princess did not wear the same as usual, but I hope that now she will return to 'the same as usual'.;)

The Queen has worn the the big floral tiara, the pearl poiree tiara and the emeralds for the New Years Levée. So which is the usual for her in your opionion?
I would like to see her wear the big floral tiara in it's wreath form together with the big diamond necklace from the Crown jewels.

There are three potential tiara events at Queen Margrethe’s 80th birthday in April. Her 70th birthday had three tiara events, so this may be a likely possibility.

There are three potential tiara events at Queen Margrethe’s 80th birthday in April. Her 70th birthday had three tiara events, so this may be a likely possibility.

What are the 3 possibilities ? I thought the gala dinner would be the only tiara event.

What are the 3 possibilities ? I thought the gala dinner would be the only tiara event.

There is a concert and two galas. The galas include foreign and Danish guests.

Unfortunately, the gala concert is the first event, so it might be unlikely that the foreign royals attend that event, because they are invited to the actual birthday dinner which is two days later.

The dinner at Fredensborg on the 15th is probably once again an all Danish affair, with the goverment and official representatives. That's usually when the RF bring out their grandest jewels: the emerald parure, the Desirée Clary ruby parure, the floral tiara and the Berleburg fringe tiara.

The second gala dinner, on the 16th at Fredensborg, includes foreign guests. It's called 'festmiddag' and probably is black tie. 5 years ago the black tie dinner at Fredensborg had no tiaras, iirc. :sad:

I excpect that there will be royals fgrom abroad at the Christiansborg Aladinner as this was also the case 5 years ago and it's is the vening before the actual birthday. For her 60th birthday also royal from abroad attended a Galadinner at Christiansborg. It was only different 10 years ago for the 70th birthday when the Christiansborg Gala was several days before the actual birthday.

Queen Margrethe loves her jewels, and I think there will be a glittering event just like the 80th year celebration of Queen Sonja and King Harald of Norway two years ago. I can not say this enough, but please, Mette-Marit need to debut a new tiara. Hope to see Queen Maud grand diamond tiara.

:previous: Was there a concert for her 75th birthday? Do you think that the dress code will be white tie and tiaras for the concert this year? That would be so nice, because it would probably mean that we'd see several Rosenborg countesses and other Danish nobles with tiaras. And the younger Greek and Berleburg ladies are always a pleasure to see with tiaras.

There's also a SV from Japan to the UK announced for this spring. I do hope that the Empress will bring to different tiaras: the Meiji scroll for the State Banquet and the chrysanthemum tiara for the Guildhall banquet (I hope there will be one!) I'd absolutely love to see her with the other mayor imperial tiara.

:previous: Was there a concert for her 75th birthday? Do you think that the dress code will be white tie and tiaras for the concert this year? That would be so nice, because it would probably mean that we'd see several Rosenborg countesses and other Danish nobles with tiaras. And the younger Greek and Berleburg ladies are always a pleasure to see with tiaras.

No conert or Gala perfomance for the 75th birthday but for the 70th and for the 60th. They where always white tie. And for the ruby Jubilee there was a Special Perfomance but this one was not in the Kongelig Theater but in anotehr building. there the deresscode was black tie with tiaras.

Last edited:
Official Dinner, Representationsmiddag, coming up at the Royal Palace of Stockholm on March 4th. https://www.kungahuset.se/kalender....alender_slutdatum_submit=2020/03/04#Kalendern

Queen Silvia - The Nine Prong
Crown Princess Victoria - The Large Cut Steel Tiara
Princess Sofia - Wedding Tiara with pearls

- - -

For Queen Margrethe's 80th Birthday I really hope for, and suspect a large turnout from the Royal Houses in Europe. As it used to be in Denmark. I would guess the two dinners, the one at Christiansborg and Fredensborg would be with tiaras. But who knows?

I'm hoping for Empress Masako to wear either the Imperial Chrysanthemum tiara or Princess Chichibu's Honeysuckle tiara during the State Visit to Great Britain. We'll probably get the Meiji, but I'm still hoping.

All the usual suspects from the Duchess of Cambridge and the Duchess of Cornwall, assuming they are both present.

The Queen might break out one of her ruby tiaras as a nod to the Japanese colors, preferably the Oriental Circlet rather than the Burmese, but if she does go the ruby route I'm guessing it will be the Burmese. Otherwise it will be the Girls.

Official Dinner, Representationsmiddag, coming up at the Royal Palace of Stockholm on March 4th. https://www.kungahuset.se/kalender....alender_slutdatum_submit=2020/03/04#Kalendern

Queen Silvia - The Nine Prong
Crown Princess Victoria - The Large Cut Steel Tiara
Princess Sofia - Wedding Tiara with pearls

- - -

For Queen Margrethe's 80th Birthday I really hope for, and suspect a large turnout from the Royal Houses in Europe. As it used to be in Denmark. I would guess the two dinners, the one at Christiansborg and Fredensborg would be with tiaras. But who knows?

I am guessing only one of Danish dinners will be with tiaras and the other will be plain back tie .

Great to know when the next representation dinner is coming up. I expect it will be business as usual on the tiara front.
Queen Silvia - the Connaught tiara
CP Victoria - the Baden fringe
Sofia - her own, maybe the new turquoise version again.
I'm hoping for Empress Masako to wear either the Imperial Chrysanthemum tiara or Princess Chichibu's Honeysuckle tiara during the State Visit to Great Britain. We'll probably get the Meiji, but I'm still hoping.

All the usual suspects from the Duchess of Cambridge and the Duchess of Cornwall, assuming they are both present.

The Queen might break out one of her ruby tiaras as a nod to the Japanese colors, preferably the Oriental Circlet rather than the Burmese, but if she does go the ruby route I'm guessing it will be the Burmese. Otherwise it will be the Girls.
I think that the Empress will wear the Meiji scroll tiara to the State Banquet. Only if there is a Guildhall banquet, which I think there will be, we can hope for a second tiara imperial tiara. My guess is that she will wear the chrysamthemum tiara before she starts wearing the honeysuckle tiara. After all, the chrysanthemum flower is a national symbol and the tiara has the longer history with Japanese empresses.

Camilla and Kate will wear their usual workhorses, although I'd love to see something else. Rubies for the Queen is a good guess, but the oriental circlet is, unfortunately, very unlikely. Imo, it's much more beautiful than the Burmese, but it's not the one that the Queen favours.
I am guessing only one of Danish dinners will be with tiaras and the other will be plain back tie .
I agree. The dinner at Christiansborg is probably the white tie dinner with government members and important representatives. The dinner at Fredensborg on the actual birthday seems to be the private celebration with extended family, personal friends and friends from Royal families. That one is destined to be black tie, most likely without tiara (like it was 5 years ago.)

But then there is the concert, and previous gala concerts used to be with tiaras. So there is a good chance that there will be two tiara events.

There will be a Belgian state visit to Italy in March. There is a chance Queen Mathilde will wear a tiara as Queen Maxima wore a tiara during a state visit to Italy in 2017.

:previous: I agree, the chance that Queen Mathilde will wear a tiara in Italy is quite big. I think we can rule out the full version of the 9 provinces tiara. But the bandeau, the Wolfers and the laurel tiara are all possible, imo.

UK-Japan:

I wouldn't be surprised if Masako debuts the Chrysanthemum Tiara in UK as she already wore the earrings in New Year Reception IIRC. But at the same time I think she will just stick to the Meiji Scroll Tiara as it is their first state visit they make and probably they would like to pick the grandest one.

Would be great to see any Ruby tiaras from QEII (The Oriental Circlet is great and I don't mind the Burmese actually) but probably she will use her usual one (maybe the diamond wall or GGBI). Maybe a pearl brooch e.g. the Teck one or QM's shell).

Also their usual workhorses for Camilla and Kate. Random thought 1: Camilla borrows the Godman and Nizam of Hyderabad of Kate again. Random thought 2: Sophie gets a new splendid tiara loan (maybe Strathmore Rose or Persian Turquoise or something even more exciting) (gonna write it in my every predictions).

Italy-Belgium:
Probably Wolfers or Fabiola's brooch if she prefers more lowkey (that's quite lovely).

Sweden:
Silvia: Leuchtenberg Sapphire
Victoria: the Connaught or the Aquamarine or the Amethyst, just not Baden Fringe (I don't hate it but want to see some other thing from her).
sofia: wedding tiara with turquoises

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom