Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events 1: Oct 2009 - Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll sit in front of the tv taking bad photos with my crappy iPhone lol

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
You are a treasure! I'll hold you to that :flowers:.
Maybe I should ask you to watch on the computer screen and use the print button. In the end that's easier and of better quality.

Gosh... I'm really demanding when it comes to tiaras. Completely obsessed:bang::lol:.

You got to hand it to the Queen for trying to add a little glitter to this otherwise unimpressive event despite the dress code....I guess her using the Cameos tonight means she'll use the sapphires next week for the first evening of the nobel events

The Dutch visit will have 2 tiara events? If so here are my guesses again (in no specific order) :

The dates at the 17th-19th and if we can judge by the Swedish State Visit in 2007, there is a possibility of three tiara events. But nothing's confirmed yet.

You got to hand it to the Queen for trying to add a little glitter to this otherwise unimpressive event despite the dress code....I guess her using the Cameos tonight means she'll use the sapphires next week for the first evening of the nobel events

Very likely as in the last years she has worn either the sapphires or the ine prionge tiara to the Nobels. don't think she will wear the Connaught tiara as she has worn it last week. I still hope she will once wear the ruby tiara for Nobel and pair it with the scarab necklace.

I hope Silvia will wear the sapphire tiara at the Nobel Prizes. I also hope Victoria will not wear the button tiaras. She wore at the 2 tiaras at the past 2 Nobel events she attended. I assume the reason why Victoria always wear the button tiaras and the two cut steel tiaras is because they are more lighter and comfortable to wear compared the Baden Fringe and amethyst tiaras.

You are a treasure! I'll hold you to that :flowers:.
Maybe I should ask you to watch on the computer screen and use the print button. In the end that's easier and of better quality.

Gosh... I'm really demanding when it comes to tiaras. Completely obsessed:bang::lol:.

I would if I knew what and where the print button was?!
In the words of my dear and departed grandfather "A lady can never be to demanding"... after 59 years with my grandmother I guess he knew what he was talking about ;)

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

The Dutch visit will have 2 tiara events? If so here are my guesses again (in no specific order) :

Maxima: Rose Cut tiara and Mellerio Ruby tiara
Margrethe: Pearl Poire tiara and Floral tiara
Mary: Ruby tiara and wedding tiara
Marie: Wedding tiara and Flora Danica tiara

I don't know if the Dutch / Danish visit will have 1 or 2 tiara events, but would it not be nice for Max to get the "House Diamonds" necklace out finally? If I am not mistaken, it has not been seen since the 1970s.

The Swedisch Royals still seem to like tiara events. So I think that the King's 70th birthday will have a big gala with tiaras. That should be another opportunity for Queen Silvia to wear the Branganza tiara :).

I predict Silvia will wear the Braganza tiara at the King's birthday. Maybe that will be the next time she will wear the tiara. However, I would also love she she wore the Cameo tiara.

At the same event, I hope Madeleine will wear the Connaught tiara.

Very likely as in the last years she has worn either the sapphires or the ine prionge tiara to the Nobels. don't think she will wear the Connaught tiara as she has worn it last week. I still hope she will once wear the ruby tiara for Nobel and pair it with the scarab necklace.

I agree with you Stefan. Crown Princess Margareta's ruby tiara and the scarab necklase would be very interesting to see tonight. I thought it would have matched the red gown she had last year perfectly but apparently she didn't agree with me.

But my guesses for tonight are

The Queen : Sapphire Parure

The Crown Princess : Princess Lilian's Tiara

Princess Madeleine : Modern Fringe Tiara

Princess Christina : Aquamarine Tiara

Sofia : Probably not a tiara as they are not married yet but i hope she'll wear pieces designed by Oscar Magnuson. He has designed very nice jewellery for the court jeweller WA Bohlin.

Don't care about what they are wearing on 11 december.

I predict Silvia will wear the Braganza tiara at the King's birthday. Maybe that will be the next time she will wear the tiara. However, I would also love she she wore the Cameo tiara.

At the same event, I hope Madeleine will wear the Connaught tiara.

Yes Queen Silvia will likely wear the braganza tiara if they want to celebrate with a tiara event. Or maybe the Cameo tiara as it is the royal couples 40:th wedding anniversary the same year.

Victoria and Madeleine will likely use the fringe tiaras and Sofia and Christina will likely use the button tiaras.

I doubt we will see a tiara on SH until she actually is married to C.

I doubt we will see a tiara on SH until she actually is married to C.

I agree. I was talking about a possible tiara event in 2016 to celebrate the King's 70:th birthday and the royal couple's 40:th wedding anniversary.

Quite possibly, if she is married to CP. My granny used to say 'There's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip'.

Since queen Silvia wore the sapphires yesterday, I would like to see the ruby tiara with the Scarab necklace on her today. Laurel Wreath Tiara for Victoria.

Yes, please, ruby tiara and scarab necklace! I fear that Silvia will wear her favourite nine prongs tiara instead. But I'd love to see the rubies.

My guess for Victoria is the small cut steel tiara (not my favourite, but one of hers!).
Madeleine and Christina: I fear they'll wear the same tiaras as yesterday. (I hope that I'm wrong here!)

I think the Queen will either wear Queen sofias diamond tiara tonight or one of the Connaughts

Victoria will probably wear some thing from the steel parures or the amethsyt tiara

And Madeleine probably the 4 button tiara or maybe the diamond bandeau tiara or perhaps her 2nd outing of the Connaught diamond tiara
princess Christina will probably repeat yesterday's appearance

I would like it however if the Queen wore the cameos (highly unlikely since she wore part of the parure last week) or the tourmaline parure just so well know if the rumors are true , Id also like it if Victoria and Madeleine swapped the jewels they wore yesterday, or perhaps the aquamarines for Madeleine and the 2nd tiara which Princess Lilian left victoria on obviously Victoria

Usually the 2nd night is more toned down in terms of jewels than the first night with the acual prize giving. So I would rule out the Connaught for Madeleine. If she were going to wear that one, it would have been yesterday, not today imo.

How I would love to finally see the tourmaline parure! But I must admit that I don't believe in those rumours any more. It sounds like something the Swedish gossip press has made up for the sake of a headline.:cool:

How I would love to finally see the tourmaline parure! But I must admit that I don't believe in those rumours any more. It sounds like something the Swedish gossip press has made up for the sake of a headline.:cool:

It was norwegian royal expert Kjell Arne Totland who first said in public that Estelle Bernadotte's tiara has been bought back to the main line of the swedish royal family.
Svensk Damtidning had their own version, that Daniel had bought Estelle Bernadotte's tiara from the norwegian royal family, which had bought it from Estelle's son. And that Daniel gave the tiara to Victoria as a present when Estelle was born.

It was norwegian royal expert Kjell Arne Totland who first said in public that Estelle Bernadotte's tiara has been bought back to the main line of the swedish royal family.
Svensk Damtidning had their own version, that Daniel had bought Estelle Bernadotte's tiara from the norwegian royal family, which had bought it from Estelle's son. And that Daniel gave the tiara to Victoria as a present when Estelle was born.
Here is a link to the blog of Trond Norén Isaksen. He explains that he has good sources (Countess Christine Bernadotte) saying that the parure was sold to the Norwegian RF. But in his interview Totland has given no source for his statement that the parure was now back in Sweden.
Trond Norén Isaksen: Royal jewels: Queen Sophia’s alleged coronation tiara (Estelle Bernadotte’s tiara)
It's a muddle, if you ask me. One of those Royal families seems to have it, but no one wears it. Since Kjell Arne Totland didn't give a source for his statement, I'm taking it with a pinch of salt.

I think if the pink tormaline parure i in the posession of the swedish RF Queen Siliva or Crown Princess Victoria will wear it the first time to a special occasion like the 70th birthday of the King or a Wedding.
Or perhaps (hopefully not because then we have to wait for a long time) it was a gift to Princess Estelle for her birth or christening.

Yes Queen Silvia will likely wear the braganza tiara if they want to celebrate with a tiara event. Or maybe the Cameo tiara as it is the royal couples 40:th wedding anniversary the same year.

One never knows. For example to the King's 50th birthday celebrations the Queen wore the Connaught tiara with the pink topaz demi Parure

Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events

One never knows. For example to the King's 50th birthday celebrations the Queen wore the Connaught tiara with the pink topaz demi Parure

That is true. And i can imagine her going more and more back to the smaller tiaras the older she gets.

However i would love to see her wear this gown on that occasion but with the Cameo Parure instead of the sapphires. ImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1418316791.332238.jpg

That is true. And i can imagine her going more and more back to the smaller tiaras the older she gets.

However i would love to see her wear this gown on that occasion but with the Cameo Parure instead of the sapphires. View attachment 292846
Wasn't that dress chosen because she was mourning one of her family? I don't remember the details, but I hope that there won't be any need for mourning attire at the next big tiara events. But I wouldn't say no to seeing the cameo parure again.
And we still do not know if lilian lett a second tiara for victoria
Since the will was public and explicitly spoke about two different tiaras let to Victoria, I think that we do know that the second tiara must exist.

But will Victoria ever wear it? And why did Princess Lilian never wear it? My personal guess is, that the second tiara is plain ugly or unwearable with modern hair styles and current fashion. ... or maybe tonight we get the answer?;)

My guesses for the 2014 Nobel Prizes:

Queen Silvia: Sapphire Tiara
Victoria: Baden Fringe Tiara
Madeleine: Modern Fringe tiara

King's dinner:

Queen Silvia: Nine Prong Tiara
Victoria: Small Cut Steel Tiara
Madeleine: Amethyst Tiara

I am so glad that I guessed right on the first day! Even though I got it all wrong on the second day, I am still happy! Silvia and Victoria did not wear those tiaras that I really dislike. I am so glad that the woman all wore my favorite tiaras on both Nobel events!

Yes, please, ruby tiara and scarab necklace! I fear that Silvia will wear her favourite nine prongs tiara instead. But I'd love to see the rubies.

My guess for Victoria is the small cut steel tiara (not my favourite, but one of hers!).
Madeleine and Christina: I fear they'll wear the same tiaras as yesterday. (I hope that I'm wrong here!)
So I was right where I hoped to be wrong:lol:!

Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events

Wasn't that dress chosen because she was mourning one of her family? I don't remember the details, but I hope that there won't be any need for mourning attire at the next big tiara events. But I wouldn't say no to seeing the cameo parure again.

I've never heard that this dress was chosen because of mourning. It's not a typically mourningndress. She may indeed have chosed that dark blue dress because her father died 2 months earlier but i've never heard that it was the reason. She had worn it before. I think it looks good anyway and think it would look even better with the Cameo parure.

Last edited:
I know it is very early but why not start in good time :-D My Tiara wishes "at the moment" for the Swedish Royal Wedding on 13:th June.

H.M The Queen : Edward VII Ruby Tiara and the Egyptian Scarab Necklase. Would love too see that combination and what could be a better moment then a family wedding ?

H.R.H The Crown Princess : The Large Cut Steel Tiara and all pieces from the Cameo Parure except the Tiara. Loved that combination on The Nobel festivities last year and wants to see her use it again.

H.R.H The Duchess of Värmland (As i guess will be Sofias title) : Think she'll use the Connaught Diamond Tiara or Princess Sibyllas Tiara as we call it in Sweden as her bridal crown. I hope the next to use the Cameo Tiara at her wedding will be Princess Estelle.

H.R.H The Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland (Madeleine) : Would love to see the Modern Fringe Tiara paired with the huge Bernadotte Emerald Necklase and matching Broches like Victoria had during the Nobel Prize Award Ceremony and Banquet in 2012. Though she paired it with the 4 Button Tiara wich i hope will stay in the vaults on this occasion.

Princess Christina Mrs Magnuson : wants to see her use the Aqua Marine Tiara again if Margareta is not using it. If Margareta is having it, then the 6 Button Tiara for Christina.

Princess Desirée Baroness Silfverschiöld : The only of the "Haga Sisters" who would still look great in a huge tiara. Would love to see her in the Nine Prong Tiara and the Pink Topaz demi Parure.

H.R.H Princess Birgitta : I think the Baden Fringe Tiara would look great together with her huge Sapphire Necklase and Earrings.

Princess Margareta Mrs Ambler : The Aqua Marine Tiara or the Amethyst Parure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom