Tiara and Jewels guessing for King Charles Coronation

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wonder if Silvia will loan Victoria one the bigger Swedish tiaras? Equally who knows....we could see the first appearance by the Dutch Stuart Tiara

it would be appropriate if victoria wore the Leuchtenberg Sapphire Parure or the Nine Prong Tiara
but we aren't gonna see the stuart tiara in the british coronation because it's only reserved for the queen and she wouldn't attend the coronation

it would be also appropriate if mette marit debut queen maud's diamond tiara that was returned to the family after princess ragnhild death

Last edited:
I wonder if Silvia will loan Victoria one the bigger Swedish tiaras? Equally who knows....we could see the first appearance by the Dutch Stuart Tiara

That is unlikely as the Braganza and the Stuart are reserved for the Queen. When the same policy is followed as in London 1953, Amsterdam 1980 and Amsterdam 2013, then Heirs will be invited. The Princess of Orange, the Duchess of Brabant, the Princess of Asturias, all too young. Maybe then we will see Astrid & Lorenz, Constantijn & Laurentien and Infanta Elena representing their Houses.

That is unlikely as the Braganza and the Stuart are reserved for the Queen. When the same policy is followed as in London 1953, Amsterdam 1980 and Amsterdam 2013, then Heirs will be invited. The Princess of Orange, the Duchess of Brabant, the Princess of Asturias, all too young. Maybe then we will see Astrid & Lorenz, Constantijn & Laurentien and Infanta Elena representing their Houses.

I suspect Charles might be the last British monarch to be crowned, if he is crowned at all. Coronation is a very old-fashioned tradition that has been abandoned elsewhere in Europe and will probably be replaced by a lower key enthronement ceremony as Charles or William move to "modernize" the British monarchy.

On the second point, the Duchess of Brabant is already 14, so I'd say that there is a fair chance she might attend Charles' coronation (or enthronement/inauguration) if Queen Elizabeth II reigns for at least another five years or so. The chances are somewhat smaller for the Princess of Orange, who is only 12, but it is still possible that she will attend too. If Princess Elisabeth is old enough to be present, I suspect she will wear the Brabant Laurel Wreath currently worn by her mother, or she may get a new tiara for her 18th birthday.

Tiara and Jewels guessing for prince charles coronation

Who cares what the rest of Europe does? The coronation ceremony for British monarchs has been the same ceremony for a 1000 years. The British has always done things differently. They still do the ceremony of the keys at the tower, Swan upping, Trooping the Colour, State opening of Parliament etc - all things that don't have to be done but are still done.

Most people alive have never seen a British coronation in real life. Only bits of the Queen's on television. Some of us will only see Charles's, a few more may get to William's and the younger people will see George's if they are lucky.

Millions each year flock the Tower to see what? A very old building? No the Crown Jewels. A coronation in Westminster in the coronation chair with the crown of St Edward the Confessor like your parent, grandparent, great grand parent, down the line of history has to be pretty moving to the person being crowned.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Last edited:
does anybody knows if heads of non-reigning and former royal houses dose attend coronations or they don't i'm talking about people like ( crown prince alexander of serbia , grand duchess maria vladimirovna , Georg Friedrich, Prince of Prussia etc.. )

This is very tooooo early. We don't even know if Camilla will be Queen or remain Duchess.

Camilla can not 'remain' anything. She is HRH Princess of Wales, but when her husband is king, Kate will be DOC and eventual Princess of Wales.

The suggested title has been Princess consort, like Philip and Henrik. So instead of HRH Princess Charles, Princess of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall, she will be entitled like Philip, to use her own name. They would be HM King Charles III and HRH the Princess Camilla, Princess Conort of Great Britain.

But that would take letters issued and a new title created. In the UK, the wife of the king is queen plain and simple. I don't see her not be queen. She doesn't use POW, even though she is, because of Diana. But Diana was never queen. Its time Diana's ghost is laid to rest, and Camilla is recognized as the wife she is.

Either way, Queen or Princess Consort, she will be the senior lady at court and her tiara will reflect that. I don't think Camilla will have a new tiara like the other consorts.

-if queen, George IV or would love to see her in Queen Mary's coronation
-consort think we will see one of QEII's big guns, either the Girls or Mary's fringe (possibly the Burmese)

I don't think any of the big guns may be worn by anyone but Camilla to it.

Deli tiara may be good bet for Kate. Camilla wore it for her 1st tiara event as POW/DOC. Fitting for Kate to as well.

does anybody knows if heads of non-reigning and former royal houses dose attend coronations or they don't i'm talking about people like ( crown prince alexander of serbia , grand duchess maria vladimirovna , Georg Friedrich, Prince of Prussia etc.. )

If you look at Queen Elizabeth's Coronation there were representatives of non-reigning royal Houses there and a few heads of Houses like the Margrave of Baden and his wife and the parents of the future king of Spain. However, they tended to be relatives.

Down the bottom of this list are the representatives of non ruling Houses.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_royal_guests_at_the_coronation_of_Queen_Elizabeth_II

Last edited:
I don't recall seeing non-reigning royals at the Dutch inauguration. I guess for Charles' coronation some will attend as they are related to a number of non-ruling royals through Prince Philip, maybe the Greeks as Charles seems close to them.

Besides JC's parents and Eugene de ligne, those at QEII's were Philip's family. His sisters Theodora, Margaretha and Sophia with their husbands, and 3 of their kids. Eugene was really the only unrelated. Infante Juan was related to both through his mother. Victoria's mother was Queen Victoria's daughter Beatrice. Her dad Henry was younger brother of Philip's grandfather Louis (so Victoria and Alice 1st cousins).

Charles German (we saw some at the 90th) and Greek relatives should be there.

For the Invesiture of King Willem-Alexander in 2013, the Royal House has invited several hundreds own guests. (The other guests were invited by Parliament or Government). Only a fraction of these were members of reigning Houses. Sadly only the list with representants of reigning Houses was published. I have still not found a complete guestlist with all hundreds of guests. I am sure there were plenty of Dutch and foreign royal and noble guests. They belong to the circles of the royal couple but went totally unnoticed in the TV-coverage.

HSH The Prince of Monaco
HRH Princess Lalla Salma of Morocco
HH Sheikha Mozah bint Nasser al-Misned of Qatar
HRH The Crown Prince of Thailand
HRH Princess Sirindhorn of Thailand
HRH The Prince of Wales
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall
HRH The Crown Prince of Denmark, Count of Monpezat
HRH The Crown Princess of Denmark, Countess of Monpezat
HRH The Crown Princess of Sweden, Duchess of Västergötland
HRH Prince Daniel of Sweden, Duke of Västergotland
HRH Princess Estelle of Sweden, Duchess of Östergötland
HRH The Prince of Asturias
HRH The Princess of Asturias
HIH The Crown Prince of Japan
HIH Princess Masako of Japan
HSH The Hereditary Prince of Liechtenstein
HSH The Hereditary Princess of Liechtenstein, Duchess in Bavaria
HRH The Duke of Brabant
HRH The Duchess of Brabant, Countess d'Udekem d'Acoz
HRH The Crown Prince of Norway
HRH The Crown Princess of Norway
HRH The Crown Prince of Brunei
HRH Princess Sarah of Brunei
HRH Prince Abdul Muntaqim of Brunei
HRH Princess Muneerah of Brunei
HRH The Crown Prince of Bahrein
HRH The Hereditary Grand Duke of Luxembourg, Prince of Nassau
HRH The Hereditary Grand Duchess of Luxembourg, Princess of Nassau, Countess de Lannoy
HRH Prince El Hassan bin Talal of Jordan
HRH Princess Sarvath El Hassan of Jordan
HH Prince Haitham bin Tareq al Said of Oman
HH Sheikh Hamed bin Zayed al Nahyan of Abu Dhabi

How lovely that little Estelle of Sweden was invited with her parents!

Camilla can not 'remain' anything. She is HRH Princess of Wales, but when her husband is king, Kate will be DOC and eventual Princess of Wales.

The suggested title has been Princess consort, like Philip and Henrik. So instead of HRH Princess Charles, Princess of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall, she will be entitled like Philip, to use her own name. They would be HM King Charles III and HRH the Princess Camilla, Princess Conort of Great Britain.

But that would take letters issued and a new title created. In the UK, the wife of the king is queen plain and simple. I don't see her not be queen.

Either way, Queen or Princess Consort, she will be the senior lady at court and her tiara will reflect that. I don't think Camilla will have a new tiara like the other consorts.

-if queen, George IV or would love to see her in Queen Mary's coronation
-consort think we will see one of QEII's big guns, either the Girls or Mary's fringe (possibly the Burmese)

I don't think any of the big guns may be worn by anyone but Camilla to it.

Deli tiara may be good bet for Kate. Camilla wore it for her 1st tiara event as POW/DOC. Fitting for Kate to as well.
At Charles's coronation, if it is a full-scale occasion like I think it will be, Camilla will either be "HRH The Princess Consort" (unlikely IMO, it would take an Act of Parliament and would obligate all future female spouses of monarchs to be the same so no Queen Catherine either) or "HM The Queen." If she is The Princess Consort, I see her in the Delhi Durbar Tiara, perhaps with the Cullinan re-inserted at the front. If she is HM The Queen, she would go to the Abbey bare-headed and would be crowned after her husband, most likely with the crown of Queen Elizabeth (The Queen Mother) but Queen Mary's crown is the other possibility - I don't see a new crown being made as was the custom in the 20th century. As Camilla is crowned, all of the British Princesses and Peeresses would put on their coronets behind their tiaras, the royal men and peers having donned their coronets at the moment of Charles's crowning.

Here are my predictions. I also included monarchs and consorts just in case.

Catherine: Cambridge Lovers Knot tiara
Harry's future wife: Lotus tiara
Anne: Fringe tiara
Sophie: Wedding tiara
Zara: Festoon tiara
Autumn: Meander tiara
Beatrce: York tiara
Eugineie: Scroll tiara
Mathilde: Full version of the Nine Provinces tiara
Margrethe: Pearl Poire tiara
Mary: Ruby tiara
Queen Anne Marie: Wedding tiara
Masako: Sunburst tiara
Rania: Queen Alia's diamond tiara
Sophie of Liechtenstein: Fringe Tiara
Maria Teresa: Empire Tiara
HGD Stephanie: Large floral tiara
Charlene: Cartier Pearl Drop tiara
Maxima: Wurttemberg Tiara
Beatrix: Mellerio Sapphire tiara
Sonja: Josephine's Diamond tiara
Mette Marit: Wedding tiara
Sofia: Fleur de Lys Tiara
Letizia: Cartier Pearl tiara
Silvia: Sapphire tiara
Victoria: Connaught tiara

Last edited:
How lovely that little Estelle of Sweden was invited with her parents!

She wasn't really invited (she's not on other guestlists for the W-A inauguration) but she did come along with her parents to the NL, same with a couple other royal children

She wasn't really invited (she's not on other guestlists for the W-A inauguration) but she did come along with her parents to the NL, same with a couple other royal children

Indeed but that takes not away that there were more royals during a couple of days in Amsterdam. I would like to see the full guestlist. What about the royal couple's private friends (De Beaufort, Jankovich de Jezsenice, Bismarck, Hohenems, etc.) and the family (Von Amsberg, Von Lippe, Von Oeynhausen, Von der Recke, Von Sierstorpff, etc.)

Can you imagine having the most important day of your life, the day for which you were destined by birth, and that then no one of family and friends were in Amsterdam? I am sure there were but sadly it is "private". The representants from reiging Royal Houses are official guests, that will have been the difference the RVD (State Information Agency) made in providing information.

But as the Investiture was a day-event (around Noon) it was in white tie but without diadems. In the evening there was a King's Water Pageant with a lavish party and that was in black tie. The Coronation of King Charles III will be unique as the only diadems-event of all Investitures in the rest of the world (unless Charles changes the dresscode to formal daywear). Of course there were plenty of glittering diadems at the eve of the Investiture (the Farewell Banquet of Queen Beatrix in the Rijksmuseum).

Even the State Opening of Parliament has been made much more sober than it was. Compare newsreels from the 1960's with today's State Opening. The Queen herself is unchanged but the attendance of Peers and Peeresses, the proceedings are simpler (no backwards walking), the dresscode simpler ( much fewer hats by ladies standing in the hallway to see the passage of the Queen, the Speaker no longer with a wig, etc.) A sharp eye will see that more has been changed than one would think at first sight. We will see what happens.

Last edited:
:previous:
If i remember correctly the royal house was allowed to invite about 500 and the government invited 100 but thoses invitations also was for a plus one so about 1200 atleast were invited

Princess Beatrice may wear the Strathmore Rose Tiara. :crown2::crown2:

also it would be great if countess estelle Bernadotte pink topaz parure gonna be worn either by the swedish or norwegian crown princess

As that piece belongs to Alias' daughter Princess Haya who is the wife of a reigning monarch (Sheikh Mohammed) I would say that she would wear it rather than Rania.

Here are my predictions. I also included monarchs and consorts just in case.

Catherine: Cambridge Lovers Knot tiara
Harry's future wife: Lotus tiara
Anne: Fringe tiara
Sophie: Wedding tiara
Zara: Festoon tiara
Autumn: Meander tiara
Beatrce: York tiara
Eugineie: Scroll tiara
Mathilde: Full version of the Nine Provinces tiara
Margrethe: Pearl Poire tiara
Mary: Ruby tiara
Queen Anne Marie: Wedding tiara
Masako: Sunburst tiara
Sophie of Liechtenstein: Fringe Tiara
Maria Teresa: Empire Tiara
HGD Stephanie: Large floral tiara
Charlene: Cartier Pearl Drop tiara
Maxima: Wurttemberg Tiara
Beatrix: Mellerio Sapphire tiara
Sonja: Josephine's Diamond tiara
Mette Marit: Wedding tiara
Sofia: Fleur de Lys Tiara
Letizia: Cartier Pearl tiara
Silvia: Sapphire tiara
Victoria: Connaught tiara
One thing to remember is that reigning sovereigns and their consorts are not traditionally invited to attend coronations/enthronements of fellow sovereigns in other countries. It's just not protocol to do so.

Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway - her debut with the diamond diadem of the late Princess Ragnhild

Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden - Princess Victoria of Baden's fringe diadem

Crown Princess Mary of Denmark - the diadem from the diamonds-and-rubies parure

The Princess of Orange - too young

Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands - the antique pearl diadem with the diamond fleurons and the upright pearls

The Duchess of Brabant - too young

Princess Astrid of Belgium - the Savoia-Aosta diamond diadem

The Hereditary Grand Duchess of Luxembourg - the Chaumet diamond diadem with the central emerald cabochon

The Princess of Monaco - her Ocean Wave Diadem

The Princess of Hannover - her pearl drop diamond diadem

The Princess of Asturias - too young

The Infanta Doña Elena - the Ansorena diamond fleur-de-lys diadem

:previous:
i like to think that crown princess victoria would wear something bigger .
there is a chance that The Duchess of Brabant would be old enough i would guess if so she would wear the Wolfers diamond necklace/tiara or her mother Laurel Wreath Tiara .
Infanta Elena wouldn't wear the Ansorena diamond fleur-de-lys diadem , it's
reserved only for queen's she would wear her wedding tiara if she didn't loan another one from her mother .

Given the long lives of women in her family, it could very well be ten years. Elisabeth is fifteen, in three years she will be an adult. Unless tragedy happens, I don't see her not going, she will most likely be in her mid twenties. Same for Catharina Amalia. She is thirteen, if it is seven or more years she will be in her twenties and certainly old enough to attend. Leonor is doubtful. If it is ten years perhaps as she will be 21. If Charles is king in 2026, I very much see 25 year old Elisabeth, 23 year old CA and 21 year old Leonor. I think as long as it isn't before at least 2021, we will see the older two.

Queen Louise of Sweden, who was a crown princess at the time, wore the Braganza tiara at King George VI's coronation. It would be amazing if Victoria wore that tiara at Charles's coronation.

Queen Louise of Sweden, who was a crown princess at the time, wore the Braganza tiara at King George VI's coronation. It would be amazing if Victoria wore that tiara at Charles's coronation.
I seriously doubt that will happen as long as her mother is alive. The Braganza is for queens only & as far as I know that was the only time that Louise wore it during her long tenure as crown princess. Although crown princess she was the premier lady of Sweden after her mother in laws death in 1930. Its also one of only two occassions during the Braganzas 150 year long history in Sweden that its been worn outside of the country.

:previous: Yes, the other being Silvia on a state visit to Denmark.

Like the Leuchtenberg sapphire, Victoria won't wear it till queen. The sapphire she could before, if her mother dies first. Both tiaras are worn traditionally only by the queen. But unlike the Braganca which was only worn by Louise once as crown princess, the sapphires has been worn by others. If there is no queen, it can be worn by the most senior royal lady. Sibylla wore it after the death of her husband's stepmother. Birgitta wore it to the pre wedding banquet for her brother, as she was senior lady until then.

It seems unlikely Victorua will be queen at the time of the coronation. I do hope she will wear one of the larger pieces like the cameo.

I seriously doubt that will happen as long as her mother is alive. The Braganza is for queens only & as far as I know that was the only time that Louise wore it during her long tenure as crown princess. Although crown princess she was the premier lady of Sweden after her mother in laws death in 1930. Its also one of only two occassions during the Braganzas 150 year long history in Sweden that its been worn outside of the country.

I belive Louise wore the braqanza tiara also a few other's times as Crown Princess. Wasn't one of them the 80th or 90th birthday of her father-in-law. And i think she wore it also when the new King Frederik IX. and Queen Ingrid of Denmark paid a State Visit to Sweden. She wore it also abrioad for a State Visit to France in the 1950's.

I belive Louise wore the braqanza tiara also a few other's times as Crown Princess. Wasn't one of them the 80th or 90th birthday of her father-in-law. And i think she wore it also when the new King Frederik IX. and Queen Ingrid of Denmark paid a State Visit to Sweden. She wore it also abrioad for a State Visit to France in the 1950's.
Really? I had no idea! But still, she did so only because she was the Premier Lady of Sweden.

Back
Top Bottom