Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events 1: Oct 2009 - Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the pictures of three ladies in 3 different eras wearing this tiara. I agree that it didn't look too good on infanta Elena, not a good hairstyle to go with this tiara. Imo it looked best the way Ps. Irene wore it. I only miss the pendant in the central loop, which you can make out in the picture of Queen Sophie. The tiara looks a bit too strict and sober without it. I would really like to see this tiara more often (the version Sophie wore) and hope that it is still in the family.

Princess Letizia desserved something better.

I don't think the Greek Royal Wedding will be a tiara event. Of course we'll see Tatiana wearing a tiara, but just like Princess Chantal's wedding, it won't have tiara pararures and orders.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately the Grimaldis don't have a tradition of wearing wedding tiaras, neither Grace nor Caroline nor Stephanie wore one. So our chances of seeing a wedding tiara on Charlene are slim.
OK - i saw a lot of comments regarding the Grimaldis not having afternoon weddings (which would imply tiaras) - and lots about weddings with long dresses and hats - but honestly - even for those weddings (e.g. Charles and Diana, Silvia and Carl Gustav, Mathilde and Philippe ) - the bride always wore a tiara. I can't think of any royal wedding in the last - let's say - 20 to 30 years, where the bride did not wear a tiara.
So - even if Princess Grace did not wear one for her own wedding, it would look absolutely strange if Charlene would be the only (reigning) royal bride within these last years not wearing a tiara.

But so far no Grimaldi bride has worn a tiara. Neither Grace nor Caroline at her first and only religious marriage to Philippe Junot. And princess Astrid of Belgium also hasnÄt worn a tiara on her Wedding Day And also Countess Marie Kalnoky didn't wear a tiara on her Wedding to Prince Constantin of Liechtesntein.

Going back to Irene's tiara I hope she leaves it to Felipe, so it can be uses by the Spanish Royal Family, If it goes to the Greek Royal family that tiara will be sold at auction since the GRF will eventually die out, and they don't have much use for it. Pavlos will probably be the last CP of Greece and then the family will slowly have to sell their heirlooms including jewelery. I hope when Ann-Marie dies she returns the wedding tiara to the Danish royal Family so it can continue to be used by all female descendants of Queen Ingrid.

The fact that the GRF is no longer reigning does not automatically mean that they will sell away the jewels because they have no use for it, as long as they have enough money to support themselves. I guess that there are many aristocratic or simply "old money" families in Europe who are not reigning and still own such pieces and they are still passing them down to the next generations, even though they will probably use them only once or twice in their lifetime. However, Princess Irene might indeed choose to live the tiara to one of her sister's children, for sentimentakl reasons or becuase she would like the tiara to go to a reigning relatives. How knows what she has decided in her will - and I hope that we will not find out soon;)

The thing is the GRF doesn't have that much money and since Constantine owns property & has money in Great Britain his kids will have to pay death duties, which in turn will probably lead to selling things they don't need (jewelery).

The thing is the GRF doesn't have that much money and since Constantine owns property & has money in Great Britain his kids will have to pay death duties, which in turn will probably lead to selling things they don't need (jewelery).

I suspect Constantine's wealth is structured appropriately so as to avoid material death duties. The irony is that the very people the death duties are trying to capture are the ones who have the resources to avoid paying it!

Funny how life is that way murial!!

As for the tiara's, I believe one always needs a tiara.....even if you don't have an event, what about walking around your house?;)

I agree that the Greek wedding will be far less formal and the only one in a tiara will be the bride and possibly Queen Anne Marie, but I'm still hoping....:flowers:

I hope that they manage to keep their family heirlooms. Should there be the need to sell jewellery, they might offer the Khedive and the old corsage tiara to the DRF. I cannot see the DRF standing by and watching the good old Khedive tiara being sold at auction.

But what do you all think: which tiara will Tatiana wear on her wedding day?
I think she might wear the antique corsage tiara. It was also the wedding tiara of Marie-Chantale and is sometimes worn by Theodora.

do you not think the bride will wear a tiara? i took it for granted

I'm not sure, Tatiana sends the signals of being a quiet down to earth kind of girl.
MC and Alexia wore tiara but i think for MC that was more a status symbol and Alexia was the fact she was a Princess. Quiet wedding, quiet outfits?

MC was marrying a Crown Prince whose parents IMO are doing their best to keep reminding people that they are still royal, so it might indeed have been a status symbol. Alexia was a Princess and she didn't wore just a tiara, but the same her mother and aunts also wore, so it was also a matter of sentimental reasons. If Tatiana does chose a tiara, I would be surprised, not because I would consider it flashy or snobbish , but because I really don't think you can put an island marriage in late august at Greece and a grand royal heirloom tiara together and match :D! Perhaps she will do the same as Prince Michael's girl Olga who chose a headpiece

Exactly what I was thinking, London, big church I could understand. Small Island, sunny greece, flowing dresses, I'm thinkin tiaras are a no-go. :)
Anyone seen Mamma Mia, somehow I'm thinking that kinda wedding.

Tiara alert in Greece! Princess Tatiana is wearing the antique corsage tiara for her wedding!
I would have liked to see Queen Frederika's diamond tiara re-appear, but always thought that the antique corsage tiara was more likely. Great to see at least one tiara! (I guess Victoria's wedding quite spoiled me;))

Next week the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess of Luxemburg will pay an State Visit to Portugal. I'm sure the State Banquet will be white tie as this was the case when the swedish and norwegian royal Couples made their State Visits to Portugal in the last year. Any guesses which tiara Maria Teresa will choose.

I don't think theat the Bragncas are invited to State Banquets. At the sedish State Visit they where invited to the the return Banquet so it could be again this time. But this will probably only be a black tie event so no tiara for Isabel.

I wouldn't mind seeing something we've not seen in a while--the aquamarine bandeau, for example. But, of course, the emerald is always pleasing to the eye as well. When was the last time was saw the amethysts or topaz sets?

It would be funny to see both the grand duchess and the duchess of Braganca with their convertible choke tiaras. They are so similar, it would almost be like two ladies wearing the same dress:ROFLMAO:
But it is more likely that the Bragancas won't be at the state banquet and MT will be the only tiara-lady. MT already wore the emerald, sapphire, floral and Empire tiaras this year. That is why I guess she will wear tiara with the diamond scrollwork.

I don't think theat the Bragncas are invited to State Banquets. At the sedish State Visit they where invited to the the return Banquet so it could be again this time. But this will probably only be a black tie event so no tiara for Isabel.

You're right they were only invited to the return dinner!How foolish of me lol :ROFLMAO:. I'm going to check the other threads for Luxembourg state visits to see if they norm offer return dinner that are black tie or white tie I hope it's white tie Isabel needs to air her tiara's out, they've been sitting around for to long!

TiliaC I thought so too that's why I hope they each wear them if the return dinner is whit tie! They'll have something interesting to talk about. ;)

It would be great to have some tiara sparkle at the return banquett as well. Will the dress code be published in advance, or is it only known to the invitees?

I think that the pope will be on a state visit to GB next week. The tiara season has started!!

Tilia - I posted the schedule in a thread dedicated to the state visit in the Luxembourg Forums but it doesn't specify which dinners are White - Tie & which are Black - Tie. But the dinner hosted by the President of the Republic will be White tie for sure!

It would be great to have some tiara sparkle at the return banquett as well. Will the dress code be published in advance, or is it only known to the invitees?

I think that the pope will be on a state visit to GB next week. The tiara season has started!!
Yes the Pope will be in the UK soon but it's called State Visit it's only one in Name. I'm not sure but i'm afraid thee will be no State Banquet.
As for the return Baquet's hosted by the Luxemburgs it was black tie in Denmark, Sweden, Belgium the Netherlands etc so i don't think there is a chance that it will be white tie this time.

Yes the Pope will be in the UK soon but it's called State Visit it's only one in Name. I'm not sure but i'm afraid thee will be no State Banquet.
As for the return Baquet's hosted by the Luxemburgs it was black tie in Denmark, Sweden, Belgium the Netherlands etc so i don't think there is a chance that it will be white tie this time.

ah too bad! I was really hoping for double the glitter, but We'll have some glitter today. ;)

:previous:
I've moved discussion of the Grand Duchess's tiara to her thread in the main Royal Jewels area.

Tiara alert in the Netherlands! There will be a state visit from Indonesia, the state banquett is planned for October 6th, HM, Maxima and Margriet are supposed to take part.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...october-6th-9th-2010-a-28461.html#post1142533
Any guesses?
Hard to tell but my guess is that we will not see the bigger peaces. Perhaps for Beatrix here favourite small floral diamond tiara, Máxima in the emeralds and for Margriet the ears-of-wheat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom