Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events: 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tilia C.

Former Moderator
City
O
Country
Germany
Welcome to the Tiara and Jewels Guessing Thread for 2022.

The previous thread can be found here.

Last edited by a moderator:
There will be a Belgian state visit to Greece in April. If there will be a tiara event I predict Mathilde will wear the Wolfers tiara.

There will be a Belgian state visit to Greece in April. If there will be a tiara event I predict Mathilde will wear the Wolfers tiara.

I think Mathilde's laurel wreath diadem is the most likely contender: laurel wreath = ancient Greece.

I think Mathilde's laurel wreath diadem is the most likely contender: laurel wreath = ancient Greece.
Good thinking, but the meander base of the 9 provinces would be another option with the same reasoning: meandern patter = Greek key pattern.

Good thinking, but the meander base of the 9 provinces would be another option with the same reasoning: meandern patter = Greek key pattern.

I think it depends also on the dress code. Thinks it fariy low in Greece hopefully it will be at last black tie. Could also see her wearing the Wolfers tiara.

I see the case for the Laurel Wreath or the base of the Nine Provinces with its Greek design themes, or the Wolfers as it may be a black tie event. As the Belgian tiara collection is so small, each of the choices has a 33% chance of being correct!

It has been announced that the postponed Diplomatic reception will take place on 02. March at Windsor. It is hoped that HM can attend.
My guesses are
Queen Elizabeth II. : Girls of Great Britain and Ireland tiara, no Idea about necklaces
Duchess of Cornwall: the boucheron honeycomb tiara and probably one of her pearl chokers
Duchess of Cambridge: Queen Mary's LoversKnot tiara

It has been announced that the postponed Diplomatic reception will take place on 02. March at Windsor. It is hoped that HM can attend.
My guesses are
Queen Elizabeth II. : Girls of Great Britain and Ireland tiara, no Idea about necklaces
Duchess of Cornwall: the boucheron honeycomb tiara and probably one of her pearl chokers

I do hope (but doubt!) Camilla will pull out QEQM's collet necklace she first publicly wore at her 60th birthday in 2007, and last wore publicly in Brunei in 2008.

Would love to see Catherine wear the Nizam of Hyderabad necklace again.

Let's hope that we will get to see some pictures from this event. But I agree with your guess, Stefan. The Queen with her favorite girls tiara and Camilla and Kate with her standard tiaras.

Tough it would be lovely if Camilla were given access to a second tiara, just to celebrate the decision about her future title. It seems that she has access to the Teck crescent tiara. But since she's never worn it, it's probably not to her liking. Let's dig out something else for her!

I do hope (but doubt!) Camilla will pull out QEQM's collet necklace she first publicly wore at her 60th birthday in 2007, and last wore publicly in Brunei in 2008.

Would love to see Catherine wear the Nizam of Hyderabad necklace again.

Anything different then the pearl Chokers for Camilla. Please, they are good for daywear but in the evening i want to see something different.
For Catherine it would also belovely to see her again in Queen Alexandra's Wedding necklace or the greville ruby bandeau necklace.

My guesses for the diplomatic reception:

Queen Elizabeth II: Girls of Great Britain tiara

Camilla: Honeycomb tiara

Kate: Lovers Knot tiara

I don't think there will be big surprises regarding the tiaras (which I wish I am wrong!).

Random guess,
The Queen: GGBI with the three strands diamond necklace from her father and QM's cluster earrings, or the Vlad (emerald) with QV's diamond studs and Delhi Durbar necklace
DoC: The Greville with her usual pearl earrings and choker (I WISH not, this shall be the perfect timing for Camilla to debut something new. A new [to her] tiara from the vault would be great but as mentioned I'm not going to hold such extravagant hope. Maybe the Godman or Greville Emerald necklace? with Flower Earrings from QEQM? or some long-time-unseen brooches? Basically if she debuts anything new, or at least shows up with Marie Louise's brooch again I'd be satisfied. :D)
DoCam: QMLK with the earrings from Diana and QA's pearl necklace (I'm still hoping she will use her wedding tiara again though, even though I don't think she will pick something smaller. I always think the Halo will look great with the Nizam of Hyderabad necklace AND a better updo.)

My guesses are

Looking forward to this as it was always a favourite of mine.

Alas, I read yesterday (and can't find the reference again) that it won't be a tiara event - cocktail dresses and suits.

Understandable that the Queen might not feel up to the full evening dress and tiara (much as she's stopped wearing evening dress and regalia for the Opening of Parliament),

I hope I'm wrong.

Alas, I read yesterday (and can't find the reference again) that it won't be a tiara event - cocktail dresses and suits.

Understandable that the Queen might not feel up to the full evening dress and tiara (much as she's stopped wearing evening dress and regalia for the Opening of Parliament),

I hope I'm wrong.

I do hope you are wrong.

If I am no0t mistaken, the Queen has only not worn formal gowns for the state opening of PArliament either due to the pandemic, or in years where the state opening followed a snap election and there wasn't enough time to organise the full ceremonial. That said, in recent years, she has not worn the Imperial State Crown and instead worn the George IV diadem.

I really wish Princess Sofia wears a different tiara!

I really wish Princess Sofia wears a different tiara!

Me too. And it's not that she doesn't have access to some of the tiaras from the Family foundation.

Me too. And it's not that she doesn't have access to some of the tiaras from the Family foundation.

Once Svenska Dagbladet reported that Prince Carl Philip of "has agreed to let the Galliera inheritance, which consists of an exquisite art collection and a financial fund, pass to his sister Crown Princess Victoria, although the Prince would be the legal inheritor according to the terms laid down by Emperor Napoléon I of the French."

What Galliera possessions remain in the hands of the Swedish royal family, include: "some sixty Italian works," as well as "jewels of the Swedish royal collection." The trust fund that accompanies this inheritance "was worth millions already at the time of the death of King Gustaf VI Adolf in 1973"

So -in exchange- we may expect the future Queen giving her brother a more than generous access to the collection indeed, as he was so graciously beneficial towards her

Once Svenska Dagbladet reported that Prince Carl Philip of "has agreed to let the Galliera inheritance, which consists of an exquisite art collection and a financial fund, pass to his sister Crown Princess Victoria, although the Prince would be the legal inheritor according to the terms laid down by Emperor Napoléon I of the French."

What Galliera possessions remain in the hands of the Swedish royal family, include: "some sixty Italian works," as well as "jewels of the Swedish royal collection." The trust fund that accompanies this inheritance "was worth millions already at the time of the death of King Gustaf VI Adolf in 1973"

So -in exchange- we may expect the future Queen giving her brother a more than generous access to the collection indeed, as he was so graciously beneficial towards her

Actually i would say all the Princesses, also the King's sisters have generous access to the Jewels in the family foundation as we have seen during the 4 royals Wedding. Of course some of the bigger Items like the Leuchtenberg sapphires etc. are still reserved for the use of The Queen.

It is strange, Sofia has worn 4 different tiaras from the Bernadotte collection. But that was only in the period between the old and the new frame of her own tiara. So I don't expect anything but her wedding tiara for her now. The question is: which version? My guess is: the pearls.
The queen with the Connaught tiara would be great. And I'd love to see the amethysts on Victoria once again. But the fringe or her laurel tiara are probably more likely.

The Swedes are far from jewel poor like the Belgians and have plenty to choose from.

There will be an Austrian state visit to Belgium this month. I predict Mathilde will wear the base of the Nine Provinces tiara.

I think that queen Mathilde will wear the wolfers tiara for the Austrian state visit.

I think it will be either the bandeau of the nine provinces tiara or the Wolfers tiara for Queen Mathilde at the austrian State Banquet. Let's hope Princess Astrid and Laurent and Claire will attend too.

I think it will be either the bandeau of the nine provinces tiara or the Wolfers tiara for Queen Mathilde at the austrian State Banquet. Let's hope Princess Astrid and Laurent and Claire will attend too.

Princess/Archduchess Astrid has in the past but its been a long time since we've seen Princess Claire in a tiara.

Princess/Archduchess Astrid has in the past but its been a long time since we've seen Princess Claire in a tiara.

Did they not attend the french State Banquet? At last Laurent did.

Did they not attend the french State Banquet? At last Laurent did.
At the French SV in 2018 both Astrid and Claire attended, both wearing their go-to tiaras. Strangely, at the Luxembourg SV in 2019, neither of them attended and Queen Mathilde was the only one to wear a tiara.

I fear that it will be only Mathilde this time, and my guess for a tiara is the Wolfers.

At the French SV in 2018 both Astrid and Claire attended, both wearing their go-to tiaras. Strangely, at the Luxembourg SV in 2019, neither of them attended and Queen Mathilde was the only one to wear a tiara.

I fear that it will be only Mathilde this time, and my guess for a tiara is the Wolfers.

The luxemburgian State Visit was not an incoming beblian one but an outoging one to Luxembourg so it is normal that Astrid and Claire did not attend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom