The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-20-2018, 01:47 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I am waiting to see, if she continues to wear it, if they change the stone out with a colored stone (depending on event) or a different diamond brooch.

Seeing as how the tiara was made in the 30's I guess it could be considered old fashioned...but IMO these art deco pieces generally are always 'modern'.

LaRae
If this ends up being the only tiara Megan uses, you may see the central brooch bring swapped from time to time to match other coloured jewellery (aquamarines, amethysts, emeralds. ...) she may use

Old 05-20-2018, 02:01 PM
Nobility

Quote:
If you wear it maybe twice a year and it goes with most everything what's to be bored with?

LaRae
The tiara?

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
That does not seem to bother the Duchess of Cornwall.
I think the Duchess of Cornwall has at least three tiaras at her disposal right now and in the future it will be even more. Her situation is vastly different than Meghan's.

I just don't expect her to wear only this tiara for her whole life. It's that simple.

Old 05-20-2018, 02:04 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fem View Post
The tiara?

I think the Duchess of Cornwall has at least three tiaras at her disposal right now and in the future it will be even more. Her situation is vastly different than Meghan's.

I just don't expect her to wear only this tiara for her whole life. It's that simple.
You may not expect her to wear one tiara for the rest of her life, but frankly that does not matter.

Camulla may have 3 tiaras, but she largely only uses 1.
Old 05-20-2018, 02:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
to bother the Duchess of Cornwall.
Why would it ? one day [as Queen] she will have extensive choice...
Old 05-20-2018, 02:08 PM
Nobility

Quote:
You may not expect her to wear one tiara for the rest of her life, but frankly that does not matter.

Time will tell.
Old 05-20-2018, 02:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

Yes by choice. Not because she only has the one option to wear. There is a difference. Camilla has 2 she wears commonly, though the 2nd is from her own family and not from the royals. The Cubit-shand tiara she tends to wear to smaller scale event, things like the diplomatic dinner at times. But she has four tiaras to her name. The teck crescent which she has never worn, and the Delhi Dubar which she only wore once.

Camilla is of an age where she likes comfort, and regularity. We see it in her fashion choices. And seems she does the same with the tiaras.
Old 05-20-2018, 05:40 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:

Do we see Anne or Sophie wearing multiple tiaras? That would give us a good indicator of whether or not Meghan will be wearing different tiaras over the years.
Old 05-20-2018, 05:47 PM
Aristocracy

Sophie has worn at least 4 that I can recall - 1. the wedding monstrosity 2. the buttons tiara 3. the aquamarine one 4. the Five aquamarine tiara.

IMO Anne is not a good comparison to Meghan as she is the Monarch's daughter and so would have inherited jewels directly from the QM as well as the Queen is likely more liberal when it comes to lending to her.
Old 05-20-2018, 07:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Both Sarah and Diana only wore one tiara of royal provenance while they were members of the Royal Family, and they were “higher ranked” than Sophie. In the short run, I don’t expect Meghan to wear more than one tiara, but it may not be her wedding tiara.
Old 05-20-2018, 07:16 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Both Sarah and Diana only wore one tiara of royal provenance while they were members of the Royal Family, and they were “higher ranked” than Sophie. In the short run, I don’t expect Meghan to wear more than one tiara, but it may not be her wedding tiara.
Actually, and I think this emphasizes your point, Sarah wore no tiaras of royal provenance, the York Diamond Tiara was newly bought and is not from the royal vaults.
Old 05-20-2018, 07:22 PM
Moderator Emeritus

I wouldn't call Sarah "higher ranked" than Sophie - both married younger sons of the monarch. Further, Sarah was only married for 6 years before she and Andrew separated and she stopped doing public engagements on behalf of the Queen, so she's not a good comparison.
Old 05-20-2018, 07:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalHighness 2002 View Post
Actually, and I think this emphasizes your point, Sarah wore no tiaras of royal provenance, the York Diamond Tiara was newly bought and is not from the royal vaults.
I am fully aware of that, but, since it was a wedding gift from the Royal Family to her , I consider it of royal provenance too. Royal provenance in the sense I used doesn’t mean that the RF owned it before, but rather that the tiara didn’t come from their own families like the Spencer’ or the Shand iaras.
Old 05-20-2018, 07:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Yes, she had an aquamarine and pearl bracelet she wore with the ring.
https://princessdianabookboutique.wo...-bracelet-set/

Yes, an aquamarine brooch would be a nice addition.

I thought Meghan may get Diana's emeralds since Kate seems to have the sapphires, but it seems perhaps Meghan will be an aquamarine girl.
I'm sure she can be be a multi-stone girl. Diana had a lot of jewelry due to her wedding being a full state wedding and the fact that jewels received on state visits were considered personal jewels at that time.
Old 05-20-2018, 07:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
I wouldn't call Sarah "higher ranked" than Sophie - both married younger sons of the monarch. Further, Sarah was only married for 6 years before she and Andrew separated and she stopped doing public engagements on behalf of the Queen, so she's not a good comparison.
Sarah married the Queen’s second son. Sophie married the third son. If Sarah had stayed married to Andrew, she would outrank Sophie when both their husbands were present.
Old 05-20-2018, 07:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I don't think they are good comparisons. The Wales' marriage was troubled from very early on and the York marriage was only for 6 years, and I imagine things were bad for awhile before they separated. The York tiara had no royal provenance and it was only bought for her after she borrowed it from the jeweler.

The Queen has seemed to be more generous with loaning of jewels in recent years than she did back then.
Old 05-20-2018, 08:16 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
If I am not mistaken, Harry did attend last year. And even if he did not, I would expect him & Meghan to start attending regularly now. It is a large event, and needs to have a reasonable contingent of Windsors to cover the guests. So I suspect you will see the 7 main players (HM, C&C. W&C, H&M), plus the other chikdren of the Queen and their spouses.

Harry attended the Spanish State Dinner last summer (not the December Diplomatic Dinner). I do, however, agree with you that we may begin to see the Duke & Duchess of Sussex at more of these events, particularly a diplomatic one since the Sussexes are going to be working with the CW countries. I'm not entirely sure who attends the Dec. Diplomatic Dinner, but I would think that networking with those diplomats (assuming they are not solely British) would be helpful for the Sussexes in their future CW roles.

I loved her wedding tiara. I think the intricacy of it went well with the simple dress. As someone else mentioned upthread, I think the art deco style fits Meghan's aesthetic (and goes well with her new wedding bracelet/earrings). I'm not sure I'd like the tiara with a colored stone for the center brooch area, but I'm happy to wait and see. I'm hoping in the future that she'll have access to at least a few other tiaras as Kate and Sophie have. I also like that the center piece detaches into a brooch - I'd love to see her wearing the brooch soon.

For me, I use Sophie as the bar that Meghan should be - at the least - equal to, in terms of tiaras or jewels. Sophie has been seen in 4 tiaras, so IMO, Meghan would/should work up to this number over the years.
Old 05-20-2018, 08:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

When I look at close ups of her round Cartier earrings they very much match the tiara ..it makes me think they were created to work with the tiara too..even though she wore them prior to the wedding.

LaRae
Old 05-20-2018, 08:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Gudgeon View Post
Harry attended the Spanish State Dinner last summer (not the December Diplomatic Dinner). I do, however, agree with you that we may begin to see the Duke & Duchess of Sussex at more of these events, particularly a diplomatic one since the Sussexes are going to be working with the CW countries. I'm not entirely sure who attends the Dec. Diplomatic Dinner, but I would think that networking with those diplomats (assuming they are not solely British) would be helpful for the Sussexes in their future CW roles.

I loved her wedding tiara. I think the intricacy of it went well with the simple dress. As someone else mentioned upthread, I think the art deco style fits Meghan's aesthetic (and goes well with her new wedding bracelet/earrings). I'm not sure I'd like the tiara with a colored stone for the center brooch area, but I'm happy to wait and see. I'm hoping in the future that she'll have access to at least a few other tiaras as Kate and Sophie have. I also like that the center piece detaches into a brooch - I'd love to see her wearing the brooch soon.

I think I would like it with a pale aquamarine or an amethyst stone as central element. I don’t think it would look so good with a single ruby.
Old 05-20-2018, 08:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

A aquamarine to match her gift from Harry...the ring and bracelet. Put a matching aquamarine brooch in the center of the tiara.

LaRae
Old 05-20-2018, 09:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
A aquamarine to match her gift from Harry...the ring and bracelet. Put a matching aquamarine brooch in the center of the tiara.

LaRae
She would look amazing at her next tiara event in a beautiful sleek evening gown, with the aquamarine bracelet on her wrist, and the tiara with an aquamarine broach in it.

I get the feeling, maybe wrong, she may turn into similar to Letizia in style. Mainly the clean, professional, straight lines look (with the odd exception), and minimalistic jewelry. Though I hope we will see more jewelry on the right occasion, Letizia is a bit too sparing.

Tags
meghan markle, prince harry, prince harry of wales, tiara, wedding