Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 3: 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harald Sonja will have a birthday gala in May. I can't wait to see if there will be any tiaras at the event. Hopefully it will be more impressive than King Carl Gustav's 70th birthday.

I read somewhere that up to 60 royal guests were expected....though its only rumour but hopefully there will be plenty of people in attendance and plenty of tiaras on show.

I think our next Tiara event is the State visit from Iceland to Denmark January 24th-26th- What i guess we will see.

Q.Margrethe- Floral Aigrette Tiara
P.Mary- Wedding Tiara
P.Marie Wedding Tiara

There is also a state visit from Arentinia to Spain end of February- I think its a bit to early to talk about.

My guesses for the state visit from Iceland:

Margrethe: Floral tiara
Mary: New tiara
Marie: Wedding tiara

If there will be a tiara event for the Argentina state visit to Spain, I predict Letizia will wear the floral tiara.

If there will be a tiara event for the Argentina state visit to Spain, I predict Letizia will wear the floral tiara.

I think HM will wear the Turquoise bandeau or the Baden Palmette for the Icelandic state visit

Last edited:
I think HM will wear the Turquoise bandeau for the Icelandic state visit
I think HM will wear one of her bigger tiaras for the president of Iceland. The turqiose bandeau has been worn for some not so important Presidents but due to the scandinavian connection i don't think it well be used. No Idea what she wore for the last incoming State Visit from iceland as that must have been in the 90's.

Last edited:

Yes I agree it will be the floral tiara as Letizia can be very predictable ,but it does suit her delicate frame very well.

I would make the exactly same guess!

I think HM will wear one of her bigger tiaras for the president of Iceland. The turqiose bandeau has been worn for some not so important Presidents but due to the scandinavian connection i don't think it well be used. No Idea what she wore for the last incoming State Visit from iceland as that must have been in the 90's.

The relations and connections between the countries are indeed special, as is shown by the Icelandic President paying his first state visit (as tradition) to Denmark. I think this means she will opt for one of her bigger tiaras.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I agree it will be the floral tiara as Letizia can be very predictable ,but it does suit her delicate frame very well.

I always hope she will surpise us and wear something different. The mellerio shell tiara also loked great on her the one time she wore it.

The Iceland visit:
Margrethe: the Baden palmette
Mary: her new tiara
Marie: the lily tiara
aaaaannnd I really hope the Benedicte will attend: the pearl and stars tiara

Argentina to Spain: Didn't Letizia wear tiaras to all incoming SVs so far? As it's a banquet in Spain I expect to see a tiara. The floral, of course. To bet on something else will almost surely make you loose your bet. Mind you, I'd like to loose if we'll see something else instead.

The Iceland visit:
Margrethe: the Baden palmette
Mary: her new tiara
Marie: the lily tiara
aaaaannnd I really hope the Benedicte will attend: the pearl and stars tiara

Argentina to Spain: Didn't Letizia wear tiaras to all incoming SVs so far? As it's a banquet in Spain I expect to see a tiara. The floral, of course. To bet on something else will almost surely make you loose your bet. Mind you, I'd like to loose if we'll see something else instead.

Yes you are right Letizia always wore a Tiara for the last incoming SV (Chile, columbia, peru) and always the Floral Tiara. I really love the floral Tiara but i agree, i would like to see a different Tiara, i guess its not the Cartier Pearl Diamond, but maybe the mellerio shell or her own Fleur de lys..

I always hope she will surpise us and wear something different. The mellerio shell tiara also loked great on her the one time she wore it.

I agree with you, the Mellerio Shell would be great, imo the mellerio shell and her own Fleur de lys Tiara are the most likely choice behind the Floral Tiara, but i guess its again the Floral.

The relations and connections between the countries are indeed special, as is shown by the Icelandic President paying his first state visit (as tradition) to Denmark. I think this means she will opt for one of her bigger tiaras.

I agree with you, it would be nice too see one of her bigger Tiaras.. Maybe its the Nassut Tiara she wore just once::

I accept the close relations between Iceland and Denmark, however, my sense is that if the incoming country is not a monarchy, QM tends to use one of her smaller tiaras.

I accept the close relations between Iceland and Denmark, however, my sense is that if the incoming country is not a monarchy, QM tends to use one of her smaller tiaras.

Well she often does, but when the Finnish President visited Denmark a couple of years ago she wore the Floral tiara as well. I think the choice of tiara depends on whether it is a monarchy or republic, but also on the relations between the countries.

Queen Margrethe wears the turquoise bandeau rarely, and hardly ever at incoming State Visits. According to my count, that happened only twice, at the visits from Indonesia in 2015 and China in 2012. Since these two wearings happened in the last few years, that could be a sign that she will wear them at more incoming visits in the future. So who knows?

There will be a state visit from Canada to Sweden in February. Here are my guesses if there will be a tiara event:

Silvia: Connaught tiara
Victoria: Baden Fringe
Madeleine: Wedding tiara
Sofia: Wedding tiara

My guess for the state visit from Canada to Sweden

Q.Silvia- 9 Prong Tiara
CP.Victoria- Baden Fringe
P.Sofia- 4 Button Tiara
P.Madeleine- Modern Fringe ( I dont think she will attend)

Madeleine hasn't attended at the state visits lately, but Canadian state visit begins on Leonore's birthday and ends on Estelle's birthday. So maybe Madeleine and family are in Sweden to celebrate the birthdays and she will attend at the state visit.

I think there is a good chance Madeleine will attend. I think it highly likely they will be in Sweden for the girls' birthdays. Possibly even extend it a bit for the first birthday of Oscar

Silvia one of her bigger there's like the nine prongs
Victoria the cut steel or Baden
Sofia the four button
Madeleine the modern fringe

Madeleine hasn't attended at the state visits lately, but Canadian state visit begins on Leonore's birthday and ends on Estelle's birthday. So maybe Madeleine and family are in Sweden to celebrate the birthdays and she will attend at the state visit.

yes, the last one she attended was the Finnish Official Visit in January 2009. So I would love to see her attend again. I suppose it's too "small" of a visit to hope for the Aquamarine Kokoshnik, so I would like to see her in the 6-Button Tiara (only because I admit to being slightly tired of the Modern Fringe).

But it would just be lovely to see her.

I imagine Sofia will wear her Emerald Tiara, which I won't be so bothered by since we got two different tiaras for the Nobels.

Of course there is a chance she will fly to sweden to celebrate the birthday of Estelle and Leonore but for me it seems she is not so interested in Gala Events.. On the other hand she also attend the Representative dinner in February 2015..I really hope she will attend, we will see.

yes, the last one she attended was the Finnish Official Visit in January 2009. So I would love to see her attend again. I suppose it's too "small" of a visit to hope for the Aquamarine Kokoshnik, so I would like to see her in the 6-Button Tiara (only because I admit to being slightly tired of the Modern Fringe).

But it would just be lovely to see her.

Actually, Madeleine attended at the welcome event of the state visit of the president of Turkey on 11th March 2013 (she was in Sweden due to princess Lilian's death and funeral), but she didn't attend at other events.
https://beta.tt.se/media/image/sdlsz208512_WatermarkPreview.jpg

There will be a state visit from Canada to Sweden in February. Here are my guesses if there will be a tiara event:

Silvia: Connaught tiara
Victoria: Baden Fringe
Madeleine: Wedding tiara
Sofia: Wedding tiara

Excuse my ignorance, but what does a "state visit from Canada" mean exactly ? Does it mean that the Governor General of Canada is visiting Sweden ?

Excuse my ignorance, but what does a "state visit from Canada" mean exactly ? Does it mean that the Governor General of Canada is visiting Sweden ?

Yes that is exactly what it means. Governor David General Johnston will pay the state visit.

My guesses:
Silvia - Connaught or Nine Prong
Victoria - Baden Fringe
Sofia - Emerald Wedding Tiara
Madeleine - I don't think she will attend

Actually, Madeleine attended at the welcome event of the state visit of the president of Turkey on 11th March 2013 (she was in Sweden due to princess Lilian's death and funeral), but she didn't attend at other events.
https://beta.tt.se/media/image/sdlsz208512_WatermarkPreview.jpg

well since we are clearly talking about tiara events, obviously I didn't include that. My point remains, she's not attended one since 2009 so it would nice to see her again.

My guess is that Madeleine won't attend, but if she does, it will be the modern fringe for her.

My other guesses
Silvia: the Connaught
Victoria: large cut steel
Sofia: her emerald tiara

Tiaras in denmark.

Q. Margrethe Nassut Tiara
CP. Mary her new Necklcae Tiara
P. Marie Wedding Tiara

Tiaras in denmark.

Q. Margrethe Nassut Tiara
CP. Mary her new Necklcae Tiara
P. Marie Wedding Tiara

I don't know what to think of the Nassut, but then again, I've never been a fan of gold tiaras.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom