The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2020, 01:02 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Now that Meghan and Harry are no longer senior royals, there is a chance Meghan will participate in very little tiara events.
I would agree, highly unlikely.

Old 01-09-2020, 03:12 AM
Serene Highness

Depending on how acrimonious this gets, I could still see them attending some state events/dinners.

But yeah thats an if...

Old 01-09-2020, 03:59 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
I would agree, highly unlikely.
Yep. I think the only way you'll see Meghan in a tiara again is at Charles' coronation. Unless she does something like host SNL, then I could see her wearing a tiara as part of a sketch.
Old 01-09-2020, 04:05 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Yep. I think the only way you'll see Meghan in a tiara again is at Charles' coronation. Unless she does something like host SNL, then I could see her wearing a tiara as part of a sketch.
That is right, full regalia is worn at coronations.
Old 01-09-2020, 04:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
Depending on how acrimonious this gets, I could still see them attending some state events/dinners.

But yeah thats an if...
I can't see them attending anything like that now I'm afraid.
Old 01-09-2020, 04:18 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
I can't see them attending anything like that now I'm afraid.
I agree, they will not be at anything like that again.
Old 01-09-2020, 05:19 AM
Heir Apparent

I think the Wedding is likely to be the sole Tiara occasion of the Duchess' life..
Old 01-09-2020, 05:20 AM
Nobility

Another reason why the royal jewels are on loan.
Old 01-09-2020, 05:57 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post

But yeah thats an if...
Highly unlikely, IMO!
Old 01-09-2020, 05:58 AM
Serene Highness

I wouldn’t rule out them attending State Visit Banquets. Especially as they happen so rarely. Sometimes not even once a year... Prince and Princess Michael of Kent is often in attendance there and they are far from being any form of senior royals.
Old 01-09-2020, 05:59 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Yep. I think the only way you'll see Meghan in a tiara again is at Charles' coronation.
Who knows what Meghan and Harry have planned for the future, and whether attending the Coronation is something that may be congruent with their brand.
Old 01-09-2020, 06:05 AM
Heir Apparent

I am afraid there will be now no RVO or even RFO for Meghan, nor any tiara appearances at state banquets or similar occasions, which is frustrating for royal watchers who follow those things.

I think they will be at the coronation however. They are not being completely cut off as David and Wallis.
Old 01-09-2020, 06:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I am afraid there will be now no RVO or even RFO for Meghan, nor any tiara appearances at state banquets or similar occasions, which is frustrating for royal watchers who follow those things.

I think they will be at the coronation however. They are not being completely cut off as David and Wallis.
Many members of the Royal family like Prince & Princess Michael, their daughter Lady Gabriella and the two Princesses of York have attended State banquets without being working royals. In the same way Lady Patricia Ramsay attended two coronations with the precedence and trappings of a member of the Royal family even though she had relinquished both her title and style. We have no idea, and at this time I don't believe the royals themselves know, how all of this will play out. In the end what's important is that they find a solution that everyone is happy with as a family, as a firm and as a nation.
Old 01-09-2020, 06:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

The York Princesses haven't attended a State Banquet. They did attend the CHOGM Reception - no tiaras though.

I would expect the Sussexes be at the family funerals, weddings and coronations etc. I would expect Harry to make his oath of allegiance at his father's coronation immediately after his older brother, unless George is old enough to made such an oath in person. The same at William's coronation I would expect him to make his oath in person after his nephews, again, unless they are still too young.
Old 01-09-2020, 07:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
The York Princesses haven't attended a State Banquet. They did attend the CHOGM Reception - no tiaras though.

I would expect the Sussexes be at the family funerals, weddings and coronations etc. I would expect Harry to make his oath of allegiance at his father's coronation immediately after his older brother, unless George is old enough to made such an oath in person. The same at William's coronation I would expect him to make his oath in person after his nephews, again, unless they are still too young.
State banquet or CHOGM reception is just nitpicking. The dress code was white tie and they sat down for a nosh so it's basically the same. The reason that Gabriella, Eugenie and Beatrice didn't wear tiaras was most probably that they weren't married not because they had no official role in the family. If Meghan ever attends a banquet she will most probably wear a tiara.
Old 01-09-2020, 08:01 AM
Aristocracy

I think that in due course once on the throne Charles will bestow the Garter on Harry. But in the meantime I doubt that the Queen will upgrade his KCVO. This is on the basis that you earn each honour incuding the RVO - but not Garter/ Thistle which is more of a 'birthright' for those closest to the monarch.
Old 01-09-2020, 08:04 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Many members of the Royal family like Prince & Princess Michael, their daughter Lady Gabriella and the two Princesses of York have attended State banquets without being working royals..

But trhe Sussexes haven't attened State Diners despite beeing Senior Royals so wy should that change now?

Old 01-09-2020, 11:29 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Closed until further notice.