Royal Replicas

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Heather

City
Newport
Country
United States
Does anyone one know where to get replicas of the royal jewels?
I really would like the real thing but I guess until Wills knocks on my door, I will have to settle for costume jewels.

Thanks,
Heather in Maine

replicas

Heather said:
Does anyone one know where to get replicas of the royal jewels?
I really would like the real thing but I guess until Wills knocks on my door, I will have to settle for costume jewels.

Thanks,
Heather in Maine

You can try this site:
http://www.countalexander.com/shop.shtml
But still, they don't come cheap.

Harrod's in London also has some replicas of the QEII's "Girls of Britain tiara" and the Princess Diana's "Lover's Knot tiara". Unfortunately, you'll have to buy it in person since it's not on their website.

Hope this helps.

-ayvee

Thank You so much! This site an amazing collection of reproductions of the older Royals. But I was hoping to find some of the later Crown Jewels.
Like Diana's, Sarah's and QE. What a hoot it is to just browse.
I have a duplicate of Lady Di engagement ring that is with CZs and a Topaz! Also own a fake Jennifer Lopez Pink diamond.
Here is where I got those...
www.emitations.com

Last edited by a moderator:
mirrjam said:
I have got one with maxima's ring
http://www.telemasters.nl/shop/home.php?cat=1109
scroll down..
and I don't think that is expensive...

Wow Mirrjam... I'm almost tempted to get one of each - except J. Lo's and Britney's and Camilla's... I think it's cheap but I'll have to look at exchange rates and shipping :) Thanks for the link ;)

Thanks for the link! I love Maxima's ring!

I adore the replica of Sophie's necklace! I am a big pearl lover. :D

Does anyone know where I could find a replica of CP Mathilde's laurel leaf tiara? I love the classic simplicity of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tiara replicas

Does anyone know of sources where one might buy replicas of Princess Diana's Spencer tiara and the Cambridge Love Knot Tiara from the Royal Collection. I would prefer only quality sources that have the best replicas.

The Spencer tiara doesn't look very similar (I haven't seen any that are similar), but some of the others look pretty good, for those of us who don't have a real one locked up at home! :flowers:

Princess Mary jewelry replica that I have completed for different clients within the last 8 months:

aventurinenecklace.jpg

blackpearldropnecklace.jpg

rosequartznecklace.jpg

maryaquamarine.jpg

teardrop.jpg

aquamarineearrings.jpg

diamonddangle.jpg

Best wishes,

Ayvee

Best replica I've seen so far

Does anyone know of sources where one might buy replicas of Princess Diana's Spencer tiara and the Cambridge Love Knot Tiara from the Royal Collection. I would prefer only quality sources that have the best replicas.
I came across this copy while researching tiaras for a friend's wedding:
Princess Diana Wedding Tiara
They also have the rhinestone replica seen on most websites but this one is better. Of course, you may be looking for an even better copy but at least this one isn't as bad as some "replicas" I've seen.

Last edited:
That is the best replica of the Spencer tiara that I have seen! WOW.

I agree, that is a pretty good replica -- and not at a bad price!

I hate to rain on anybody's parade but this just will not do. I for one insist on the real thing or no thing. Yes I know you would look absolutely fabulous in the Princess Vladimir tiara with the Cambridge emeralds, I would look fabulous in it too or better still the Iranian aigrette with the 60 carat emerald in the center. but if these were of cut glass or austrian crystals or could be gotten at WallMart, God forbid, it would just destroy the magic. And you see that is what all of this is about: magic. White magic that is.

And part of the magic is that it is unattainable in real life but we can all sit here and with or without chocolate ice cream, which unfortunately is all too attainable, we can drool and go into bliss and be happy. But having faux jewels, although some of the designs for the Princess Mary copies are lovely, No, NO No. It would be such a disappointment. Knowing that I were wearing what for better or worse are glass falssies.

I personally dream of appearing in nothing but a loin cloth or thong if you will lined with diamonds, emeralds, sapphires and pearls all highlighted at the right spots with rubies and dripping with so many jewels that nobody will notice the bandaids on the exposed portions of my thong. I mean really, these Indian maharajas were enough to beat the band. But if these goodies were of cut glass, austrian crystals or surplus automobile glass from China it would just ruin everything and I would rightly be arrested for indecent and even worse disgusting exposure and but lucky if they merely carted me off to a home.

So dear people go back to dreaming about the real thing. Cheers.

Thomas, I love your posts--and I must ask--have you overindulged with the chocolates again???? Ahhh. I quite agree with you--if it isn't real, what's the point? Had my hubby given me a nice cut piece of glass when he proposed (instead of the stunning diamond set in platinum that I picked out!) I would have been horrified! What makes these royal gems so magnificant is not just the stones (although they are a HUGE part of it)--no, it is the history of the pieces. I can tell you all about all of Queen Mary's baubles, and talk about it for long periods of time. I say Queen Mary because in my opinion, she was the best of them all when it came to gems.
THat being said, and getting back to the topic of "Royal Replicas"--I will have to say once again, that even though it ain't the real deal (at all), that replica of the Spencer Tiara is the best one I've seen online. Normally the design is all wrong. I can appreciate that someone worked diligently to get it right. Would I buy it? No--I'd rather have something real. Thomas, you once suggested to me that my hubby have my local jeweler make me a tiara of silver and semi-precious stones (like aquamarines) and then I could wear it around the house. That is not a bad idea--everyone needs a tiara. Elton John has one, why can't I?

Dear JBCcode 99,

Delighted to from you. You will kindly pardon my usual quota of typos. That is because I have not been eating enough chocolate icecream. As for gems that would be acceptable why not try topaz, or aquamarine, white sapphires or my favorite, which are not all that expensie, amethysts. I went gem stone hunting up in North Carolina and got a lovely deep purple amethyst and had it carved and set for all told about 100 dollars. It is quite a hunk and very beautiful. Of course with the Spencer tiara I can understand, but could you really appear in public with such a thing knowing that it was austrian crystal and silver plate??? That I think would be a bit much. cheers.

Spencer tiara replica - excellent!

I have purchased the Spencer tiara replica from Glamgal.com (there are two offered - a cheap looking reproduction and a more expensive, beautifully crafted replica) Of course I purchased the best of the two. I am very pleased with this product. To place it upon my head was such a happy feeling - no its not real, but what I felt was priceless. I am very happy to have a collection of replicas! Imagination is a wonderful thing which allows me to visit a world of royalty with no strings attached. To place such restrictions of only having "the real jewels" would deprive me of the joy of the dream of being royal!

Oh yea- we can buy everybody's favorite tiara, the Burmese Ruby! I'm sure Thomas will want one... However, I'll take one of the Boucheron copies, and a copy of the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland :queen4:

Glad you enjoyed it!

I'd happily take a copy of the Dagmar Necklace. (Although I know that all of us would do justice to the real things.) :)

Calling them 'replicas' is somewhat ambitious. 'Tacky takeoffs' seems more appropriate. :ohmy:

Many are indeed "tacky-take-offs!" However, one can research as I have done and find a beautifully designed replica for one's memorabilia collection. It took me over 8 years to find one adequate enough to call a true replica.

Back
Top Bottom