The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2022, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the Tiara and Jewels Guessing Thread for 2022.

The previous thread can be found here.
Old 01-03-2022, 06:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events: 2022

There will be a Belgian state visit to Greece in April. If there will be a tiara event I predict Mathilde will wear the Wolfers tiara.
Old 01-03-2022, 07:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
There will be a Belgian state visit to Greece in April. If there will be a tiara event I predict Mathilde will wear the Wolfers tiara.
I think Mathilde's laurel wreath diadem is the most likely contender: laurel wreath = ancient Greece.
Old 01-04-2022, 06:55 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
I think Mathilde's laurel wreath diadem is the most likely contender: laurel wreath = ancient Greece.
Good thinking, but the meander base of the 9 provinces would be another option with the same reasoning: meandern patter = Greek key pattern.
Old 01-04-2022, 08:45 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Good thinking, but the meander base of the 9 provinces would be another option with the same reasoning: meandern patter = Greek key pattern.

I think it depends also on the dress code. Thinks it fariy low in Greece hopefully it will be at last black tie. Could also see her wearing the Wolfers tiara.

Old 01-04-2022, 11:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

I see the case for the Laurel Wreath or the base of the Nine Provinces with its Greek design themes, or the Wolfers as it may be a black tie event. As the Belgian tiara collection is so small, each of the choices has a 33% chance of being correct!
Old 02-07-2022, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator

It has been announced that the postponed Diplomatic reception will take place on 02. March at Windsor. It is hoped that HM can attend.
My guesses are
Queen Elizabeth II. : Girls of Great Britain and Ireland tiara, no Idea about necklaces
Duchess of Cornwall: the boucheron honeycomb tiara and probably one of her pearl chokers
Duchess of Cambridge: Queen Mary's LoversKnot tiara

Old 02-07-2022, 02:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
It has been announced that the postponed Diplomatic reception will take place on 02. March at Windsor. It is hoped that HM can attend.
My guesses are
Queen Elizabeth II. : Girls of Great Britain and Ireland tiara, no Idea about necklaces
Duchess of Cornwall: the boucheron honeycomb tiara and probably one of her pearl chokers
I do hope (but doubt!) Camilla will pull out QEQM's collet necklace she first publicly wore at her 60th birthday in 2007, and last wore publicly in Brunei in 2008.

Would love to see Catherine wear the Nizam of Hyderabad necklace again.
Old 02-07-2022, 02:47 PM
Super Moderator

Let's hope that we will get to see some pictures from this event. But I agree with your guess, Stefan. The Queen with her favorite girls tiara and Camilla and Kate with her standard tiaras.

Tough it would be lovely if Camilla were given access to a second tiara, just to celebrate the decision about her future title. It seems that she has access to the Teck crescent tiara. But since she's never worn it, it's probably not to her liking. Let's dig out something else for her!
Old 02-07-2022, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I do hope (but doubt!) Camilla will pull out QEQM's collet necklace she first publicly wore at her 60th birthday in 2007, and last wore publicly in Brunei in 2008.

Would love to see Catherine wear the Nizam of Hyderabad necklace again.

Anything different then the pearl Chokers for Camilla. Please, they are good for daywear but in the evening i want to see something different.
For Catherine it would also belovely to see her again in Queen Alexandra's Wedding necklace or the greville ruby bandeau necklace.

Old 02-07-2022, 04:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

My guesses for the diplomatic reception:

Queen Elizabeth II: Girls of Great Britain tiara

Camilla: Honeycomb tiara

Kate: Lovers Knot tiara
Old 02-08-2022, 02:51 AM
Royal Highness

I don't think there will be big surprises regarding the tiaras (which I wish I am wrong!).

Random guess,
The Queen: GGBI with the three strands diamond necklace from her father and QM's cluster earrings, or the Vlad (emerald) with QV's diamond studs and Delhi Durbar necklace
DoC: The Greville with her usual pearl earrings and choker (I WISH not, this shall be the perfect timing for Camilla to debut something new. A new [to her] tiara from the vault would be great but as mentioned I'm not going to hold such extravagant hope. Maybe the Godman or Greville Emerald necklace? with Flower Earrings from QEQM? or some long-time-unseen brooches? Basically if she debuts anything new, or at least shows up with Marie Louise's brooch again I'd be satisfied. )
DoCam: QMLK with the earrings from Diana and QA's pearl necklace (I'm still hoping she will use her wedding tiara again though, even though I don't think she will pick something smaller. I always think the Halo will look great with the Nizam of Hyderabad necklace AND a better updo.)
Old 02-08-2022, 04:17 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
My guesses are
Looking forward to this as it was always a favourite of mine.
Old 02-08-2022, 06:41 AM
Aristocracy

Alas, I read yesterday (and can't find the reference again) that it won't be a tiara event - cocktail dresses and suits.

Understandable that the Queen might not feel up to the full evening dress and tiara (much as she's stopped wearing evening dress and regalia for the Opening of Parliament),

I hope I'm wrong.
Old 02-08-2022, 07:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by winifred View Post
Alas, I read yesterday (and can't find the reference again) that it won't be a tiara event - cocktail dresses and suits.

Understandable that the Queen might not feel up to the full evening dress and tiara (much as she's stopped wearing evening dress and regalia for the Opening of Parliament),

I hope I'm wrong.
I do hope you are wrong.

If I am no0t mistaken, the Queen has only not worn formal gowns for the state opening of PArliament either due to the pandemic, or in years where the state opening followed a snap election and there wasn't enough time to organise the full ceremonial. That said, in recent years, she has not worn the Imperial State Crown and instead worn the George IV diadem.
Old 03-05-2022, 01:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Tiaras in Sweden, an official dinner is held at the Royal Palace in Stockholm on 6th April.
Kalender - Sveriges Kungahus
Old 03-05-2022, 01:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Tiaras in Sweden, an official dinner is held at the Royal Palace in Stockholm on 6th April.
Kalender - Sveriges Kungahus
My predictions:

Silvia: Connaught tiara

Victoria: Lilian's Laurel Wreath tiara

Sofia: Wedding tiara
Old 03-05-2022, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I really wish Princess Sofia wears a different tiara!
Old 03-06-2022, 02:58 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I really wish Princess Sofia wears a different tiara!

Me too. And it's not that she doesn't have access to some of the tiaras from the Family foundation.

Old 03-06-2022, 07:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Me too. And it's not that she doesn't have access to some of the tiaras from the Family foundation.
Once Svenska Dagbladet reported that Prince Carl Philip of "has agreed to let the Galliera inheritance, which consists of an exquisite art collection and a financial fund, pass to his sister Crown Princess Victoria, although the Prince would be the legal inheritor according to the terms laid down by Emperor Napoléon I of the French."

What Galliera possessions remain in the hands of the Swedish royal family, include: "some sixty Italian works," as well as "jewels of the Swedish royal collection." The trust fund that accompanies this inheritance "was worth millions already at the time of the death of King Gustaf VI Adolf in 1973"

So -in exchange- we may expect the future Queen giving her brother a more than generous access to the collection indeed, as he was so graciously beneficial towards her
Closed Thread