Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 6: 2020-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be a German state visit to Sweden in September. If there will be a tiara event, here are my guesses:

Silvia: Connaught tiara

Victoria: Baden Fringe tiara

Madeleine: Modern Fringe tiara

Sofia: Wedding tiara

Madeleine returned to Florida a couple of weeks ago, so I doubt she will come back to participate in the state visit.

Finally another State Visit!

I agree that Sofia is going to wear her wedding tiara. About the Queen and Victoria I'm undecided. Silvia might also wear her 9 prongs tiara. And I'd love to see the large cut steel tiara on Victoria once again, though it might be more likely that she wears the laurel or the fringe tiara.

Wouldn't be surprised if Silvia chooses the 9 Prongs, she also wore this piece in 2003. Baden Fringe or Lilian's Laurel Wreath for Victoria (the tiara she and Lilian wore back in 2003) and maybe pearl version of her wedding tiara for sofia.

The upcoming state visit banquet in Sweden will according to the press release be adjusted to follow the swedish Covid restrictions (wich probably means fewer participants than normal and guests seated with distance) so i guess we have to wait and see if it is still a tiara event at all....

If it is, i expect Queen Silvia to wear the 9 prong tiara.

There is also a chance she may take the Baden Fringe Tiara as she has done a few times while Victoria has used a different tiara.
If Silvia do take the Baden Fringe Tiara herself, i expect Victoria to wear the large Cut Steel Tiara.

Would love to see Victoria borrow Lilians tiara to Sofia for the night - but i expect we will se Sofia in her wedding tiara.

For the Gala dinner at the Royal Palace of Stockholm tomorrow, for the State Visit from President Steinmeier and First Lady Büdenbender.

- Queen Silvia - Queen Sofia's Tiara
- Crown Princess Victoria - The Baden Fringe Tiara
- Princess Sofia - Wedding Tiara with pearls

The upcoming state visit banquet in Sweden will according to the press release be adjusted to follow the swedish Covid restrictions (wich probably means fewer participants than normal and guests seated with distance) so i guess we have to wait and see if it is still a tiara event at all....

If it is, i expect Queen Silvia to wear the 9 prong tiara.

There is also a chance she may take the Baden Fringe Tiara as she has done a few times while Victoria has used a different tiara.
If Silvia do take the Baden Fringe Tiara herself, i expect Victoria to wear the large Cut Steel Tiara.

Would love to see Victoria borrow Lilians tiara to Sofia for the night - but i expect we will se Sofia in her wedding tiara.

The Baden Diadem would be a good bet, given the German roots of the first wearer.

For the Gala dinner at the Royal Palace of Stockholm tomorrow, for the State Visit from President Steinmeier and First Lady Büdenbender.

- Queen Silvia - Queen Sofia's Tiara
- Crown Princess Victoria - The Baden Fringe Tiara
- Princess Sofia - Wedding Tiara with pearls

I couldn't disagree with that selection of tiara's for this event. that said, I might add that I am not sure I could predict what "toppers" Sofia might choose for her tiara today: emeralds, pearls, turquoise, another stone (rubies?) or none at all.

Looks like The Queen is using 2 detachable emeralds from the necklace as earrings... Lovely to see... Queen Silvia shortened this necklace when she started wearing it so i have since long hoped she would do this :)

The Nine Prong Tiara is my least favourite Swedish tiara but the Connaught Tiara is lovely on Crown Princess Victoria.

Any guesses (or wishes!) for jewellery we would like to see Camilla and Catherine wear to the forthcoming premiere of the Bond movie?

There will be a Dutch state visit to Norway in November. If there will be a tiara event, here are my guesses:

Queen Maxima: Mellerio Sapphire tiara

Queen Sonja: Queen Maud's Pearl and Diamond tiara (larger version)

Crown Princess Mette Marit: Diamond Daisy tiara

There will be a Dutch state visit to Norway in November. If there will be a tiara event, here are my guesses:

Queen Maxima: Mellerio Sapphire tiara

Queen Sonja: Queen Maud's Pearl and Diamond tiara (larger version)

Crown Princess Mette Marit: Diamond Daisy tiara

Maxima wore the sapphire tiara to the 80th birthday gala for the King and Queen of Norway in 2017, so I suspect we will see her wear something different.

Possibly the Stuart Diamond tiara in a smaller setting, without the Stuart diamond. Or perhaps one of the two ruby tiara's, both of which have not had an outing for some time. Might she wear the ruby peacock mirrored parure?

One of the 2 ruby tiaras for Queen Máxima would be fitting given the colour of the norwegian sash

Queen Sonja i guess either the emeralds or the big diamond tiara, hoping fot the later one
Mette-Marit probably the daisy or amethysts but would be nioce to something different like the small setting of Queen Maud's pearl tiara
Would be nice if Princess Märtha Louise made an exception and attends the State Banquet (i think she attended at Queen Beatrix State Visit but not sure).

I hope Queen Máxima will -for once- wear a complete parure:

The Ruby Parure by Mellerio dits Meller, complete with the full setting of the devant-de-corsage (stomacher) and the diamond-and-rubies encrusted fan.

The Ruby Parure by Schürmann & Co, complete with mirrored collier and all accessoires.

The Grand Sapphire Parure by Van Kempen & Vos (so it was not made by Mellerio, as often thought), complete with the original collier.

The New Crown Parure by Schürmann & Co ("Stuart parure") complete with the collier with the 17th C thickstone rectangular diamonds, the large diamond sévignée (bow corsage de devant) and the East-Indies bracelet re-assembled in original form.

In previous two Dutch-Norwegian state visit (1996&2010), Beatrix wore the Wurttemberg Pearl for both, while Sonja wore Q Maud's Pearl and Josephine's Diamond respectively. I'm wondering will Maxima wear the Wurttemberg Pearl as well. Another possible options I guess will be smallest Stuart or Mellerio Ruby. For the Norwegian I guess it will be Q Maud's Pearl for Sonja, the Amethyst for M-M and the diamond Aigrette for Astrid.

However I'm also thinking that it may become a toned down visit, with less splendid jewelries.

In previous two Dutch-Norwegian state visit (1996&2010), Beatrix wore the Wurttemberg Pearl for both, while Sonja wore Q Maud's Pearl and Josephine's Diamond respectively. I'm wondering will Maxima wear the Wurttemberg Pearl as well. Another possible options I guess will be smallest Stuart or Mellerio Ruby. For the Norwegian I guess it will be Q Maud's Pearl for Sonja, the Amethyst for M-M and the diamond Aigrette for Astrid.

Princess Beatrix did indeed wear the Wurttemberg Pearl tiara for the 80th birthday celebrations of Harald and Sonja. Maxima could indeed carry on the tradition, or create a new one herself!

However I'm also thinking that it may become a toned down visit, with less splendid jewelries.

Toned down Maxima? I hope not! ?

There will also be a danish State visit to Germany in November. Unfortunately not white tie State Banquets anymore here but i expect Queen Margrethe to wear a tiara at the State Banquet. Perhaps the Baden Palmette tiara or the turqiose bandeau.

It would also be nice to see Queen Máxima with the Württemberg Ornate Diamond & Pearls Diadem in full setting. It is hard to envisage how it would look without a beatrixian coiffure.

The diadem without the upright pearls:
https://zilver.nl/img/cms/Koningin ...taatsbezoek Japan Tokyo 2014 Zilver.nl AL.png

The diadem with five upright pearls:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/bb/e5/2a/bbe52aa1a87a1c5368537f8fe7465486.jpg

The diadem with eleven upright pearls:
https://vandaagindegeschiedenis.nl/...aus-cc-0-Nationaal-Archief-e1457597035734.jpg

Toned down Maxima? I hope not! ?

Well, a toned down Maxima probably is on the same level as the other's normal standard:ROFLMAO:

Anyway I'm thinking maybe something like the Diamond Bandeau (still splendid though) or the Antique Pearl (her first tiara IIRC which she wore to Haakon M-M's wedding).

There will also be a danish State visit to Germany in November. Unfortunately not white tie State Banquets anymore here but i expect Queen Margrethe to wear a tiara at the State Banquet. Perhaps the Baden Palmette tiara or the turqiose bandeau.

I don't know why but the Golden Poppies come to my mind, I hope I don't jinx it:whistling:.

I don't know why but the Golden Poppies come to my mind, I hope I don't jinx it:whistling:.

:shock:If that is the case i fear we have to introduce Border controls to don't allow the poppies to enter Germany

Well, a toned down Maxima probably is on the same level as the other's normal standard:ROFLMAO:

Anyway I'm thinking maybe something like the Diamond Bandeau (still splendid though) or the Antique Pearl (her first tiara IIRC which she wore to Haakon M-M's wedding).

I think those are far too toned down for an outgoing state visit to a monarchy. I would expect Maxima to wear one of the larger tiaras in Oslo.

I think those are far too toned down for an outgoing state visit to a monarchy. I would expect Maxima to wear one of the larger tiaras in Oslo.

Yes, after I wrote that I remember she wore the Stuart (even though medium setting) to Germany which isn't a monarchy recently, she probably won't wear anything lesser than that in Norway :D.

Yes, after I wrote that I remember she wore the Stuart (even though medium setting) to Germany which isn't a monarchy recently, she probably won't wear anything lesser than that in Norway :D.

Now we are on the same page! ?

That is true, but not only is Germany the most important neighbour of the Netherlands, the King himself is from a German father, had three German grandparents, seven German great-grandparents, etc.

His dynasty is German and a worldfamous landmark alike the Bandenburger Tor in Berlin has a Dutch connection as it was erected to commomerate the military campaign in support of Prince Willem V of Orange-Nassau.

No wonder that important jewels are worn in a German State Visit.

Any guesses (or wishes!) for jewellery we would like to see Camilla and Catherine wear to the forthcoming premiere of the Bond movie?
Unlikely as it may be, but it would be great to see Catherine and Camilla get their emeralds out this evening for the Bond movie premiere.

There will be a Spanish state visit to Sweden in November. If there will be a tiara event, here are my guesses:

Silvia: Sapphire tiara

Madeleine: Aquamarine Kokoshink tiara

Letizia: Carter Pearl and Diamond tiara

There will be a Spanish state visit to Sweden in November. If there will be a tiara event, here are my guesses:

Silvia: Sapphire tiara

Madeleine: Aquamarine Kokoshink tiara

Letizia: Carter Pearl and Diamond tiara
Is it likely Madeleine will return to Sweden at this time?

It would be nice to see the Braganza again, somehow i doubt we will see it again on Queen Silvia, so my guess is also the Sapphire Tiara, for Victoria I think its the Laurel Wreath Tiara, Sofia her wedding Tiara with pearls. Queen Letizia most likely the big Fleur de Lys -no big surprises expected during the state visit.. I hope it take place..

:previous: I would love if Silvia wore the Brananza tiara but I don't expect that to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom