Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 5: 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On March 5 the Queen will host a reception at Buckingham Palace to mark the 50th Anniversary of the Investiture of The Prince of Wales. In attendance? Charles, Camilla, Harry, Meghan, Kate, William and Princess Anne. Expect white tie!

Since it is going to be a white tie event, expect the blings aka tiaras

I assume we're going to see the usual tiara choices for the ladies involved
  • The Queen - Girls of Great Britain
  • Camilla- Honeycomb Tiara
  • Kate- Cambridge Lover's Knot
  • Meghan- Queen Mary's Art Deco Bandeau
  • Anne- Princess Andrew's Meander Tiara

On March 5 the Queen will host a reception at Buckingham Palace to mark the 50th Anniversary of the Investiture of The Prince of Wales. In attendance? Charles, Camilla, Harry, Meghan, Kate, William and Princess Anne. Expect white tie!

Apparently it is in the late morning so no white tie and also nio black tie.

Typically, the BRF tend to only do tiaras at events of state, or the CHOGM. This is neither., so unlikely to be a tiara event.

Its also not my favourite but after all her "Floral" appearances Im happy to something different! I also would like to see the Prussian at some point (also not a favourite)

Much as I would like to see one of the larger pearl and diamond tiara's, I suspect we will see the Floral tiara in Spain today for the state banquet.

I assume we're going to see the usual tiara choices for the ladies involved
  • The Queen - Girls of Great Britain
  • Camilla- Honeycomb Tiara
  • Kate- Cambridge Lover's Knot
  • Meghan- Queen Mary's Art Deco Bandeau
  • Anne- Princess Andrew's Meander Tiara

I believe it is going to be a lunch reception, so most likely business suit, maybe morning dress if the Queen wants to go more formal.

Four state visits this month and, by all reports, not one of them will have tiaras:sad:.

Four state visits this month and, by all reports, not one of them will have tiaras:sad:.

The Problem is that more and more Republics specially those in South America and in Asia don't host proper State Banquets anmore but instead a State lunch. And most of the Republics who still hoist State Banquets have the dress code as black tie so some royals wear tiaras some don't .

The Problem is that more and more Republics specially those in South America and in Asia don't host proper State Banquets anmore but instead a State lunch. And most of the Republics who still hoist State Banquets have the dress code as black tie so some royals wear tiaras some don't .

And some republics even offer State Banquets with short dress, see the Spanish, the Dutch banquets at the Palais de l'Élysée in Paris. Leading to the remarkable situation that a sports or film awards show has a higher dresscode than an evenement of state...

Queen Letizia:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e3/a7/c1/e3a7c159e20b4efaf7452441fd3398fc.jpg

Queen Máxima:
https://www.agefotostock.com/previe...c080be09b7353273042c58123d97/pah-66595758.jpg

There's a Spanish State Visit to Argentina at the end of the month there won't be any tiaras and if we're lucky we might get a change of earring from lackluster Letizia.

Last edited:
But this is Princess Laurentien on the photo?

Máxima has never worn this tiara. Neither as Princess or as Queen. It is one of the tiara whioch are seldom seen.

To prevent a fragmentation of the royal patrimonium due to inheritances, Queen Juliana has created several House Foundations and House Trusts in the 1960's and 1970's. All properties which were considered "subservient to a proper execution of the royal dignity" were transferred from private ownership into the ownership of a legal entity (a Foundation or a Trust).

The four daughters of Queen Juliana still got plenty of private properties from their parents (as the recent sale of Rubens' drawings by Princess Christina made clear) but important items like grand heirloom jewels were placed into a Foundation.

The King manages most of these foundations. So when you see Queen Máxima with the Stuart, she is not wearing her private property but a property of the House Orange-Nassau. Would such a House Foundation be dissolved, the normal inheritance rules apply on the properties which have to be divided amongst the descendants of Queen Juliana. By insight we may be grateful to Queen Juliana's wise decision to keep the vast collections together for future generations, at the cost of her daughters' private fortunes.

Last edited:
There will be a state visit from Cape Verde to Luxembourg in May. Here are my guesses:

Maria Teresa: choker tiara
Alexandra: small floral tiara
Stephanie: butterfly tiara

Last edited:
A Swedish State visit to Ireland on 22-24 May. We might get two tiara appearances From Queen Silvia during the visit.

But I would bet on the Connaught tiara and Bernadotte emeralds.

:previous: So that means the Dutch state visit to Ireland in June may also be a tiara event. Also, during the British state visit to Ireland in 2014, Queen Elizabeth wore a tiara.

:previous: So that means the Dutch state visit to Ireland in June may also be a tiara event. Also, during the British state visit to Ireland in 2014, Queen Elizabeth wore a tiara.

I am confident the queens of Sweden and the Netherlands will also wear tiaras on their state visits to Ireland.

A Swedish State visit to Ireland on 22-24 May. We might get two tiara appearances From Queen Silvia during the visit.

But I would bet on the Connaught tiara and Bernadotte emeralds.

Given its name the Connaught Tiara would be an appropriate choice ;)

Given its name the Connaught Tiara would be an appropriate choice ;)

In Sweden it is actually known as "Princess Sibyllas Diadem" and that's also what the Royal family call it.

Not historically correct ofcourse (even if it was the tiara Princess Sibylla wore to the large majority of her tiara occassions) as it was a wedding gift from The Duke and Duchess of Connaught and Strathearn to their daughter Margaret upon her wedding to the swedish Prince Gustaf Adolf in 1905.
But the name "Connaught Tiara" is strangely not used at all here in Sweden, not even by the royal family.

But i also think the Connaught Diamond Tiara or perhaps the Edward VII Ruby Tiara (in Sweden called Crown Princess Margareta's Ruby Diadem) is the most likely choice. Or maybe both if there will be 2 tiara occassions during the state visit.

Last edited:
But the name "Connaught Tiara" is strangely not used at all here in Sweden, not even by the royal family.

Worth noting here is that most of the names of the Swedish tiaras used by us on social media are quite recent English language inventions made by the big jewellery blogs such as Artemisia (I miss you!), Order of Splendour (Please come back!) and The Court Jeweller and have never been names used by the Court or the family itself.

On April 29, there will be a gala event for princess Benedikte's birthday. Although I am not sure if it will be a tiara event.

In June there will be a US state visit to the UK. I assume the usual royal women will attend. Meghan will probably not participate due to her maternity leave.

On April 29, there will be a gala event for princess Benedikte's birthday. Although I am not sure if it will be a tiara event.

Hosted by QMII is almost a guarantee for bling ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom