Meghan Markle: Future Tiaras and Jewels

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
is this so?

Absolutely NOT ! All Royal Women who attend State banquets wear a Tiara, no matter their position in the line of Succession.

Not so...if Meghan wants to wear a tiara she will be given options of one of the family tiara's or possible one purchased/made for her.

LaRae

The only situation that a lady can't wear a tiara in a state banquet is she and her family doesn't have one. I think there is no protocol that forbid ladies with lower rank to wear tiara, as long as you have a tiara you can wear it even if you don't have any title. Meghan will be a member of Windsor so her family will lend her one.

i have read that because Meghan, soon to be the wife of Prince Harry, who is ONLY a grandson, NOT a son of the Queen, nor the future King like his brother William, if ever at a state dinner Meghan would NOT be allowed a tiara . . . is this so?

Put it this way: Princess Michael is the wife of Prince Michael, who is the grandson of George V. Princess Michael regularly attends state dinners wearing either the Kent Festoon Tiara (which actually would be my favourite tiara except for the row of pearls added to the bottom) or the Kent City of London Fringe Tiara.

There’s so many tiaras in the Royal Collection that haven’t seen the light of day in many years. So, of course, Meghan could surprise us by dusting something off and make it her own.

Hmmm not likely, I realize it's your hope....generally they don't wear colored stones in wedding tiaras from what I understand and from what we know Meghan is not a fan of colored stones anyway.

LaRae

I don't see her wearing color stones. Besides it belongs to the Linleys.

I figure she'll go diamonds...I'm hoping to see pearls too but probably not likely!

LaRae

Hmmm not likely, I realize it's your hope....generally they don't wear colored stones in wedding tiaras from what I understand and from what we know Meghan is not a fan of colored stones anyway.

LaRae
This is the Future Jewels thread, not the Wedding Jewels thread. :flowers: I agree that turquoises are not likely to be worn at the wedding. But in the long run, a coloured stone tiara can't be ruled out. But this one? It was a present from QEQM to Princess Margaret, it was not sold as part of the auction after her death. There is no way of knowing, if it made it's way back to the Royal vault after Princess Margaret's death. The Snowdon's might have kept it, so that Lady Snowdon will have something to wear at future Coronations.

That said, I think that the turquoise tiara would look smashing on Meghan! I'd love to see it worn again.

Oh duh...sorry I saw tiara and thought wedding!

LaRae

It's gorgeous though can could be made into a pendant for a necklace etc.

LaRae

It depends if any of those were 'personal gifts'. The ones that were given on a tour, may have been Diana's for her use, but they would belong to state. We don't know which of those jewels you mention may actually be Diana's. ..

In Diana's day the royal family did not have to report the jewels received as gifts on tours and they could keep them.

William and Harry would have inherited pretty much everything seen at this website, excepting of course, things like the Spencer tiara, etc...:

http://www.dianasjewels.net/

Last edited:
Camilla would 'wear it best' I think...

https://www.marieclaire.com.au/this-is-the-only-non-neutral-colour-meghan-markle-will-wear

As many posters have said here before, MM is a neutrals girl with the exception of those beautiful shades of emerald and hunter green that she seems to embrace.

It's funny that her love for this colour is so pronounced as I remember before the engagement, sources were speculating that Harry would be giving her an emerald engagement ring made from Diana's iconic choker. I think it would be nice if Meghan makes this her signature shade, similar to the way Kate is always wearing shades of blue. It would also be nice if she inherited Diana's emerald jewelry.

Diana's emerald jewelry.

Not convinced the late Princess of Wales had much significant Emerald jewellery beyond the one choker from the 'Durbar' parure which was returned to the Crown after the Divorce ? I can only remember a small pair of earrings that had Green stones [interchangeable with Red ones]. Presumably Emerald and Ruby.
No Brooches, just one bracelet, but no necklaces using Emeralds that I can recall...

Although I agree that Stone would be an excellent 'signature' choice..
The Royal collection has MANY Emerald pieces that are either rarely or never worn, so there would be no dearth of choice.

Last edited:
I don't think Diana wore much in the way of emeralds except that famous choker.

LaRae

https://www.marieclaire.com.au/this-is-the-only-non-neutral-colour-meghan-markle-will-wear

As many posters have said here before, MM is a neutrals girl with the exception of those beautiful shades of emerald and hunter green that she seems to embrace.

It's funny that her love for this colour is so pronounced as I remember before the engagement, sources were speculating that Harry would be giving her an emerald engagement ring made from Diana's iconic choker. I think it would be nice if Meghan makes this her signature shade, similar to the way Kate is always wearing shades of blue. It would also be nice if she inherited Diana's emerald jewelry.

I always thought Kate should have Diana's sapphire jewelry, since she received the engagement ring.

Then Meghan should have everything else.

That seemed a fair division, since of course Kate will have access to the vaults.

(I think the green as Meghan's signature color is a great idea). :flowers:

I don't know if Meghan likes colored stones. She's not really worn any except once I saw her wearing those opal earrings.

LaRae

I always thought Kate should have Diana's sapphire jewelry, since she received the engagement ring.

Then Meghan should have everything else.

That seemed a fair division, since of course Kate will have access to the vaults.

(I think the green as Meghan's signature color is a great idea). :flowers:

Not convinced all the sapphire will go to Kate as Diana had two parures. And Kate has worn some of Diana's other jewelry. Sapphire is in no way only associated with Diana or Kate. If anyone in the BRF that has a affinity for sapphire, that's Princess Anne as both of her engagement rings included the stone. What I would eventually like to see is Meghan be loaned the Sapphire Bandeau and pair that with some of Diana's sapphire jewels.

I would imagine some of Diana's jewelry will be reserved for the children (of both boys) too and really the wives may not even like all of Diana's stuff...and only pick specific pieces. Which I think is partly why we haven't seen Kate wearing a lot of it.

I think Meghan will gravitate toward the diamonds, since that appears to be her favorite stone.

LaRae

It appears Diana's emerald jewelery was indeed limited as Wyevale pointed out but she did have some emerald pieces that are not so familiar:

http://www.dianasjewels.net/Earrings/PaveEarrings-Necklace1.jpg

Larger picture of earrings here - http://www.dianasjewels.net/Earrings/dianagreen.jpg

http://www.dianasjewels.net/Earrings/dim0702.jpg

http://www.dianasjewels.net/Earrings/dianagreen.jpg

So that's 6 pieces total -
the emerald choker
the emerald and diamond necklace
the POW Feather pendant necklace with a cabochon emerald drop.
the large emerald studs with the diamond halo
the emerald and diamond drop earrings which were a gift from Charles for her 22nd birthday
an emerald and diamond bracelet (pic 4)

Re: Meghan wearing coloured stones - to be honest, Meghan rarely wears ANY stones with the exception of small diamond pave on predominantly gold pieces. Having said that, while I'm sure this is her preferred aesthetic, her options will change after the wedding and she will be given access to things that very, very few women ever will. I doubt her jewellery choices pre-wedding are completely indicative of what she'll wear as a royal. Kate was also a fan of minimalist jewellery, and while I think her current jewellery choices does leave something to be desired (Kikis anyone?), she did actually up her game after marriage.

Hmmm are we sure all that was Diana's or did some come from the Queen on loan?

LaRae

Hmmm are we sure all that was Diana's or did some come from the Queen on loan?

LaRae

At the minimum, the choker and POW feather pendant weren't Diana's personal property. The choker belongs to the Queen and was returned to the vault after her death along with the Cambridger Lovers' Knot. The PoW feather pendant belongs to the PoW I believe. It's not a personal collection, but it was allowed for her use while married to the PoW, so that couldn't even be loaned to Meghan in the future.

The Choker wasn't owned by the late Princess, neither was the 'Prince of Wales Feather' pendant [ with the Emerald drop], which is I believe is actually a Brooch, currently worn [as such], by the current Princess of Wales.

I've seen conflicting reports on Diana being gifted or loaned things like the emerald choker and other items. Can you provide a reputable source that proves she wasn't outright gifted the choker or the lover's knot tiara?

PS: there is some question as to if there are actually 2 Prince of Wales badges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom