Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 5: 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Queen: Girls of GB&I
Duchess of Cornwall: The Delhi Durbar (I hope!)
Duchess of Cambridge: Lover's Knot
Princess Anne: Meander
Countess of Wessex: Aquamarine
Duchess of Sussex (if she goes): Queen Mary Bandeau
Princess Eugenie (if she goes)...MAYBE the Greville Emerald (her wedding tiara).

Honestly I'd love to see some of the wear something different that is sitting in the vaults. But I figure we will see the usual ones.

LaRae

For the state visit of the POTUS to the UK, my guesses are as follows:

> HM: GGB&I tiara and either Coronation necklace or three string collet collier

> Camilla: The "Uniform" including one of the two larger chokers (pink topaz or larger diamond choker), Greville tiara

> Catherine: Lovers Knot tiara with either the Queen Alexandra wedding necklace repeated again (from the Dutch state visit) or the Nizam of Hyderabad necklace

> Sophie: 5 aquamarine tiara

> Anne: Greek Meander

What i predict for the UK-US State Visit Banquet in June

H.M The Queen : Judging from the latest UK-US or US-UK State visits it will be one of Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara, Belgian Sapphire Tiara or the Grand Duchess Vladimir Tiara with Pearls.

H.R.H The Duchess of Cornwall : Greville Diamond Tiara or Cubitt-Shand Tiara. Probably with the regular pearls but i would love to see her bring out her Saudi Sapphires or Saudi Emeralds again.
Or why not her private Turquoise Necklace and Earrings ! They are lovely and more than grand enough for a State Visit Dinner.

H.R.H The Duchess of Cambridge : Lotus Tiara and the Chandelier Earrings she wore to the Chinese State Visit Banquet (would love to see the same red dress too).

H.R.H The Duchess of Sussex (IF she attends) : Queen Mary's Diamond Bandeau Tiara.

H.R.H The Countess of Wessex : Wessex Aquamarine Tiara.

H.R.H The Princess Royal : Greek Meander Tiara.

H.R.H The Duchess of Gloucester : Iveagh Tiara.

H.R.H Princess Michael of Kent : City of London Fringe Tiara.

Last edited:
What i predict for the UK-US State Visit Banquet in June

H.M The Queen : Judging from the latest UK-US or US-UK State visits it will be one of Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara, Belgian Sapphire Tiara or the Grand Duchess Vladimir Tiara with Pearls.

H.R.H The Duchess of Cornwall : Greville Diamond Tiara or Cubitt-Shand Tiara. Probably with the regular pearls but i would love to see her bring out her Saudi Sapphires or Saudi Emeralds again.
Or why not her private Turquoise Necklace and Earrings ! They are lovely and more than grand enough for a State Visit Dinner.

H.R.H The Duchess of Cambridge : Lotus Tiara and the Chandelier Earrings she wore to the Chinese State Visit Banquet (would love to see the same red dress too).

H.R.H The Duchess of Sussex (IF she attends) : Queen Mary's Diamond Bandeau Tiara.

H.R.H The Countess of Wessex : Wessex Aquamarine Tiara.

H.R.H The Princess Royal : Greek Meander Tiara.

H.R.H The Duchess of Gloucester : Iveagh Tiara.

H.R.H Princess Michael of Kent : City of London Fringe Tiara.

It would be great, albeit unlikely, if Camilla used her turquoise and diamond demi-parure for the state banquet, along with the Greville tiara.

I, too, believe the Queen will wear the Girls.
Of course Sophie will wear the 5 aquamarine; her wedding tiara is hideous!

But- I would like to see Kate wear the Oriental Circlet (the Queen never wears it any longer), and Camilla the Delhi Durbar or the Teck.

But I would prefer that neither wear red, because there's soooo much red in BP. Indigo for Kate and ivory for Camilla would be nice.

If Meghan goes, perhaps green?

I think the Queen will wear white or pale blue.

I, too, believe the Queen will wear the Girls.
Of course Sophie will wear the 5 aquamarine; her wedding tiara is hideous!

But- I would like to see Kate wear the Oriental Circlet (the Queen never wears it any longer), and Camilla the Delhi Durbar or the Teck.

But I would prefer that neither wear red, because there's soooo much red in BP. Indigo for Kate and ivory for Camilla would be nice.

If Meghan goes, perhaps green?

I think the Queen will wear white or pale blue.

> The Queen and Camilla usually only wear white / ivory at state banquets now

> Much as I would like to see Camilla wear the DD tiara again, I don't think she will. She appears to be very conscience that hers is a supporting role, and a change of tiara would mean a lot of the press coverage will end up being about her tiara rather than the Queen or the event per se.

> Kate will not be in the Oriental Circlet. It has been designated for use by Queen's only. I would love for her to wear the Nizam of Hyderabad necklace or perhaps, the Godman necklace.

> Sophie could wear the 5 aquamarine tiara, or the convertible aqua tiara / necklace

As Muriel correctly states the Oriental Circlet is reserved for the Queen [regnant or consort] to wear 'in right of it'. It was designated thus by Queen Victoria, when she left it to the Crown in her will and testament in 1901.

>
> Kate will not be in the Oriental Circlet. It has been designated for use by Queen's only. I would love for her to wear the Nizam of Hyderabad necklace or perhaps, the Godman necklace.

> Sophie could wear the 5 aquamarine tiara, or the convertible aqua tiara / necklace

Well, Kate is a future queen. :lol:
It's a shame to just have that tiara gathering dust while the Lover's Knot comes out again and again.

Does Sophie still have that convertible necklace? I thought that was a one-time loan from a jeweler?

It is not a matter she is the future Queen. She is the wife of the 2nd in line to the throne but Queen Victoria’s will was that the Circlet is to be worn by Queens (who have been crowned not one who will become Queen at some point in the future). It is the same as the La Buena in Spain. Did you see Letizia or Sofia wearing it when they were still Princess?

It's a shame to just have that tiara gathering dust while the Lover's Knot comes out again and again.

Does Sophie still have that convertible necklace? I thought that was a one-time loan from a jeweler?

That's the one Sophie has worn the most since 2015, I think she's only worn the Five Aquamarine once since again 2013.

Be that as it may, she will have to wait out 2 reigns before she can get the Oriental Circlet on!

She has worn the convertible necklace / tiara on a number of occasions since Prince Albert's enthronement in 2005, so I don't think it is a loan from a jeweller.

Now that Catherine has the sash, I wonder if that might impact her choice of jewellery and clothes for the upcoming state dinner for the POTUS? Will she, quite like the Queen and Camilla, wear an ivory or white gown to give the sash prominence? If so, will she wear neutral jewels (diamonds or pearls) or wear some sapphires to offset against the colours of the sash? if she does indeed wear sapphires, might this be the debut of the large sapphire and diamond choker previously used by Diana?

^ I was thinking the same.. now might be the time for that staggering Sapphire choker to re-appear...

^^^^^ The sapphire choker might not look good with the lovers knot though.

^^^^^ The sapphire choker might not look good with the lovers knot though.

Its all very personal, but to me what is there not to like in pearls, diamonds and sapphires! ?

Now that Catherine has the sash, I wonder if that might impact her choice of jewellery and clothes for the upcoming state dinner for the POTUS? Will she, quite like the Queen and Camilla, wear an ivory or white gown to give the sash prominence? If so, will she wear neutral jewels (diamonds or pearls) or wear some sapphires to offset against the colours of the sash? if she does indeed wear sapphires, might this be the debut of the large sapphire and diamond choker previously used by Diana?

She could also wear rubies with it. So far she has worn 2 ruby necklyces, the one she wore short after the W"edding and the v-shaped ruby-floral necklace from the Queen.

She could also wear rubies with it. So far she has worn 2 ruby necklyces, the one she wore short after the W"edding and the v-shaped ruby-floral necklace from the Queen.

That is correct. The Greville Ruby bandeau necklace will be a good one to wear. Perhaps might want to reuse the pink lace gown she used for the Spanish state banquet.

Catherine also has some major emeralds. Lots of possiblities

I'm hoping at one of these state visits we see Catherine wearing the blue gown she wore in India with some sapphires. I'm not holding my breath, but that gown would look amazing with some sapphire earrings, and would set off the sash from the new order nicely.

I'm hoping at one of these state visits we see Catherine wearing the blue gown she wore in India with some sapphires. I'm not holding my breath, but that gown would look amazing with some sapphire earrings, and would set off the sash from the new order nicely.

Indeed. She could wear the sapphire and diamond fringe earrings from the Queen Mother that she previously wore to a charity event in London.

Indeed. She could wear the sapphire and diamond fringe earrings from the Queen Mother that she previously wore to a charity event in London.

Exactly! The Lover's Knot would go very nicely with all that, but she'd have to forgo the sapphire choker, which would be a shame. Although when we are talking about jewels at this level, can there every really be too much? ;)

I would love to see Catherine..or ANYONE wear a tiara we have not seen in ages like The QM Bandeau ...unseen for 40/50 years.

Or something one of the ladies has not worn before in the Queen's collection assuming it's not one reserved for the Queen.

LaRae

She could also wear the large Sapphire and Diamond Pendant as a brooch to hold the sash, the way Diana did at the Dutch State visit in 1982 when she strangely recived a dutch order. Diana also wore the Lover's Knot, the Japanese 4 row Pearl Choker and her Collingwood pearls to that occassion iirc...

I am dying to see her wear that. If she wears it, I may pass out from happiness!!

Absolutely!! That would be stunning!

Exactly! The Lover's Knot would go very nicely with all that, but she'd have to forgo the sapphire choker, which would be a shame. Although when we are talking about jewels at this level, can there every really be too much? ;)

I say, "bling" it on. I wish for the days of Queen Mary like jewels, but sadly those days are probably over forever.

Last edited by a moderator:
She could also wear the large Sapphire and Diamond Pendant as a brooch to hold the sash, the way Diana did at the Dutch State visit in 1982 when she strangely recived a dutch order. Diana also wore the Lover's Knot, the Japanese 4 row Pearl Choker and her Collingwood pearls to that occassion iirc...

Good idea. By removing the central element from the choker and restoring it to its original use as a brooch, Catherine will be making it her own, and escaping the usual Diana comparisons. However, I am not quite sure it will be the brooch to use with the deep blue of the sash. Perhaps as a devant de corsage?

Good idea. By removing the central element from the choker and restoring it to its original use as a brooch, Catherine will be making it her own, and escaping the usual Diana comparisons. However, I am not quite sure it will be the brooch to use with the deep blue of the sash. Perhaps as a devant de corsage?

I think you are right. A Diamond or Pearl brooch may be choosed instead. Camilla usually prefers small diamond brooches to hold the sash on her shoulder or slightly on the back of her shoulder so we barely see them... Princess Marie Louise's Diamond Sunburst Brooch may perhaps be an option for Kate. It is not a part of QE II's Brooch rotation. The last one to wear it was QEQM.

But The Queen has worn Sapphire and Diamond brooches to blue dresse's many times so "blue on blue" may work if it's coordinated correctly with everything else.

I think it would be a tragedy if the Sapphire and Pearl choker is broken up..it is one of the pieces most associated with the late Princess, and the only one that she herself caused to be created...

I think it would be a tragedy if the Sapphire and Pearl choker is broken up..it is one of the pieces most associated with the late Princess, and the only one that she herself caused to be created...

I don't think it has been broken up but it's convertible and can be worn as both a brooch and as a part of the choker. Same with Camilla's pink topaz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom