Jewels for sale: Worthy additions to royal collections

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The ownership of those jewels is still rather unclear almost 8 years after the death of the queen dowager.

Yes indeed. It robs the Belgian Queen of six variants (aquamarines, emeralds and rubies, in a coronet or in a wreath setting). Link.

The ownership of those jewels is still rather unclear almost 8 years after the death of the queen dowager.

Yes indeed. It robs the Belgian Queen of six variants (aquamarines, emeralds and rubies, in a coronet or in a wreath setting). Link.

Well said. One can only hope that Mathilde has decided to hold it back for Elizabeth to wear.

Well said. One can only hope that Mathilde has decided to hold it back for Elizabeth to wear.
The poor girl would be better of than with having to wear that monstrosity.

Well, it is not that unclear:

From the NOS (the Dutch equivalent of the BBC):

"The late Queen Fabiola of the Belgians donates all her belongings to charity, Belgian media reports. The inheritance goes to the Queen's Relief Fund (Œuvres de la Reine). The fund was founded in 1960, when Fabiola married King Baudouin. Among other things, the fund is involved in social work for the less fortunate.

That means Queen Fabiola's relatives will not inherit anything. By the way: King Baudouin and Queen Fabiola had no children. It is not clear how much capital is involved. The late Queen Fabiola was the aunt of King Philippe and passed away yesterday. She was 86 years old."

"The late Queen Fabiola of the Belgians donates all her belongings to charity, Belgian media reports. The inheritance goes to the Queen's Relief Fund (Œuvres de la Reine). The fund was founded in 1960, when Fabiola married King Baudouin. Among other things, the fund is involved in social work for the less fortunate.

That means Queen Fabiola's relatives will not inherit anything. By the way: King Baudouin and Queen Fabiola had no children. It is not clear how much capital is involved. The late Queen Fabiola was the aunt of King Philippe and passed away yesterday. She was 86 years old."

Fabiola had passed on some jewels to Mathilde but the fate of the tiara was to best of my knowledge unclear whether it had been passed on to Mathilde or formed part of Queen Fabiola's estate.

If its the latter the Belgians have lost yet another tiara.

> All very fair. Except there are items of jewellery, inclding the Wolfers tiara / necklace that blonged to Fabiola that have made it to Mathilde.

> Do we know if the ruby bracelet been given to Mathilde prior to Fabiola's death?

> I would have thought if the tiara was indeed left to charity, by now, the charity would have sold it to raise financing. We have not heard of an auction or private sale of the tiara so far.

Please no I don't want to see this beautiful piece gathering dust in Monaco's vault lol

The Spanish RF but Letzia wouldn't wear the necklace but could see her wearing the earrings.

Do any of the royal families need an impressive aquamarine necklace, because Chrisities has one in its next Geneva auction.

https://onlineonly.christies.com/s/...mond-jewellery-273/167755?ldp_breadcrumb=back

The Swedish RF do need a nice aquamarine and diamond necklace and earrings to go wth the Aquamarine Kokoshnik that appears to be back in the main line.

The Spanish, Belgians and Danish RF's could all do with some good aquamarine additions to their respective collections.

Personally, I am not a fan of the necklace in the Sotheby's sale.

I was told that before the Auctions the Royals are informed about the items.

I was told that before the Auctions the Royals are informed about the items.

It is rare for a royal to buy jewellery from a big auction house like Christie's or Sotheby's. My guess is even when purchases are made from auction houses, they probably use a friendly jeweller to make the acquisition on their behalf.

I just discovered that 1stdibs has more then a few antique tiaras for sale, this is not a site I would have thought to check for beautiful antique jewelry.
This beautiful tiara would be a great addition to any of the collections
https://www.1stdibs.com/jewelry/mor...lry/belle-epoque-diamond-tiara/id-j_13834722/

Or this convertible tiara https://www.1stdibs.com/jewelry/nec...rl-gold-platinum-necklace-tiara/id-j_9225562/

I know its unlikely given the known provenance but I would love to the Mathilde or CP Mary purchase this tiara https://www.hancocks-london.com/product/the-anglesey-tiara-diamond-with-detachable-riviere-necklace/

The diamonds along the bottom can also be worn as a necklace which both Mathilde and CP Mary are in need of

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
The Royal Watcher has blog post on jewels with royal provenance up for sale at Christies and Sothoby's annual jewelry sales
https://royalwatcherblog.com/2022/11/07/christies-magnificent-jewels-8-november-2022/
https://royalwatcherblog.com/2022/1...cent-jewels-and-noble-jewels-9-november-2022/

Would love to see these on any current royals

The Sapphire and Diamond Brooch and those Sapphire and Diamond Earrings are really beautiful!

The Spanish could really do with some Sapphires!

The diamond bandeau would be a nice starter for Isabella or another young royal lady. Delicate and lovely with historic provenance.

The diamond bandeau would be a nice starter for Isabella or another young royal lady. Delicate and lovely with historic provenance.

Indeed. And very affordable.

One of the Danish royals is selling a sapphire tiara.

Back
Top Bottom