Jewels for sale: Worthy additions to royal collections

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can not see any of the present royal ladies purchasing this. It is more museal than actually wearable.

Perhaps a French museum might purchase them given the association with Napoléon Bonaparte.

Yes...those are the jewels going on sale.

This is not my favorite at all, but I believe it should be in a museum as it has history to the people country and maker which is fascinating.

Whilst I do hope that the DRF have been able to privately acquired Princess Thyra's diamond and sapphire tiara latterly used by Princess Elizabeth to complete their sapphire and diamond parure, if they haven't, this could be a good, reasonably priced addition to the collection.

https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auc...mpressive-sapphire-and-diamond-tiara-mid-19th

Here's an article on Princess Thyra's diamond and sapphire tiara which is a really beautiful piece.
https://www.thecourtjeweller.com/2018/06/princess-thyras-sapphire-tiara.html

Whilst I do hope that the DRF have been able to privately acquired Princess Thyra's diamond and sapphire tiara latterly used by Princess Elizabeth to complete their sapphire and diamond parure, if they haven't, this could be a good, reasonably priced addition to the collection.

https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auc...mpressive-sapphire-and-diamond-tiara-mid-19th

If the Danish Court really wanted it back, I assume they did an "under-hand offer". Now with a public sale, the buyer not only has to pay the hammer costs but also probably has to pay taxes over the import.

It is interesting that here and there a diadem is estimated under 50.000 euro but the a pair of earrings for 250.000 euro. The relativeness is a mystery. Undoubtedly the carat, the cut, the clarity but also the name and the provenance will play a role.

Last edited:
Countess Anne Dorte 's tiara was sold 2 million DKK , the estimation Price by Auction House Bruun Rasmussen. The Buyer is Danish and allowed the exhibition of this tiara.

Princess Elisabeth gave her Romanov Brooch to the Vault but not her tiara ?
We have to wait when Count Ingolf will pass away . He is the Owner of the Fringe Tiara and Queen Alexandrine bracelet. The Queen shared her jewels corretly 50 % for Prince Knud and 50 % to King Frederick;

:previous:

It seems to be the main tiara of the family. I remember Pss Paula and Pss Maximiliana with it. A pity that it will be lost now, never to be seen again until the new owner decides to part with it. The estimate is around half a million Euros and will likely go up, too much for most European RF's sadly.

It is such a pity that this beautiful tiara will be sold. However the last tiara to be used was another one which was worn by Matilda Borroemo at her Wedding to Prince Antonius.

Princess Mary bought a tiara/necklace and earrings (worn at the last Event) at the Auction House Bruun Rasmussen. I supppose without bids.

Princess Mary bought a tiara/necklace and earrings (worn at the last Event) at the Auction House Bruun Rasmussen. I supppose without bids.

I do not know if there were other bids, but Mary bought the tiara for less than €10,000.

Its a really beautiful diamond and pearl tiara and I think it would look lovely on queen Letizia!

What a beautiful tiara. It's one I think would be lovely on just about anyone who wore it.

That tiara would look spectacular on CP Mary especially given the versatility.

That tiara would look spectacular on CP Mary especially given the versatility.

Indeed. But I can alsi see it work for Crown Princess Victoria. To be used with pearls (the SRF do not have a peal and diamond tiara), or with emeralds. Perhaps it could be used in necklace form with aquamarine's added.

Its a really beautiful diamond and pearl tiara and I think it would look lovely on queen Letizia!

I find they have alrerady enough pearl and diamond Tiaras in the spanish RF. What they need are tiaras with coloured stones.

And i don't think any reigning RF would buy a tiara or other Jewels in such a public auction. It was different with the tiara which CP Mary bought as it was a less known auctioner.

I find they have alrerady enough pearl and diamond Tiaras in the spanish RF. What they need are tiaras with coloured stones.

There are so few of the Spanish tiaras which actually suit Letizia's delicate frame and this one I could see .

The Belgians are the ones who really need to stop buying boats/helicopters and gadgets and replenish that very empty jewel chest.

There are so few of the Spanish tiaras which actually suit Letizia's delicate frame and this one I could see .

The Belgians are the ones who really need to stop buying boats/helicopters and gadgets and replenish that very empty jewel chest.
They haven one wich suits her frame. The Asutir4as diamond and pearl tiara. don't think this one is smaller then the 2 other diamond and pearl tiaras and i think Letizia should try them with a fuller hairdo.
As for the belgians i don't see them buying new tiaras as that would probably be an public outcry. They should rather make sure that the few reaming tiaras stay in the Family. There is also still not much known about a lot of fate of Queen Fabiolas jewels.

What a beautiful tiara. It's one I think would be lovely on just about anyone who wore it.
:D:D:D Exactly!
I do not know if there were other bids, but Mary bought the tiara for less than €10,000.

And i don't think any reigning RF would buy a tiara or other Jewels in such a public auction. It was different with the tiara which CP Mary bought as it was a less known auctioner.
On the auction house website they stated a selling price of 8,050 € and an estimate of 4,000 - 5,350 €. So there were other bids, but the tiara was still very affordable. Besides, the low-profile auction took place three years before CP Mary outed the necklace for the first time. It might have flown completely under the radar. Furthermore, Mary's antique tiara didn't come with a name attached to it. Nothing is known about the previous owner, and the jewel is now only associated with the Crown Princess of Denmark. I really don't think that any RF nowadays would want to buy jewels with the whole world knowing which family they came from.

On the auction house website they stated a selling price of 8,050 € and an estimate of 4,000 - 5,350 €. So there were other bids, but the tiara was still very affordable. Besides, the low-profile auction took place three years before CP Mary outed the necklace for the first time. It might have flown completely under the radar. Furthermore, Mary's antique tiara didn't come with a name attached to it. Nothing is known about the previous owner, and the jewel is now only associated with the Crown Princess of Denmark. I really don't think that any RF nowadays would want to buy jewels with the whole world knowing which family they came from.

That is what i mean. If one of the reigning RF's want to buy tiara's or other Jewels at an auction they will do it at a small auction house and go for Jewels with no public history beeing known.

I guess is that how the Wedding tiara of CP Mary and the daisy bandeau of CP Mette-Marit where acquired.

I like the fleur-de-lis motifs of the Furstenberg Tiara. This tiara would make a splendid wedding tiara.

I have always felt that the Dutch collection could do with a better emerald and diamond tiara. Also, the Swedish family is also missing an emerald and diamond tiara in their collection. Whilst not the best emerald taira I have ever seen, this one could potentially be a contender, if it is articulated and can be worn more opened up than worn by the model.

https://www.christies.com/lot/lot-6...k&intObjectID=6367668&from=salessummary&lid=1

Back
Top Bottom