Tiara and Jewels guessing for King Charles Coronation

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I also want lots of formal group photos and plenty taken informally at the banquet too. None of this snapshots-in-a-car-as-it-drives-to-the-event business.

And a well-produced, well-designed hard cover book of the whole proceedings.

I don't want much, do I? ?

I fully agree. I've said for a while now that I would spend good money for a really well done hard cover book covering the whole of the coronation from the earliest stages of the planning through the celebrations and ceremonies. Behind the scenes photos, official photos, histories of the positions and regalia, etc. Sounds like a fabulous income generator to me!

Please remember that this thread is about jewels, it is not about fashion. Further posts without a connection to jewelry will get deleted.

Will Princess Beatrix of The Netherlands wear the Dutch Laurel Wreath or the Pearl Button Tiara?

Will Princess Beatrix of The Netherlands wear the Dutch Laurel Wreath or the Pearl Button Tiara?

To my guessing, the last time Princess Beatrix wore the diamond laurel wreath was with Prince Philip back then in the Fifties: picture. Meaning she has not worn the diadem for almost 70 years...

Will Queen Camilla wear the Queen Anne and Queen Caroline Pearl Necklaces?

Will Mary wear the Pearl Poire or Ruby Parures?

Will Mary wear the Pearl Poire or Ruby Parures?

I don't think Mary will wear any of those tiaras until she becomes queen herself.
I think she will wear her ruby parure because that's the most impressive she has at the moment.

I don't think Mary will wear any of those tiaras until she becomes queen herself.
I think she will wear her ruby parure because that's the most impressive she has at the moment.

But the last wearers of the Pearl Poiré at coronations weren't queens

Last edited:
The question better is: will there be any diadem worn by guests in the Abbey? The reception at Buckingham Palace has more chance to see diadems.

The question better is: will there be any diadem worn by guests in the Abbey? The reception at Buckingham Palace has more chance to see diadems.

I agree, it is more likely we will see tiaras and diadems being worn at the BP reception than at the Abbey.

From the The Times:
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...rs-in-her-hair-to-king-s-coronation-pwnts3brm

A coronation would normally be an occasion for female members of the royal family to wear their most dazzling jewellery. However, the Princess of Wales plans to go against expectation at Westminster Abbey on Saturday by not wearing a tiara for the most spectacular royal occasion for 70 years.
Instead it is thought that she is planning to wear a floral headpiece.

The bold and innovative gesture would be a royal first, and bound to disappoint traditionalists looking forward to seeing the finest display of royal jewels for a generation.

:previous: Let us pray The Princess of Wales does not know this article exists.
May Catherine wear a spectacular tiara to her father-in-law's Coronation.

The Times wrote "[...] MAY WEAR", let's see next Saturday.

Oh, FFS - that article is pure tosh at its worst. To quote one part that has me rolling my eyes...

It is also thought that the floral displays in the abbey will be sustainable, using flowers from Britain rather than anything flown in from overseas.
Newsflash - ALL flowers and plants are "sustainable" and choosing to not fly any specific ones in from overseas doesn't really mean much when I'm sure Britain has any number of growers with greenhouses and facilities to produce whatever flowers Charles wants included.

Also, if Catherine (and Charles for that matter) are really concerned with sustainability, then choosing to use fresh flowers for a hair decoration instead of the multitude of tiaras lying about in the palace vault is quite wasteful. Having said that, there is the Strathmore Rose tiara, and I'm sure there are others with floral motifs, that Catherine could use.

If anyone shows up next Saturday with a real floral wreath in her hair, I'd put my money on Princess Charlotte.

Last edited by a moderator:
The most spectacular occasion since the last coronation and no tiara, I hope they aren't phased out.

I’m sure I read an article on their anniversary which was about her wedding tiara and how she nearly didn’t wear a tiara and was favouring a headdress of flowers. I’m convinced this stems from that and is nonsense wedding yes/coronation no. Unless it’s Charlotte?

I prepared myself to see a hat but a fresh flower crown? No, please leave it to Charlotte.

If no tiara, maybe time for Kate to explore using brooch as hair ornament, or even do a "queen mother" or "Sarah Chatto“, wearing a brooch on her hat.

If no tiara, maybe time for Kate to explore using brooch as hair ornament, or even do a "queen mother" or "Sarah Chatto“, wearing a brooch on her hat.

And the bigger the better!

I’m sure I read an article on their anniversary which was about her wedding tiara and how she nearly didn’t wear a tiara and was favouring a headdress of flowers. I’m convinced this stems from that and is nonsense wedding yes/coronation no. Unless it’s Charlotte?

Actually there was a period in which royal brides preferred not to wear a diadem but go for floral headpieces. For an example Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon wore no diadem for her wedding to the Duke of York (later King George VI). For an example Princess Mary, the Princess Royal wore no diadem for her wedding to the Earl of Harewood. Even in the 1980's we saw Princess Astrid of Belgium marrying an Archduke of Austria and going for a floral headpiece despite enough diadems in both her own House as that of her husband. Seems a personal preference, I guess.

I hate it, how they are trying to convince us that it is Kate's very own decision what she's going to wear on her head. She will be adhering to the dress code which was set by others. I use the plural here because I assume that the King did not just go by his personal whims, but discussed the details of the coronation with family, advisors and staff. Catherine can't go against the dress code. If the king wants family members in tiaras, they will wear them. If he wants them with hats, fascinators, flowers or with teddy bears on their heads, they will adhere to this dress code. And this dress code has been set long ago, the ladies will all have assembled their coronation outfit weeks or month ago, with no room for mayor last-minute changes.

Will Princess Stephanie of Baden wear The Baden Sunburst Tiara?

Will Princess Stephanie of Baden wear The Baden Sunburst Tiara?

If the rumors are true that the Princess of Wales is not wearing a tiara, I doubt any other members of the British royal family or other European royal families will either.

Right now my guess is that it will be lounge suits and cocktail dresses for the evening reception and morning dress and hats for the coronation service.

Unfortunately, it's the Times. They don't print things on a whim.

Here's the archive: https://archive.ph/cbNG9

Interestingly this article doesn't mention anything about coronet; not the possibility of the PoW (and other BRF ladies wearing one) nor the fact that (other than tiara) royal ladies wore coronets during TLQ's coronation.

As for the dress code, so I imagine they'll take group photo after the coronation in the Buckingham Palace (most likely in the throne room), then we have group photo of 4 of the monarch and his heir (+spouse) similar to the one they took during the reception of TQ's funeral, but in this case Charles, Camilla, and William are in robes and full regalia while Catherine in coat dress and hat? Wouldn't she look too out of place? Isn't BRF is all about showing united front which include coordinate their attires for group photo?

As for the dress code, so I imagine they'll take group photo after the coronation in the Buckingham Palace (most likely in the throne room), then we have group photo of 4 of the monarch and his heir (+spouse) similar to the one they took during the reception of TQ's funeral, but in this case Charles, Camilla, and William are in robes and full regalia while Catherine in coat dress and hat? Wouldn't she look too out of place? Isn't BRF is all about showing united front which include coordinate their attires for group photo?

Too many news and I didn't follow it too closely, would like to ask is it confirmed that William will wear full regalia and robes as well?

I believe that if the Princess of Wales decided not to use the tiara and instead will go for a floral headpiece. I believe it will not suit her (considering the floral headpiece is made of real flowers) as with her current title, she is expected to be more mature while the floral headpiece will create a childish image of her. I also agree with what has been said by Tilia C., I think that the Princess of Wales should follow the dress code. I fully expected them to be harmonious in their attire to give a sense of union. That might be the reason why the Queen Mother and Princess Margaret wore Norman Hartnell for the late Queen's coronation. I also think that by harmoniously wearing the same types of headpieces (whether floral or tiara) will create a harmonious look, I hope they decked out their safe by using their best diamond, showcasing the significance of this particular event.

If the rumors are true that the Princess of Wales is not wearing a tiara, I doubt any other members of the British royal family or other European royal families will either.

Right now my guess is that it will be lounge suits and cocktail dresses for the evening reception and morning dress and hats for the coronation service.
I dare say that, if Catherine doesn't wear a tiara, nobody else will. The ladies of the BRF know how to follow the dress code, and there won't be different dress codes for different family members. Sadly, I don't expect to see any tiaras during the coronation festivities.

Agree that if none of the British Royal women (apart from Queen Camilla) will wear gemstones in their hair - then noone else will… You don’t outshine the host !

I keep my expectation down to business suit for the reception and morning dress for civilians and uniform for military personel to the service - to get pleasantly surprised if it would turn out to be higher than that

Will Princess Saskia of Hohenlohe-Langenburg wear the Hohenlohe-Langenburg Amethyst Tiara?

Will the Princess of Wales wear The Chelsea Iris Brooch?

Back
Top Bottom