Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 5: 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any state visits planned?

King Felipe and Q.Letizia may visit Morocco on February 13/14. I doubt we will see a Tiara, maybe a Joyas debut-but this would be alot.

I think the swedish royals host an annual Government Dinner inFebruary/March- The President of Peru will pay a state visit to Spain end of February

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing what jewellery Catherine chooses to wear to the BAFTAs on 10 February. I am hoping for QEQMs sapphire and diamond fringe earrings, but on the other hand, would not be averse to see the Nizam necklace being used again.

For the BAFTAs I'd love to see the Greville Ruby Necklace again with a deep red gown and the long earings loaned from HM.

King Felipe and Q.Letizia may visit Morocco on February 13/14. I doubt we will see a Tiara, maybe a Joyas debut-but this would be alot.

I think the swedish royals host an annual Government Dinner inFebruary/March- The President of Peru will pay a state visit to Spain end of February

The swedish Riksdag Supper for the new members of the Riksdag (Parliament), the Government and representative from the Riksdag's management hasn't traditionally been a tiara event.

The swedish Riksdag Supper for the new members of the Riksdag (Parliament), the Government and representative from the Riksdag's management hasn't traditionally been a tiara event.

There was an official dinner for diplomatic corps, the Riksdag, the Swedish Government (and more) every spring, usually February/March

2018 (it was quite late in may)
https://www.kungahuset.se/royalcour...aceofstockholm.5.403439b31635e3ea21ca380.html

2017-
https://www.kungahuset.se/royalcour...laceofstockholm.5.73a5feee15af50049ff1d6.html

2016-
https://www.kungahuset.se/royalcour...aceofstockholm.5.62bcead5151c413603e1d08.html

2015-
https://www.kungahuset.se/royalcour...laceofstockholm.5.618dea114acd4fc12a1bba.html

2014-
https://www.kungahuset.se/royalcour...laceofstockholm.5.602035f01446f078fa8a47.html

Last edited:

I belive she meant a Representation Dinner. It should be time for the first of those for the year soon in March or April.

The Parliament Supper is as you say a Black Tie Dinner without tiaras. Under King Gustaf VI Adolf it was a White Tie Dinner with tiaras but it has since been changed to Black Tie. I wonder if they will have one at all this time as it took 4 months to form a government ��

For the BAFTAs I'd love to see the Greville Ruby Necklace again with a deep red gown and the long earings loaned from HM.

That would be great. However, much as I would love to see the Greville Ruby and Diamond bandeau necklace out again, I think that she and the Queen may prefer to see her use it for State occasions, especially as the Queen has used the necklace herself recently, after Kate used it in 2017.

That would be great. However, much as I would love to see the Greville Ruby and Diamond bandeau necklace out again, I think that she and the Queen may prefer to see her use it for State occasions, especially as the Queen has used the necklace herself recently, after Kate used it in 2017.

Orn the ruby neckalce she wore quiet soon after the marriage and from which not much could be seen because of her hair. Would nice to get better pics from this one.

Orn the ruby neckalce she wore quiet soon after the marriage and from which not much could be seen because of her hair. Would nice to get better pics from this one.

Indeed, would be good to see that again. In fact, I would be delighted to see that black velvet strap less dress out again from c2011!

There will be a state visit from Peru to spain next week. I would like to see the Shell or her own Ansorena Pearl Tiara. But i think we will see the Floral again. Besides the Tiara i hope to see different earrings then the Joyas or her Pearl.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Floral tiara again it suits Letizia perfectly.

I think Letizia will wear the Cartier pearl tiara.

I simply adore the Shell tiara so I am hoping for that one.

Would be nice to see her again in the Shell tiara or her own fleur-de-lys tiara. And perhaps the pearl necklace from the joys-de-passar but i think that is asking too much

I'm not a particular fan of Letizia's diamond Fleur-de-lys tiara ,I don't like the current design of it.

I'm not a particular fan of Letizia's diamond Fleur-de-lys tiara ,I don't like the current design of it.
It's also not much to my tate but we have seen worn it only once so far.

It would be great to see her in one of the larger Diamond and Pearl tiaras.

Great to have a State Visit at such short notice! I think don't think that Letizia is going to wear one of the three big tiaras. My guess is the floral tiara, which is lovely. But still, I'd love to see her with the shell tiara again.

Great to have a State Visit at such short notice! I think don't think that Letizia is going to wear one of the three big tiaras. My guess is the floral tiara, which is lovely. But still, I'd love to see her with the shell tiara again.

I agree with you! Leti might have another Tiara events this year she may wear her big Tiaras (France state visit,Japan inauguration)

Its also not my favourite but after all her "Floral" appearances Im happy to something different! I also would like to see the Prussian at some point (also not a favourite)

Its also not my favourite but after all her "Floral" appearances Im happy to something different! I also would like to see the Prussian at some point (also not a favourite)

I agree, the "new" FdL may not be the best design, but I think it is a good one for Letitia to bring into regular rotation.

The Prussian tiara would be ideal as starter tiara for Leonor or Sofia in a few years!

As for the inauguration in Japan this year, has it been confirmed, that there will be a gala event with international guests? I assume there will be, but you can't be sure unless the the events are announced. (Sorry, I didn't follow the threads about the abdication and inauguration closely.)

That would be a great event for her to don one of her bigger tiaras again. As for the new fleur-de-lys tiara, I think that Letizia prefers to leave it to events of a more private character, like birthdays. So far, she has only worn it at a birthday gala for Queen Margrethe.

If I remember correctly the inauguration of the present Emperor and Empress wasn't attended by other reigning Monarchs, but by heirs [or other high ranking representatives].

I know that is the usual practice in 'the west', and think it also stands in Japan.
If so the Queen of Spain will not be there. Not sure who the Spaniards will send [having SO Tiny a Royal family, and a very young Princess of the Asturias]
Possibly Queen Sofia...

Last edited:
If I remember correctly the inauguration of the present Emperor and Empress wasn't attended by other reigning Monarchs, but by heirs [or other high ranking representatives.

I know that is the usual practice in 'the west', and think it also stands in Japan.
If so the Queen of Spain will not be there. Not sure who the Spaniards will send [having SO Tiny a Royal family, and a very young Princess of the Asturias]
Possibly the Dowager Queen...
It's correct that Western protocol dictates that a reigning monarch never attends a coronation or enthronement ceremony. During the 20th century the British Royal family changed that practice, initially as a consequence of the abdication crisis, and Queen Mary, Queen Elizabeth and Queen Maude all took part in the the coronation of their son, daughter and nephew.

My theory for Japanese Inauguration guests, and potential tiaras
  • Charles & Camilla- Honeycomb Tiara
  • Frederik & Mary- Ruby Tiara
  • Haakon & Mette Marit - Probably the Daisy but I hope for the Amethysts
  • Victoria & Daniel - Baden Fringe
  • either Princess Beatrix or Queen Maxima in the Wurttemberg Pearl (Bea due to being most senior adult besides the King & Queen, Maxima for her closeness to Masako)
  • Either Queen Paola in her diamond bandeau, Princess Astrid in the Savoy-Aosta tiara, or (pipe dream) Elisabeth in the Laurel Wreath
  • Queen Sofia - Cartier Diamand & Pearl Tiara
  • HGD Guillaume & Stephanie - Chaumet Chocker Tiara
  • Princess Caroline of Monaco- Cartier Pearl Drop Tiara

If I remember correctly the inauguration of the present Emperor and Empress wasn't attended by other reigning Monarchs, but by heirs [or other high ranking representatives].

Possibly Queen Sofia...

Yes you are right usually no reign monarchs attend a coronation/inauguartion of another monarch but i can remember at Akihitos inauguration 1990, reign monarchs attented a gala dinner. like the swedish King&Queen, Danish Queen&Prince Consort, GD of Luxembourg. Maybe we will see reign monarchs at Naruhitos inauguartion too. Its just a guess:whistling:

I guess not the right Threat but there is a threat for akihitos coronation
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f68/the-enthronement-ceremony-of-the-emperor-of-japan-4721.html

Actually quiet a few reigingin Couples attended the coronation in 1990 among them-King Baudouin and Queen Fabiola,Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik, KIng Carl Gustaf and Queen Sivlia.

As for the inauguration in Japan this year, has it been confirmed, that there will be a gala event with international guests? I assume there will be, but you can't be sure unless the the events are announced. (Sorry, I didn't follow the threads about the abdication and inauguration closely.)

Apparently there will be seveal Court Dinners among the coronation so it is liekly there will be one with the foreign Royals attending. There was at last one Gala Dinner in 1990 where the foreign royals where present.

Last edited:
On March 5 the Queen will host a reception at Buckingham Palace to mark the 50th Anniversary of the Investiture of The Prince of Wales. In attendance? Charles, Camilla, Harry, Meghan, Kate, William and Princess Anne. Expect white tie!

Since it is going to be a white tie event, expect the blings aka tiaras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom