Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events 1: Oct 2009 - Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most likely, there won't be tiaras worn in South Africa either.
The only upcoming royal occasions before the Nobel festivties where tiaras should be worn are QE II's state visits to Bermuda, Trinidad and Tobago in the end of November.
Princess Diana wore tiaras on her visits to Canada, so in a few days' time we will see if the dress code has remained the same during the Prince of Wales/Duchess of Cornwall trip to Canada.

Also when Priunce Andrew and Sarah visited in the late 80's and the Earl of Countess of Wessex 1 or 2 years after her marriage. Sometimes Queen margrethe puts 1 or 2 of her poppies in her hair for these low key State Banquets but i woinder what Mary would wear then. As for South africa i think there is more hope as Queen Sonja most of the time uses ine oif her smaller tiaras. So perhaps the bandeau of the Malteser tiara or the Star Wars in South Africa.

South Africa, like Vietnam, is a case of low key dress code determined by the hosts. Even Queen Silvia did not wear a tiara for the welcome banquet there; but maybe things have changed since then.

She also wore her Wedding tiara for the birthday ball of King Harald 2 years ago.

Ah yes, indeed she did. Thank you for the reminder Stefan, I'd completely forgotten about Harald's birthday gala (wonder how? so many tiaras that evening...)

I personally doubt we'll see any major form of 'bling' during these upcoming state visits, especially if we follow past visits to these countries *prays the poppies stay in Denmark, prays the poppies stay in Denmark*

I love the Diamond Bandeau tiara! I hope Maxima finally picks this one!

Just because there might not be tiaras shouldn't mean that they don't include some nice jewels at the banquets? Marys rubies would be great if she just wore the brooch and earrings right? and Maxima... I would love to see her in some aquamarines or even the turquoise or even the sapphires....:ROFLMAO:

The Danish state visit to Vietnam: Dazzling posted some gorgeous pictures here: ImageShack -
The Queen wore the turquoise bandeau (so my guess wasn't too far off;)) and PC Mary wore... a brooch ??? in her hair? There is something sparkling to be seen in the last picture.
So those who opted for no tiaras got it half-right this time:flowers:
As Stefan explained http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...-vietnam-november-1st-6th-2009-a-19841-4.html it happened before that Queen Beatrix wore a tiara when Princess Maxima wasn't. So maybe that is what we will see at the Mexican state banquett later today? What do you think?

Congratulations to Tilia C who got it half right!

:fireworks::fireworks::fireworks:

and, I love that tiara.​

Thank you jcbcode99! By the way, it was partly wishful thinking, because we rarely get to see good pictures of this tiara. And I love it too, reminds me a bit of Mette-Marits wedding tiara. Wouldn't it be nice if Queen Margrete started to share it with Mary? (More wishful thinking here)

So, does anyone have another guess about the Dutch visit to Mexico? Or do you think Camilla will wear a tiara in Canada? Concerning the latter I have no idea if she will. It is not a state visit, but still I would like to see some serious jewellery worn. It would be nice to see her own family tiara worn again. (Again wishful thinking, my virtual vaults are lacking good pictures of this beauty.)

Im looking for better/close up photos of Q Marg. turquoice bandeau tiara with no luck- can someone post it, if available? Thanks in advance!

Anxious to see what royal jewelry the Dutch pull out tonight!

Thank you jcbcode99! By the way, it was partly wishful thinking, because we rarely get to see good pictures of this tiara. And I love it too, reminds me a bit of Mette-Marits wedding tiara. Wouldn't it be nice if Queen Margrete started to share it with Mary? (More wishful thinking here)

So, does anyone have another guess about the Dutch visit to Mexico? Or do you think Camilla will wear a tiara in Canada? Concerning the latter I have no idea if she will. It is not a state visit, but still I would like to see some serious jewellery worn. It would be nice to see her own family tiara worn again. (Again wishful thinking, my virtual vaults are lacking good pictures of this beauty.)

It could very well be that Camilla will wear a tiara in Canada. Both Diana and Sarah wore a tiara when they visted Canada in the 80's and also the Countess of Wessex when they vistied Canada 1 or 2 yeara after their Wedding.

I doubt Camilla would wear her own family's tiara in Canada. They weren't as grand a family as the Spencers. And while Diana delighted in rubbing her independence in Charles's face, Camilla seems more willing to go along with the program.

No tiaras worn in Mexico :sad:, so Marengo and Princejohnny25 got it right: CONGRATULATIONS!:flowers:

I doubt Camilla would wear her own family's tiara in Canada. They weren't as grand a family as the Spencers. And while Diana delighted in rubbing her independence in Charles's face, Camilla seems more willing to go along with the program.
You're probably right, Iowabelle, but Diana was probably right to rub her family background into Charles' face. After all he married her because of that. (sorry for veering off course). The Delhi Durbar might be considered too grand for this visit, so once again the Greville honeycomb tiara? I would like to see something else, but it is still better than nothing :lol: and the DoC wears it beautifully.
But when is the gala in Canada due? Or did I already miss it?

I think the gala is tonight, I still have my hopes for the Russian Sapphire Bandeau to make an appearance. But I actually wouldn't be surprised if the Duchess wore the Cubbitt tiara. Since she has roots in Canada mind as well wear a family heirloom, eh. But she would have to change her hair just a tad so it doesnt get lost in it. I would love to see camilla in a sort of 50's inspire do.

I don't think she will wear the Cubitt Tiara. :)
Is the gala definitely schedueled for tonight?
It's a pity Mary didn't wear a tiara or any kind of decoration. :sad:

I think the gala is tonight, I still have my hopes for the Russian Sapphire Bandeau to make an appearance. But I actually wouldn't be surprised if the Duchess wore the Cubbitt tiara. Since she has roots in Canada mind as well wear a family heirloom, eh. But she would have to change her hair just a tad so it doesnt get lost in it. I would love to see camilla in a sort of 50's inspire do.

Do you mean the tiara which Queen Mary is wearing here, on the right: Queen Mary Diamond Tiara | Diamant Tiara ? Wouldn't it get as much lost in her hairstyle as the Cubitt tiara? But it would be great to see one of Queen Mary's tiaras worn again. There must be more than one left in the royal collection.

Lumutqueen, at least Mary wore this lovely brooch in her hair http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n374/royalmb/marynov09/nov2/hairbrooch.jpg (picture posted by ayvee), which I think looked beautiful. Definitely more hair decoration than Queen Beatrix and Maxima wore in Mexico.

Well if there is ever gonna be a tiara in Canada, tonight is the night. It seems Camilla has worn lots of her own pieces on this visit rather than any from the Collection so she might opt for the Cubbit tiara.
Mademoiselle did a photoshop with the Russian Tiara and it looks lovely on Camilla.
Part of me is fearing that she wont wear a tiara but will wear her ruby breastshield again. However if she doesnt go for a tiara, I wouldn't mind seeing the three or all five strands of diamonds on her tonight.
Ooo, I just thought. Since blue has been a main theme on this tour, maybe we will see some Sapphires out on this visit, which would go lovely with the Russian tiara. Im just dead keen on seeing this tiara come out the vaults. :)

Princejohnny25, I would love to see that Russian sapphire tiara--I've been waiting for DECADES to see it re-emerge. I do hope to see a tiara--and yes, even if it is the Honeycomb I'll be happy--but I do get tired of the thing. I was pleased to see that wonderful pearl necklace with the pink clasp--topaz or whatever, I love it and it suits her perfectly. I'd like to see a navy gown (maybe velvet--it is cold up there) with the Russian; what we may likely see is a navy gown with the Saudi sapphires (Gorgeous) and the Honeycomb or Cubbit tiara. That's if she wears navy/royal blue. Rubies would be lovely to see--but not the breastplate. It's time to break that thing up and do something practical with it.

Navy Gown - Yes.
Everything else - No :(
She wore her pearl and pink stone choker, which I love, and the RFO. The Canadian Tour was quite low key jewel wise. Disappointing.

Sigh... from a political standpoint I understand why so many official and state visits are kept low key these days. But that doesn't keep me safe from disappointment. Hard times for tiaraholics like me, and all those nice brooches and necklaces are not the right kind of surrogate drug to keep me really satisfied. So the next event will be QE II's state visits to Bermuda, Trinidad and Tobago?? I guess that the term “low key” does not apply to QE II?

Sigh... from a political standpoint I understand why so many official and state visits are kept low key these days. But that doesn't keep me safe from disappointment. Hard times for tiaraholics like me, and all those nice brooches and necklaces are not the right kind of surrogate drug to keep me really satisfied. So the next event will be QE II's state visits to Bermuda, Trinidad and Tobago?? I guess that the term “low key” does not apply to QEII?

My view is that the Queen is able to "set the agenda" when it comes to dress code and jewels, and pretty much always wears a tiara at a state occassion. Camilla does not hold that position, and whilst she may attend a "gala" dinner when visiting another country, it is not a state dinner, and hence, the tiara is not appropriate. The only time Camilla has worn a tiara abroad was at the CHOGM meeting in Uganda in 2007, when she accompanied the Queen.

The Norwegian Royal couple will go ona SV to South Africa next week.
There'll be a gala dinner.
I guess we'll see the Diamond Tiara on Queen Sonja. Or the Emerald Tiara. She hasn't worn it for a longer time now.

The Norwegian Royal couple will go ona SV to South Africa next week.
There'll be a gala dinner.
I guess we'll see the Diamond Tiara on Queen Sonja. Or the Emerald Tiara. She hasn't worn it for a longer time now.

I dloubt she will wear one of the bigger tiaras as State Banquets are most low key in South Africa. Probably the Star Wars tiara, or the bandeau of the Malteser tiara or the second version of the pearl tiara.

As long as we don’t see that yellow dress again……
We did just see the diamond tiara of Queen Josephine's at the last tiara event, so I doubt if we'll see it this time--not that I would mind. It's one of the most beautiful tiaras of all the Royal Houses. But, it is more of a low key event so it stands to reason that the tiara will be smaller as well.
The base of the Malteser with some riviere's would be nice. I don’t really “love” it with the crosses on it. The base is beautiful, though.
Queen Maude's Vifte tiara would be nice to see--it's small, can be worn high, when did we last see it in tiara form?
Queen Maude's pearl tiara (well, reproduction) is always nice to see--in either form., but the smaller would be more appropriate as well, I think.
I'm pretty much happy with any tiara--EXCEPT the modern gold and topaz one. It just doesn’t do anything for me.
I do wish Queen Sonja had more tiaras, but it's hard to complain about the emeralds (Well, I don't like the placement of the some of the stones, but it's still impressive), Queen Josephine's parue, or the pearl tiara. They're beautiful--and she wears them most impressively. She also wears chokers beautifully!

I'm going to guess Girls of Great Britain & Ireland for the tiara...

Any guesses as to what tiara HM might use in Trinidad & Tobago?

As long as we don’t see that yellow dress again……
We did just see the diamond tiara of Queen Josephine's at the last tiara event, so I doubt if we'll see it this time--not that I would mind. It's one of the most beautiful tiaras of all the Royal Houses. But, it is more of a low key event so it stands to reason that the tiara will be smaller as well.
The base of the Malteser with some riviere's would be nice. I don’t really “love” it with the crosses on it. The base is beautiful, though.
Queen Maude's Vifte tiara would be nice to see--it's small, can be worn high, when did we last see it in tiara form?
Queen Maude's pearl tiara (well, reproduction) is always nice to see--in either form., but the smaller would be more appropriate as well, I think.
I'm pretty much happy with any tiara--EXCEPT the modern gold and topaz one. It just doesn’t do anything for me.

I so agree with you! Especially about the yellow dress and the modern topaz tiara!! The small version of the pearl tiara would be perfect, as the bigger version would be considered too grand for the occasion.
When was the last time she wore the band of the malteser tiara without the crosses? To me it does not seem to be one of her favourites. The same goes for the vifte tiara. It hasn't been seen as a tiara for ages. It would be nice to dig it out once again.

As for QEII, I don't know what she prefers to this kind of state visits, but I hope she will wear the Girls of Ireland and Great Britain tiara. It's one of my favourites, delicate, elegant, regal and simply beautiful.

Queen Sonja wore the bandeau of the Malteser tiara in SA and without the yellow dress:). Here are some pics from ANP:
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Good guess, Stefan an jcbcode99! She wears it really well, it's so much better than the modern tapaz tiara.

Looking forward to the pics of QEII!

I agree, the crosses on the Maltese tiara don't work, but it has an attractive base. It's probably more comfortable too than, say, the Braganca tiara over in Sweden. I think it works well on Queen Sonja.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom