Princess Eugenie of York's Wedding Tiara

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

soapstar

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
Hermosa Beach
Country
United States
Eugenie_zps69f08b5b.png

Arms of HRH Princess Eugenie of York

The Wedding of
Princess Eugenie of York and Mr Jack Brooksbank

The Bridal Tiara

Greville Emerald Kokoshnik Tiara

Last edited:
No tiara either? Or maybe just hidden in her hair

Is the bride wearing the emerald tiara of empress Maria Feodorovna ir is it a new one?

How lovely that the tiara co-ordinates with the green of her mother and the flowergirls

Is that the sapphire bandeau she's wearing? Goodness, that's surprising! When we all thought the the Brit Royals don't do coloured stones in wedding tiaras.

Queen Mary's Sapphire Bandeau!
Edit: Nope

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Eugenie's Wedding Dress

Eugenies tiara: Eugenie looks stunning in the Greville Emerald Kokoshnik tiara - also known as the Boucheron tiara - which was left to the Queen Mother by a Mrs Greville/

PHOTO:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think she looks gorgeous! Surprised by the tiara.

Stunning dress. She looks lovely. How nice that she is wearing one of her grandmother's tiaras.

What a lovely surprise! If she is to wear only few tiaras in her life, best make it a special, rarely seen one.

Such an amazing surprise. The tiara is stunning.

That tiara looks AMAZING in her hair!

I'm loving that the Queen is loaning out some of her less-frequently seen tiaras to the younger generations!

Jewellery
Princess Eugenie is wearing the Greville Emerald Kokoshnik Tiara, lent to her by Her Majesty The Queen. The tiara was made by Boucheron for Mrs Greville in 1919 in the fashionable ‘kokoshnik’ style popularised in the Russian Imperial Court.

The tiara is made of brilliant and rose cut diamonds pavé set in platinum, with six emeralds on either side. The tiara was bequeathed by Mrs Greville to Queen Elizabeth in 1942.

Princess Eugenie is wearing diamond and emerald drop ear-rings which are a Wedding gift from the Groom.

https://www.royal.uk/wedding-prince...ksbank-wedding-dress-and-bridal-party-outfits

That's the surprise of the day! This tiara has never before been seen worn by any member of the royal family. It was rumoured to be in the vault, but nobody new for certain. And now it's there! Can't wait to see better pictures.

Yay, all along I was team tiara from the vaults, so Eugenie wouldn't wear the same tiara as Beatrice.

There were a lot of people in the tiara speculation thread who fiercely wanted the York tiara, and they're probably annoyed right now. But I really think Eugenie made the best choice for herself.

Last edited:
Totally worth getting up in the middle of the night on the West Coast to see this tiara!

What a wonderful surprise indeed. I had no idea that this tiara existed. It is absolutely beautiful.

The earrings that Jack gave her are just stunning! Perfect touch to go with the tiara!

The tiara is really a nice surprise. Good to see long not worn peaces coming out of the Vaults. Actually i think it is to stunning to gather in the Vaults and find it a pity that it was never worn by the Queen or Queen Mum with ther other emeralds. There is also a stunning ermerald necklace left to the Queen Mum by Mrs. Greville. But is hasn't been worn by the Queen since she inherited it from her Mother.

Yes, wonderful indeed! And I really don't understand why that beauty of a tiara had been in the vault for generations. The Queen mother had it since she received the honeycomb tiara, which also is a Greville heirloom. I'm glad to finally see this tiara.

Yes, wonderful indeed! And I really don't understand why that beauty of a tiara had been in the vault for generations. The Queen mother had it since she received the honeycomb tiara, which also is a Greville heirloom. I'm glad to finally see this tiara.
Mind bogling indeed. Meghan and Eugenie both chose pieces that have been unworn for decades, and what tremendous pieces that were, figuratively, gathering dust in the vaults.

Nice surprise on the tiara. Probably holding back the York tiara for Beatrice.

I actually now hope Beatrice will also go for an unworn, and unseen one and leave the York tiara for future daughters of Eugenie and Beatrice.

Ooooooh I like it. Two rare tiara's back to back.

Honestly, I'm not sure that there was any holding back. I'm sure if Eugenie had wanted to wear Sarah's tiara, she would have done so. And, given that HM The Queen seems to be gladly loaning out tiaras that have been unseen for decades, I'm not sure I expect that Beatrice will wear the York tiara for her wedding day whenever it comes.

Back
Top Bottom