Tiara and Jewels guessing for King Charles Coronation

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At her father-in-law's 1902 coronation, Princess Mary wore the Kensington Bow Brooch and the Women of Hampshire Brooch.
Which brooch might Queen Consort Camilla wear?

The Diamond Cockade Brooch was worn in one way or another by Queen Alexandra in 1902, Queen Mary in 1911, and Queen Elizabeth in 1937 - so that wouldn’t be a surprise.

They have plenty of jewels with close links to Queen Adelaide, Queen Victoria, Queen Alexandra, Queen Mary, Queen Elizabeth and Queen Elizabeth II, so i wouldn’t be surprised to see Queen Camilla wear some item from each of them to show the continuity…

Last edited:
The Diamond Cockade Brooch was worn in one way or another by Queen Alexandra in 1902, Queen Mary in 1911, and Queen Elizabeth in 1937 - so that wouldn’t be a surprise.

They have plenty of jewels with close links to Queen Adelaide, Queen Victoria, Queen Alexandra, Queen Mary, Queen Elizabeth and Queen Elizabeth II, so i wouldn’t be surprised to see Queen Camilla wear some item from each of them to show the continuity…

It would be great to see the Cockade out again.

The Coronation Necklace (Lahore Necklace) has matching earrings.
Might Queen Camilla wear the Coronation earrings?

The Coronation Necklace (Lahore Necklace) has matching earrings.
Might Queen Camilla wear the Coronation earrings?

Queen Camilla does not have pierced ears. The Coronation earrings would have to be re-fitted as clips for her to wear them.

Queen Camilla does not have pierced ears. The Coronation earrings would have to be re-fitted as clips for her to wear them.

Plenty of time for the earrings to be altered for the Queen.

Plenty of time for the earrings to be altered for the Queen.

Sure. She’s the only one who ll be wearing them for the next 10-15 years or more. I think they will be happy to refit them instead of hiding them in the vault.

If still in the family, here are the tiaras that I would like to see at the coronation that has not been seen in a long time:

Queen Adelaide's Fringe tiara

Persian Turquoise tiara

Strathmore tiara

Teck Crescent tiara

And for foreign royals, what would the predictions?

We still do not know if the events around the Coronation would require foreign royals to wear tiaras.

It will depend on the dresscode of the various events: will it be formal day wear (ladies in long with hats, like at the Dutch Investiture which took place around Noon), see picture.

Or wll it be formal evening wear (ladies in long with jewels, like for the banquet at the eve of the Dutch Investiture) see picture.

We know very little but just for fun, my predictions/desires:

Victoria: Connaught Tiara + Pink Topaz Demi-parure.

Mette-Marit: Queen Maud’s Diamond Tiara + rivières and brooch from Sonia + Queen Alexandra’a Necklace earrings.

Mary: Danish Ruby Parure (reduced earrings).

Elisabeth: Vestey Tiara + 18th Bday Necklace or a loaned simple rivière. Earrings from Mathilde. Maybe Fabiola’s Waterfall Brooch.

Catharina-Amalia: Mellerio Ruby Tiara, earrings & brooch + a substantial diamond rivière.

Stephanie (if): Vine Leaf Tiara + big diamond rivière + one diamond rose brooch.

Infanta Elena: Maria Christina Pearl Loop Tiara (why not, even Simoneta has worn it, but am not sure Letizia would lend it easily) + smaller diamond rivière + a brooch from Sofia.

Charlene/Caroline: the Cartier Pearl Drop Tiara (IIRC it belongs to Albert II) + fringe necklace.

Sophie of Liechtenstein: Habsburg Fringe + big floral brooch.

Marie-Chantal: Greek Ruby Parure (on exceptional loan from A-M).

Margarita of Romania: her Greek Key Tiara + her fleur de lys brooch.

Margarita of Bulgaria: nothing.

Katharine of Serbia: her paste tiara.

Last edited:
It will depend on the dresscode of the various events: will it be formal day wear (ladies in long with hats, like at the Dutch Investiture which took place around Noon), see picture.

Or wll it be formal evening wear (ladies in long with jewels, like for the banquet at the eve of the Dutch Investiture) see picture.

Probably it will a white-tie event, with tiaras

Marie-Chantal: Greek Ruby Parure (on exceptional loan from A-M).

No way. If ever an occasion called for a big gun tiara, it's a coronation. MC will wear Queen Sophie's diamond tiara, just because she can.

I also predict:

Crown Princess Akishino in the Diamond Scroll

No way. If ever an occasion called for a big gun tiara, it's a coronation. MC will wear Queen Sophie's diamond tiara, just because she can.

For sure, it’s my favorite tiara.

But still, I’d like to see her in something new. And British Coronations in the past have been moments where Crown Princesses were allowed to wear big guns reserved to Queens only. So, yeah just my fantasy. Anyway MC cannot disappoint.

I highly doubt would the deposed royal house be invited. I could understand if they're invited to wedding or funeral due to personal/family tie, but in my understanding coronation probably is something more formal and diplomatic. Just like in the Netherlands they may invite the former royals to wedding but not to their investiture.

Last edited:
I highly doubt would the deposed royal house be invited. I could understand if they're invited to wedding or funeral due to personal/family tie, but in my understanding coronation probably is something more formal and diplomatic.
I think we could see the same houses invited as during the funeral - representatives of deposed monarchs (Greece, Bulgaria), representatives of the child of deposed monarchs (Italy, Serbia/Yugoslavia, Romania).

I think we could see the same houses invited as during the funeral - representatives of deposed monarchs (Greece, Bulgaria), representatives of the child of deposed monarchs (Italy, Serbia/Yugoslavia, Romania).

Romania and Greece for definite and possibly Serbia too.

I highly doubt would the deposed royal house be invited. I could understand if they're invited to wedding or funeral due to personal/family tie, but in my understanding coronation probably is something more formal and diplomatic. Just like in the Netherlands they may invite the former royals to wedding but not to their investiture.

The BRF has close personal ties with the GRF, so deposed or not, I would be surprised if they weren't invited to the coronation of a cousin they've spent a lot of time with over the years. Both families are godparents to each other's children several times over.

It wouldn’t matter if they were invited because the BRF have invited deposed royals and nobles to coronations before so I don’t see what the issue would be. The late QEII in her coronation had some Indian royalty, and some of the continental European former royalty and nobility so I don’t see what the issue would be? Plus he can invite personal friends

I am curious as to whether Queen Camilla might wear a tiara enroute to the Abbey for the Coronation. Contenders in my mind include the George IV diadem, or perhaps, the Queen Alexandra Kokoshnik.

I am curious as to whether Queen Camilla might wear a tiara enroute to the Abbey for the Coronation. Contenders in my mind include the George IV diadem, or perhaps, the Queen Alexandra Kokoshnik.

I think she will follow the example of Queens Alexandra, Mary and Elizabeth and not wear a tiara.

Could be difficult to remove a tiara during the Service, which would be necessary for the coronation.

I think she will follow the example of Queens Alexandra, Mary and Elizabeth and not wear a tiara.

Could be difficult to remove a tiara during the Service, which would be necessary for the coronation.

Is Camilla going to be crowned for sure?

Maybe Lady Margarita Armstrong Jones will wear the Scroll tiara at the coronation because that is the tiara that her grandmother Princess Margaret wore at Queen Elizabeth II's coronation.

Maybe Lady Margarita Armstrong Jones will wear the Scroll tiara at the coronation because that is the tiara that her grandmother Princess Margaret wore at Queen Elizabeth II's coronation.

That would be a lovely touch but wouldn't it be more likely for Lady Sarah as Margaret's daughter to wear it?

Crown Princess Kiko will wear the Crown Princess Scroll tiara although I wish for Princess Chichibu's secondary tiara (pearl drop tiara). The Chichibu secondary parure was made for King George VI's coronation in 1937.

Albert and Charlene are confirmed to attend. I dislike the Foam and Ocean tiaras so I hope Charlene will wear the Cartier Pearl Drop tiara .

Back
Top Bottom