Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 6: 2020-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is for the Wolfers Tiara on queen Mathilde in Italy its one of the few grand pieces in the almost empty Belgian jewel chest.

I also think Queen Mathilde will wear the Wolfers convertible tiara in Italy.

Having said that, Philippe and Mathilde celebrated their 20th wedding anniversary last December, so I guess there is a 0.001% probability that King Philippe may have got his wife a new wedding anniversary tiara. At least we can hope.

As for Masako, I'm convinced that she'll wear the Meiji scroll tiara for the State Banquet in London, it's the most important Japanese tiara after all. But most likely there will be a Guildhall Banquet on the second night of the visit. So I find it likely that she'll wear a different tiara on the second night. And naturally, the chrysanthemum tiara will be a strong contender.

My guesses for the official dinner the Swedish royal family will attend in March:

Silvia: Connaught tiara

Victoria: Lilian’s tiara

Sofia: wedding tiara

Although Queen Máxima will not wear a tiara in Indonesia, we may hope for a small jewel surprise. Queen Juliana's wedding gift from the Dutch East Indies - a large bracelet- has been broken up two decades ago. We have seen two smaller bracelets from this set and the central diamond has been made into a ring. The two side elements, depicting the Indonesian Garuda, have never been seen again. if they still exist it would be an appropriate choice for this visit.

Another obvious jewel choice is Queen Wilhelmina's 'tiara' -now earrings and pendant- a gift for her enthronement by Sultan Mohamad Soleiman of Kutai.

Lastly we will perhaps still see some emeralds, as the Indonesian archipeligo is also known as the 'Emerald Girdle'.

Last edited:
Although Queen Máxima will not wear a tiara in Indonesia, we may hope for a small jewel surprise. Queen Juliana's wedding gift from the Dutch East Indies - a large bracelet- has been broken up two decades ago. We have seen two smaller bracelets from this set and the central diamond has been made into a ring. The two side elements, depicting the Indonesian Garuda, have never been seen again. if they still exist it would be an appropriate choice for this visit.

Another obvious jewel choice is Queen Wilhelmina's 'tiara' -now earrings and pendant- a gift for her enthronement by Sultan Mohamad Soleiman of Kutai.

Lastly we will perhaps still see some emeralds, as the Indonesian archipeligo is also known as the 'Emerald Girdle'.
Thank you for this fascinating information. Do you have any images of the pieces you mentioned or can name a source that might?

That is an interesting thought, Marengo. It would be nice to see some of those jewels at the state visit. I also wonder if Maxima might wear some piece of jewellery in her hair. She wore an element from Wilhelmina's tiara (the one you talk about) in her hair at the State Banquet in France, and an emerald butterfly brooch at a concert in 2015. We might see something like that again.

Thanks for this information and the informative link. I'm so glad these jewels are worn now

There will be a state visit from Cabo Verde to Luxembourg from March 31 to April 2. Here are guesses:

Maria Teresa: Scroll tiara

Stephanie: Turquoise tiara

Alexandra: Aquamarine tiara

Claire: Adelaide Sapphire tiara

There is no State Banquet for the State Visit to Indonesia. Maybe we will see the golden-and-diamond East-Indies jewels on daywear tomorrow: https://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi...+Prince+Guillaume+Luxembourg+3d4AhRr2Q-1l.jpg

For a State Banquet I hoped on a re-assembled diamond East-Indies bracelet, which is now divided in two different bracelets:

Original:
https://storage.pubble.nl/d9c7ad83/content/2017/6/d3430ad8-2928-4594-9321-46a5c7c6c2a8_thumb840.jpg

Two bracelets made from the "bands" around the three square elements. The big diamond in the central square is also seen, set on a ring.
http://www.europeanroyaltyandnobility.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/©RPE_9608.jpg

The three central square elements are still somewhere in the cassette. The big central diamond is sometimes worn as a ring, by Princess Beatrix.

Last edited:
will we see any tiara events this year? due to covid19....

will we see any tiara events this year? due to covid19....
I think we will see the Nobels, maybe. It's at the end of the year, so we still have time until things go back to normality (or so I hope)

I think we will see the Nobels, maybe. It's at the end of the year, so we still have time until things go back to normality (or so I hope)

I can not see such a mass event, in a crowded concert hall and a crowded city hall, without masks. And big jewels + masks = no no. Not mentioning the impossibility to have diner with masks on.

I can not see such a mass event, in a crowded concert hall and a crowded city hall, without masks. And big jewels + masks = no no. Not mentioning the impossibility to have diner with masks on.

Depending on the situation at that time,they could reduce it to only the laureates, their spouses, the Nobel committee and the core royal family. Still a rather large group but probably doable.

I don't think that it is very likely to have anything similar to a normal Nobel ceremony and banquet. Many of the laureates are elderly and in the high risk group, so stepping on a long distance flight in order to travel to Sweden might be a pretty bad idea for most of them.

Last edited:
I don't think that it is very likely to have anything similar to a normal Nobel ceremony and banquet. Many of the laureates are elderly and in the high risk group, so stepping on a long distance flight in order to travel to Sweden might be a pretty bad idea for most of them.

I don’t see state dinners or banquets making a comeback until there is a widely available SARS-Cov-2 vaccine., which won’t happen until the spring of 2021 in the best case scenario.

It is hard to imagine to see this in 2020, in the new One-and-a-Half-Meter-Society:
https://c8.alamy.com/comp/EY89F0/no...mance-in-blue-room-of-town-hall-or-EY89F0.jpg

With the current regulations it should be 20% of this number, with distance between all guests and with the servers wearing masks and gloves because while serving they will come too close to the guests.
While I agree that its unlikely for us to see big Nobel celebrations i just want to point out that in Sweden the recommended distance is two meter and that there are no regulations concerning the wearing of face masks. I work as a carer of the elderly and we don't wear masks.

I could not find a treat for jewels guessing 2021, so i will write here.

My guess for the upcoming State visit from south corea to spain.
I think Letizia will wear the Floral Tiara with her wedding earrings. I guess its not the best time for big jewels, like the joyas earrings. Of course it would be great to see her in something different like but i doubt it.

I could not find a treat for jewels guessing 2021, so i will write here.

My guess for the upcoming State visit from south corea to spain.
I think Letizia will wear the Floral Tiara with her wedding earrings. I guess its not the best time for big jewels, like the joyas earrings. Of course it would be great to see her in something different like but i doubt it.

Will there be a white-tie state banquet? I doubt it given the Covid restrictions.

Probably only a business suit dinner with limited attendance.

If she want's to wear one of the smaller tiara there is also the Shell tiara which i would like to see her wear again as she has worn it only one time. Or the Asturias pearl tiara.

I will be happy if Letizia wears a tiara at all, and I guess it will be her favourite floral tiara. Let's hope that they do not use the pandemic as an excuse to scale down the gala banquet to a lesser dress code without tiara.

Will there be a white-tie state banquet? I doubt it given the Covid restrictions.

Probably only a business suit dinner with limited attendance.

That sounds about right. However, if there were to be a scaled down state banquet, I would quite like to see her wear her own smaller Fleur-de-Lys tiara.

There will be a German state visit to Sweden in September. If there will be a tiara event, here are my guesses:

Silvia: Connaught tiara

Victoria: Baden Fringe tiara

Madeleine: Modern Fringe tiara

Sofia: Wedding tiara

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom