The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-04-2020, 04:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

There will be a state visit from Cabo Verde to Luxembourg from March 31 to April 2. Here are guesses:

Maria Teresa: Scroll tiara

Stephanie: Turquoise tiara

Alexandra: Aquamarine tiara

Claire: Adelaide Sapphire tiara

Old 03-09-2020, 12:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

There is no State Banquet for the State Visit to Indonesia. Maybe we will see the golden-and-diamond East-Indies jewels on daywear tomorrow: https://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/...4AhRr2Q-1l.jpg

For a State Banquet I hoped on a re-assembled diamond East-Indies bracelet, which is now divided in two different bracelets:

Original:
https://storage.pubble.nl/d9c7ad83/c...8_thumb840.jpg

Two bracelets made from the "bands" around the three square elements. The big diamond in the central square is also seen, set on a ring.
http://www.europeanroyaltyandnobilit...A9RPE_9608.jpg

The three central square elements are still somewhere in the cassette. The big central diamond is sometimes worn as a ring, by Princess Beatrix.

Old 05-01-2020, 12:15 PM
Majesty

will we see any tiara events this year? due to covid19....
Old 05-01-2020, 01:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
will we see any tiara events this year? due to covid19....
I think we will see the Nobels, maybe. It's at the end of the year, so we still have time until things go back to normality (or so I hope)
Old 05-01-2020, 02:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
I think we will see the Nobels, maybe. It's at the end of the year, so we still have time until things go back to normality (or so I hope)
I can not see such a mass event, in a crowded concert hall and a crowded city hall, without masks. And big jewels + masks = no no. Not mentioning the impossibility to have diner with masks on.
Old 05-01-2020, 02:04 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
I can not see such a mass event, in a crowded concert hall and a crowded city hall, without masks. And big jewels + masks = no no. Not mentioning the impossibility to have diner with masks on.
Depending on the situation at that time,they could reduce it to only the laureates, their spouses, the Nobel committee and the core royal family. Still a rather large group but probably doable.
Old 05-02-2020, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator

I don't think that it is very likely to have anything similar to a normal Nobel ceremony and banquet. Many of the laureates are elderly and in the high risk group, so stepping on a long distance flight in order to travel to Sweden might be a pretty bad idea for most of them.
Old 05-02-2020, 11:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

It is hard to imagine to see this in 2020, in the new One-and-a-Half-Meter-Society:
https://c8.alamy.com/comp/EY89F0/nob...-or-EY89F0.jpg

With the current regulations it should be 20% of this number, with distance between all guests and with the servers wearing masks and gloves because while serving they will come too close to the guests.
Old 05-02-2020, 11:26 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I don't think that it is very likely to have anything similar to a normal Nobel ceremony and banquet. Many of the laureates are elderly and in the high risk group, so stepping on a long distance flight in order to travel to Sweden might be a pretty bad idea for most of them.
I don’t see state dinners or banquets making a comeback until there is a widely available SARS-Cov-2 vaccine., which won’t happen until the spring of 2021 in the best case scenario.
Old 05-02-2020, 12:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Under the current situation, this will be too crowded in Amsterdam:
https://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/binari...ijk-paleis.jpg

The same venue, smaller setting. This seems possible when the chairs are wider from each other:
https://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/binari...derland_2_-jpg
Old 05-02-2020, 12:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
It is hard to imagine to see this in 2020, in the new One-and-a-Half-Meter-Society:
https://c8.alamy.com/comp/EY89F0/nob...-or-EY89F0.jpg

With the current regulations it should be 20% of this number, with distance between all guests and with the servers wearing masks and gloves because while serving they will come too close to the guests.
While I agree that its unlikely for us to see big Nobel celebrations i just want to point out that in Sweden the recommended distance is two meter and that there are no regulations concerning the wearing of face masks. I work as a carer of the elderly and we don't wear masks.
Old 06-09-2021, 06:04 PM
Courtier

I could not find a treat for jewels guessing 2021, so i will write here.

My guess for the upcoming State visit from south corea to spain.
I think Letizia will wear the Floral Tiara with her wedding earrings. I guess its not the best time for big jewels, like the joyas earrings. Of course it would be great to see her in something different like but i doubt it.
Old 06-09-2021, 06:12 PM
Majesty

I would like Queen Letizia to go back to wearing the Prussian tiara, the same one she wore at her wedding.
https://fotos.web.sapo.io/i/o7b14850...182_7AAho.jpeg
Old 06-09-2021, 08:49 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary-Rose View Post
I could not find a treat for jewels guessing 2021, so i will write here.

My guess for the upcoming State visit from south corea to spain.
I think Letizia will wear the Floral Tiara with her wedding earrings. I guess its not the best time for big jewels, like the joyas earrings. Of course it would be great to see her in something different like but i doubt it.

Will there be a white-tie state banquet? I doubt it given the Covid restrictions.

Probably only a business suit dinner with limited attendance.
Old 06-09-2021, 09:44 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
I would like Queen Letizia to go back to wearing the Prussian tiara, the same one she wore at her wedding.
Beautiful tiara and it suits her well.
Old 06-10-2021, 02:39 AM
Super Moderator

If she want's to wear one of the smaller tiara there is also the Shell tiara which i would like to see her wear again as she has worn it only one time. Or the Asturias pearl tiara.

Old 06-10-2021, 05:07 AM
Super Moderator

I will be happy if Letizia wears a tiara at all, and I guess it will be her favourite floral tiara. Let's hope that they do not use the pandemic as an excuse to scale down the gala banquet to a lesser dress code without tiara.
Old 06-10-2021, 05:13 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
That tiara as far as I'm aware still belongs to her mother in law so we may not see Letizia wearing it .
Old 06-10-2021, 05:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Will there be a white-tie state banquet? I doubt it given the Covid restrictions.

Probably only a business suit dinner with limited attendance.
That sounds about right. However, if there were to be a scaled down state banquet, I would quite like to see her wear her own smaller Fleur-de-Lys tiara.