The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 06-03-2020, 02:27 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,543
From time to time, we see jewels for sale that could be good additions to the collections of various royal ladies. I thought we could share come of those here.

For Queen Mathilde:

https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auct...amond-earrings

https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auct...diamond-brooch

https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auct...amond-bracelet

https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auct...ne-and-diamond

For CP Mary:

https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auct...amond-bracelet

https://www.bentley-skinner.co.uk/lo...mond-earrings/

For Mathilde or Mary:

https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auct...amond-brooches

https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auct...ond-earrings-2

https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auct...iamond-pendant

https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auct...amond-bracelet

https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auct...amond-bracelet

https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auct...ond-bracelet-3

https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auct...ond-bracelet-5

I recognise that some of the pieces are not the grandest, but both these ladies could do with some addtions to their jewel chests.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-03-2020, 03:38 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 11,643
I prefer the lass grand ones. The bigger ones are a bit too chunky for me. The smaller ones are more delicate and show the style far better IMO.

I love art deco and some of the older styles. I don't mind some of the more unique newer pieces but not ultra modern.

https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auct...lace?locale=en

From an auction house Mary has bought pieces from before

https://bruun-rasmussen.dk/m/lots/9C...day_id=1006616

https://bruun-rasmussen.dk/m/lots/C7...day_id=1006433

https://bruun-rasmussen.dk/m/lots/B1...day_id=1006433

https://bruun-rasmussen.dk/m/lots/D0...day_id=1006619


https://bruun-rasmussen.dk/m/lots/7A...day_id=1006619

https://bruun-rasmussen.dk/m/lots/58...day_id=1006619
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-03-2020, 03:59 AM
Tarlita's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Near Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 2,014
Dear Muriel what a good thread. I love the sapphire bracelet for Mary, but she does not have any sapphire jewels yet. Mostly rubies. So I guess we have to keep a look out for some nice sapphires to go with it.
The biggest problem for the royal men these days at auction, is bidding against Russian Oligarchs, the new Chinese rich, and of course wealthy Arabs. All these people inflate prices at auction these days. But if we ignore all that and just concentrate on the pieces for various royals there is nothing wrong with that we can always dream.

Countess you have a good eye for nice jewels. I like nearly all those pieces except for the diamond necklace, but thats just my personal taste.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-03-2020, 04:09 AM
Lilyflo's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Oh yes - these are splendid!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-03-2020, 04:29 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,543
I love these pieces, and either Mathilde or Mary could do with these pieces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
Dear Muriel what a good thread. I love the sapphire bracelet for Mary, but she does not have any sapphire jewels yet. Mostly rubies. So I guess we have to keep a look out for some nice sapphires to go with it.
The biggest problem for the royal men these days at auction, is bidding against Russian Oligarchs, the new Chinese rich, and of course wealthy Arabs. All these people inflate prices at auction these days. But if we ignore all that and just concentrate on the pieces for various royals there is nothing wrong with that we can always dream.
I agree, Mary does not have many sapphires, but she did buy a sapphire and diamond ring from Bruun a few years ago. She wore it to the 80th birthday celbrations of the King and Queen of Norway in Oslo a few years ago.

I am also hoping, though I have no basis for confirming this, that Mary has acquired Princess Thyra's sapphire and diamond tiara from Princess Elisabeth, and we will see her wear it one day.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-03-2020, 05:07 AM
Nice Nofret's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Zürich, Switzerland
Posts: 625
Oh, bloody hell - I wish I was rich! What gorgous jewels!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-04-2020, 03:39 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,543
I thought this necklace would be a worthy addition to the Swedish collection, especially now that the aquamarine kokoshnik seems to be back in rotation.

https://www.bentley-skinner.co.uk/lo...ster-necklace/
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-04-2020, 04:28 AM
Lilyflo's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I thought this necklace would be a worthy addition to the Swedish collection, especially now that the aquamarine kokoshnik seems to be back in rotation.

https://www.bentley-skinner.co.uk/lo...ster-necklace/
I don't know anything about the Swedish collection but I was drooling over that necklace yesterday & had 'bought' it for Sophie Wessex. Here's the other one I 'bought' for her as I think she should have another tiara & this one makes a very pretty necklace too.
https://www.bentley-skinner.co.uk/lo...floral-design/
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-04-2020, 04:34 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
I don't know anything about the Swedish collection but I was drooling over that necklace yesterday & had 'bought' it for Sophie Wessex. Here's the other one I 'bought' for her as I think she should have another tiara & this one makes a very pretty necklace too.
https://www.bentley-skinner.co.uk/lo...floral-design/
I think Sophie now has a much improved tiara, so her requirement for an all diamond tiara is taken care of. I am still not a fan of Sophie's diamond tiara, but that is perhaps a matter of my personal choice.

Sophie also has a convertible aqua and diamond necklace and tiara, so I doubt if she would "get" another aquamarine necklace. Perhaps an all diamond necklace?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-04-2020, 04:41 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
From time to time, we see jewels for sale that could be good additions to the collections of various royal ladies. I thought we could share come of those here.

For Queen Mathilde:

https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auct...amond-earrings

https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auct...diamond-brooch

https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auct...amond-bracelet

https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auct...ne-and-diamond

For CP Mary:

https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auct...amond-bracelet

https://www.bentley-skinner.co.uk/lo...mond-earrings/

For Mathilde or Mary:

https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auct...amond-brooches

https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auct...ond-earrings-2

https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auct...iamond-pendant

https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auct...amond-bracelet

https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auct...amond-bracelet

https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auct...ond-bracelet-3

https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auct...ond-bracelet-5

I recognise that some of the pieces are not the grandest, but both these ladies could do with some addtions to their jewel chests.
A great bracelet that would be a worthy addition to either Mary or Mathilde's royal vault. Can't help observing that prices at Bentley & Skinner can be steep, but for the purposes of this hypothetical conversation, I am sure such trivial detail can be ignored.

https://www.bentley-skinner.co.uk/lo...mond-bracelet/
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-04-2020, 04:44 AM
Lilyflo's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I think Sophie now has a much improved tiara, so her requirement for an all diamond tiara is taken care of. I am still not a fan of Sophie's diamond tiara, but that is perhaps a matter of my personal choice.

Sophie also has a convertible aqua and diamond necklace and tiara, so I doubt if she would "get" another aquamarine necklace. Perhaps an all diamond necklace?
The remodelled diamond tiara she has isn't pretty though is it (well I don't think so anyway) and I'm not keen on her aquamarine one either so I'm selling that one to pay for this.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-04-2020, 04:50 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,543
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
The remodelled diamond tiara she has isn't pretty though is it (well I don't think so anyway) and I'm not keen on her aquamarine one either so I'm selling that one to pay for this.
Keep going. Did you have any other cleaning up of jewel collections in mind?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-04-2020, 05:04 AM
Lilyflo's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Keep going. Did you have any other cleaning up of jewel collections in mind?
Don't encourage me Muriel, I have so much gardening to do & I spent hours yesterday afternoon 'buying' jewellery (it rained so I didn't feel too guilty).
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-04-2020, 11:21 PM
theroyalfly's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: N/A, Australia
Posts: 1,422
Oh those earrings will suit Queen Mathilde. I hope she gets more jewelries though since the Duchess of Brabant is soon to help them as a working royal.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-10-2020, 06:55 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroyalfly View Post
Oh those earrings will suit Queen Mathilde. I hope she gets more jewelries though since the Duchess of Brabant is soon to help them as a working royal.
I agree. This is the time for Mathilde to gradually and systematically build up the royal jewel box. The Duchess of Brabant will, in not too many years, also need to appear suitably bejewelled, and the royal jewel collection is pretty sparse at the moment.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-10-2020, 11:31 AM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 5,975
It depends what Princess Elisabeth will receive from Queen Paola !
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-10-2020, 01:08 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 27,017
The Belgians are more interested in buying Yachts and helicopters than saving family jewels from auction houses no wonder the Belgian jewel chest is so bare.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-11-2020, 12:10 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
The Belgians are more interested in buying Yachts and helicopters than saving family jewels from auction houses no wonder the Belgian jewel chest is so bare.
Yachts and helicopters cost a lot more than a few pieces of jewellery every other year. They do not necessarily have to buy jewellery formerly owned by Belgian royals from auctions at high prices because of their provenance. Instead, they could just gradually acquire pieces that would be worthwhile additions to the collections.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-11-2020, 12:31 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,543
Some more interesting pieces at Sotheby's Paris that either Mathilde or Mary could potentially use:

https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auct...s-1930-diamond

https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auct...re-et-diamants

https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auct...-mellerio-1983

And one specifically for Mathilde. This could be a core part of the collection, with the centre emerald made potentially interchangeable for different coloured stones to add versatality to the collection.

https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auct...ants-van-cleef
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-11-2020, 12:33 AM
Waika's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Orleans, United States
Posts: 40
I think this necklace would work with the Swedish aquamarine tiara.


https://www.instagram.com/p/CAfuOT_nxE5/


Or the Belgians could start acquiring pieces suitable for the young princesses.


Earrings:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B9xwHexHJBL/


Bracelet and ring:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B9r1WmynDNk/
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mary: crown princess of denmark, maxima, queen mathilde, royal jewels


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spanish Royal Jewels: Suggested changes and additions muriel Royal Jewels General Discussion 50 06-20-2020 02:04 AM




Popular Tags
#royalrelatives #royalgenes althorp anastasia anastasia once upon a time ancestry belgian royal family castles chittagong cht danish history diana princess of wales dna dutch royal family dutch royals emperor family tree foundation future games haakon vii henry v hill house of bourbon house of saxe-coburg and gotha intro jacobite jewelry jumma kids movie king salman list of rulers lithuanian castles mailing mary: crown princess of denmark memoir monaco history nobel 2019 norway norwegian royal family palaces palestine popularity prince daniel princess elizabeth princess margaret pronunciation random facts royal children royal court royal marriage royal re-enactments. royal wedding russian court dress russian imperial family saudi arabia snowdon spanish history spencer family state visit swedish royal family swedish royalty thailand tracts united states of america unsubscribe videos visit from sweden wedding gown wittelsbach working royals; full-time royals; part-time royals;


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:22 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises
×