The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-27-2021, 03:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
There will be a German state visit to Sweden in September. If there will be a tiara event, here are my guesses:

Silvia: Connaught tiara

Victoria: Baden Fringe tiara

Madeleine: Modern Fringe tiara

Sofia: Wedding tiara
Madeleine returned to Florida a couple of weeks ago, so I doubt she will come back to participate in the state visit.

Old 08-28-2021, 04:25 AM
Super Moderator

Finally another State Visit!

I agree that Sofia is going to wear her wedding tiara. About the Queen and Victoria I'm undecided. Silvia might also wear her 9 prongs tiara. And I'd love to see the large cut steel tiara on Victoria once again, though it might be more likely that she wears the laurel or the fringe tiara.

Old 08-28-2021, 04:58 AM
Courtier

Wouldn't be surprised if Silvia chooses the 9 Prongs, she also wore this piece in 2003. Baden Fringe or Lilian's Laurel Wreath for Victoria (the tiara she and Lilian wore back in 2003) and maybe pearl version of her wedding tiara for sofia.
Old 08-28-2021, 03:02 PM
Serene Highness

The upcoming state visit banquet in Sweden will according to the press release be adjusted to follow the swedish Covid restrictions (wich probably means fewer participants than normal and guests seated with distance) so i guess we have to wait and see if it is still a tiara event at all....

If it is, i expect Queen Silvia to wear the 9 prong tiara.

There is also a chance she may take the Baden Fringe Tiara as she has done a few times while Victoria has used a different tiara.
If Silvia do take the Baden Fringe Tiara herself, i expect Victoria to wear the large Cut Steel Tiara.

Would love to see Victoria borrow Lilians tiara to Sofia for the night - but i expect we will se Sofia in her wedding tiara.
Old 09-06-2021, 03:00 PM
Courtier

For the Gala dinner at the Royal Palace of Stockholm tomorrow, for the State Visit from President Steinmeier and First Lady Büdenbender.

- Queen Silvia - Queen Sofia's Tiara
- Crown Princess Victoria - The Baden Fringe Tiara
- Princess Sofia - Wedding Tiara with pearls
Old 09-06-2021, 03:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
The upcoming state visit banquet in Sweden will according to the press release be adjusted to follow the swedish Covid restrictions (wich probably means fewer participants than normal and guests seated with distance) so i guess we have to wait and see if it is still a tiara event at all....

If it is, i expect Queen Silvia to wear the 9 prong tiara.

There is also a chance she may take the Baden Fringe Tiara as she has done a few times while Victoria has used a different tiara.
If Silvia do take the Baden Fringe Tiara herself, i expect Victoria to wear the large Cut Steel Tiara.

Would love to see Victoria borrow Lilians tiara to Sofia for the night - but i expect we will se Sofia in her wedding tiara.
The Baden Diadem would be a good bet, given the German roots of the first wearer.
Old 09-07-2021, 09:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
For the Gala dinner at the Royal Palace of Stockholm tomorrow, for the State Visit from President Steinmeier and First Lady Büdenbender.

- Queen Silvia - Queen Sofia's Tiara
- Crown Princess Victoria - The Baden Fringe Tiara
- Princess Sofia - Wedding Tiara with pearls
I couldn't disagree with that selection of tiara's for this event. that said, I might add that I am not sure I could predict what "toppers" Sofia might choose for her tiara today: emeralds, pearls, turquoise, another stone (rubies?) or none at all.
Old 09-07-2021, 03:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Silvia - Nina Prong Tiara
Crown Princess Victoria - Connaught Tiara
Sofia didn't attend.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E-tJHrsX...jpg&name=large
Old 09-07-2021, 04:27 PM
Serene Highness

Looks like The Queen is using 2 detachable emeralds from the necklace as earrings... Lovely to see... Queen Silvia shortened this necklace when she started wearing it so i have since long hoped she would do this :)
Old 09-07-2021, 04:33 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Nine Prong Tiara is my least favourite Swedish tiara but the Connaught Tiara is lovely on Crown Princess Victoria.