Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 4: 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually ended the prediction by saying that the Sapphire or the Wurttemberg would still be more likely than the Stuart. But who is counting? :hiding:.

With big events I meant the kind of events where there is lots of foreign royalty with tiaras and such. A rarity here in the Netherlands - as opposed to Scandinavia.

The first monarchy (apart from Jordan) that will perhaps visit the Netherlands will likely be either the King of Spain or the Queen of Denmark. I don't expect that the present emperor of Japan will visit Europe / The Netherlands again for a SV.

A SV from Queen Margrethe II -IF it ever happens- would be a nice occassion to show the entire tiara. HM's godmother is certainly somebody who can appreciate it.

For the Dutch King perhaps a visit to Sweden is a likely thing these next years or perhaps a visit to a monarchy in the Middle East.

Last edited:
My guesses/wishes:
Queen Margrethe - The Pearl Poire Tiara
Crown Princess Mary - The Rubies
Princess Marie - Diamond Floral Tiara
Princess Benedikte - The Fringe Tiara
Queen Anne-Marie - The Emeralds
Princess Elizabeth - The Sapphire Tiara
Queen Silvia - Nine Prong Tiara
Crown Princess Victoria - The Baden Fringe Tiara

Maybe it is time to complete the guesses for tomorrow...
Queen Maxima - Mellerio Ruby Tiara
Queen Mathilde - Nine Province Tiara, only the base
Grand Duchess Maria Teresa - Chaumet Emerald Tiara

More guesses for the birthday gala

Mathilde: wolfers tiara
Maria Teresa: large floral tiara
Stephanie: butterfly tiara
Maxima: antique pearl tiara

I wonder if Crown Princess Marie Chantal will wear her Fringe Tiara or the Queen Sophia’s Diamond Tiara?

I wonder if Crown Princess Marie Chantal will wear her Fringe Tiara or the Queen Sophia’s Diamond Tiara?

If Princess Maria Olympia attend's it would expect her to wear the fringe tiara because it is said that it was a gift to her, That leaves the question what maire Chantal then wears. Either she wears Queens Sophie's diamond tiara or Queen Anne-Marie loans her one of her tiaras.

I think that MC will wear the big diamond tiara again, if MO gives her tiara debut today. But have Theodora and Tatiana been seen in Denmark already? Because, if they don't attend, Mario Olympia could also wear the antique corsage tiara.

Another big question is: will Nathalie and Alexandra Berleburg attend, and if yes, what will they wear? The Berleburg star tiara and the floral tiara are currently exhibited. Would it be possible to take the jewels out of the exhibition for one night? Or does that mean, that they won't attend? Or that we won't see any tiaras after all?

I think that MC will wear the big diamond tiara again, if MO gives her tiara debut today. But have Theodora and Tatiana been seen in Denmark already? Because, if they don't attend, Mario Olympia could also wear the antique corsage tiara.

Another big question is: will Nathalie and Alexandra Berleburg attend, and if yes, what will they wear? The Berleburg star tiara and the floral tiara are currently exhibited. Would it be possible to take the jewels out of the exhibition for one night? Or does that mean, that they won't attend? Or that we won't see any tiaras after all?

As for Alexandra perhaps her new partner's Family has a tiara which she could borrow.

I am sure tiaras can be retrieved for one evening from the exhibition.

My guesses for upcoming events

Swedish dinner

Silvia: nine prong tiara
Victoria: Lilian's tiara
Sofia: wedding tiara

Luxembourg national day gala:

Maria Teresa: scroll tiara
Stephanie: butterfly tiara
Claire: sapphire tiara
Alexandra: small floral tiara

For the Official dinner in Sweden this week:

Queen Silvia - Nine Prong
Crown Princess Victoria - Large Cut Steel Tiara
Princess Sofia - Four Button Tiara

There will be a state visit from Slovakia to Norway in few days. Here are my guesses

Sonja: pearl tiara
Mette Marit: amethyst tiara

We seem to be in full tiara season, which is great! So another tiara event next week is coming up.
My guess:
Sonja: Queen Josephine's diamond tiara
Mette-Marit: the daisy bandeau (... again and again and again...), but I wish she would give the vifte tiara another chance.

There will be a state visit from Slovakia to Norway in few days. Here are my guesses

Sonja: pearl tiara
Mette Marit: amethyst tiara
Congratulations, you got it right! :flowers: The Queen wore the large version of the pearl tiara and Mette-Marit wore the amethyst tiara.

There will be a state visit from Australia to Belgium this month. I predict Mathilde will wear the wolfers tiara.

I think that Mathilde will wear the base of the nine provinces tiara for the Australian State Visit. And I do hope that Astrid and Claire will attend as well, though I doubt they will.

I think that Mathilde will wear the base of the nine provinces tiara for the Australian State Visit. And I do hope that Astrid and Claire will attend as well, though I doubt they will.

If Princess Astrid attends, will she wear the Art Deco diamond bandeau again, thus confirming her mother gave it to her ? Or will she wear her traditional Savoy-Aosta tiara ?

There will be a state visit from Australia to Belgium this month. I predict Mathilde will wear the wolfers tiara.

Is Belgium hosting the Prime Minister or the Governor General? I would have thought that, if the former, it would be an official visit as the Prime Minister is not the Head of State. HM The Queen is our HoS with the GGen as her representative.

Is Belgium hosting the Prime Minister or the Governor General? I would have thought that, if the former, it would be an official visit as the Prime Minister is not the Head of State. HM The Queen is our HoS with the GGen as her representative.

I would expect the State Visit to be hosting Malcolm Turnbull with the GG being part of the delegation. Seems weird if it's only GG Cosgrove

I would expect the State Visit to be hosting Malcolm Turnbull with the GG being part of the delegation. Seems weird if it's only GG Cosgrove

It will be GG Cosgrove.

In commonwealth countries that is how it is handled. The GG is the acting head of state, as the queen's representative. It is only considered a state visit, when the head of state is making the trip. We see this with Canada, like the state visit to Sweden was made by our GG not the Prime minister. If the Prime minister goes as well, he would be the one who is 'part of the delegation' and not head of it.

If the PM of the country makes the trip it would be considered an 'official visit'. The term state is only used when it is heads of state making the trip.

Belgium is hosting the GG and his wife. It would be termed an 'official visit' if the PM.

If Princess Astrid attends, will she wear the Art Deco diamond bandeau again, thus confirming her mother gave it to her ? Or will she wear her traditional Savoy-Aosta tiara ?

Even if she wears it, doesn't mean she has 'given it to Astrid'. She may just loan it to her daughter.

I love how in most countries the thought of tiaras leaving the main line seems to be out of the question, and worrisome. But in Belgium people seem anxious for one of the rare tiaras they have, to be given away.

Last edited:
There already is a thread for the Australian State Visit: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...-to-belgium-27-30-june-45014.html#post2123277
So this thread should be left to the jewels guessing.

I agree that a repeat of the art deco tiara by Astrid is not a confirmation of a gift. It might just mean that she borrowed it for the second time. Personally, I think that she will wear it again, but not already at the next event. So my guess is that she will wear the Aosta tiara next time.

Last edited:
Queen Mathilde i believe she will wear the base of nine provinces tiara.
I hope Princess Claire attend.
Princess Astrid not because she will be an economic mission to Argentina and Uruguay from 23-30 June. The visit from Australia it will be 27-30 June.

Last edited:
It will be GG Cosgrove.

In commonwealth countries that is how it is handled. The GG is the acting head of state, as the queen's representative. It is only considered a state visit, when the head of state is making the trip. We see this with Canada, like the state visit to Sweden was made by our GG not the Prime minister. If the Prime minister goes as well, he would be the one who is 'part of the delegation' and not head of it.

If the PM of the country makes the trip it would be considered an 'official visit'. The term state is only used when it is heads of state making the trip.

Belgium is hosting the GG and his wife. It would be termed an 'official visit' if the PM.

Even if she wears it, doesn't mean she has 'given it to Astrid'. She may just loan it to her daughter.

I love how in most countries the thought of tiaras leaving the main line seems to be out of the question, and worrisome. But in Belgium people seem anxious for one of the rare tiaras they have, to be given away.

Princess Astrid already has a family tiara to wear on special occasions (the Savoy-Aosta tiara), so there is no need for her to borrow a tiara from her mother. So far, she has only worn the deco tiara once (at the state banquet for the German president). If she wears it again during the Australian state visit and repeatedly thereafter, I believe it will be a strong indication that Queen Paola has in fact given the tiara to her daughter.

EDIT: Based on Eya's post above, it is confirmed that Princess Astrid will be in Argentina on the dates of the state visit, so no tiara appearance for her this time. I doubt Princess Claire will attend, but, if she does, she will probably wear her pearl and diamond tiara. It looks like she has retired her other small wedding tiara.

Last edited:
On Saturday will be Nationalday in Luxemburg the whole royal family will attend. My Tiara Guess

MT. belgian scroll/Vine Leaves.
Stephanie. Amethyst/ Sapphire Tiara
Claire Ruby Parure
Alexandra Pearl Chaumet Necklace Tiara

For Belgian State visit.
Mathilde 9 Province just the base

I'm delighted that Claire and Alexandra will attend as well, they didn't for the past two years.

My guess for tonight:
Maria Theresa - vine leaves tiara
Stephanie - citrine bandeau
Claire - small floral tiara
Alexandra - sapphire laurel bandeau

My guesses/wishlist for National Day gala:
Maria Teresa: Grand Duchess Adélaïde
Stephanie: Belgian scroll or Diamond vines
Claire: Chaumet choker with pearls
Alexandra: Aquamarine bandeau

My fears:
Maria Teresa: Belgian scroll