Favourite Royal Tiaras 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyK

Moderator Emeritus
City
Cincinnati
Country
United States
Welcome to the new thread for your Favorite Royal Tiaras! The previous thread can be found here.​

Remember that absolutely no images can be attached to the thread unless you have written permission from the copyright holder. (for more information, see TRF's FAQs)

:crown3:Now on with the best tiaras!:crown3:

Dazzling--I LOVE LOVE LOVE the second Diamond tiara, the little headband/bandeau (listed as Diamond 2). I cannot remember who belongs to that piece, though. Belgium, maybe?
Your emerald tiara you listed was Queen Victoria's, designed by her beloved Prince Albert. It is no longer in the hands of BRF but has passed to a descendent of Queen Victoria's, according to Munn.

These are my Favorite ones,
Fife -- Savoy Topaz -- Cp Mary's Ruby tiara (sorry no picture)
& the rest not really sure to which royal house they belong to:rolleyes:
Embrald -- Diamond -- Diamond 2

The first diamond tiara is now in the possession of Princess Sybilla of Luxembourg. I'm looking for the provenance of the second one. Now where did I leave my GM bible.....

Dazzling--I LOVE LOVE LOVE the second Diamond tiara, the little headband/bandeau (listed as Diamond 2). I cannot remember who belongs to that piece, though. Belgium, maybe?

Oh now I remember, but could be wrong, but im pretty sure it belongs to Spain, Queen Sofia wore it a few times, didnt she?:ermm:

The double bandeau tiara belonged to Queen Marie Jose:flowers:

The double bandeau tiara belonged to Queen Marie Jose:flowers:

Was she Italian. I searched and came up with results Belgium & Italy.
Okay now I checked, Queen Sofias was similar but with rubies;)

Was she Italian. I searched and came up with results Belgium & Italy.
Okay now I checked, Queen Sofias was similar but with rubies;)

Born a Princess of Belgium, she was Italy's last queen with a reign of just a month. Excellent taste in jewels though.;)

Was it only sold after MJ's death or before that? I can't recall seeing any of her daughters or her daughter-in-law wearing the double bandeau.
A pity that so many nice Belgian items went to Marie-Jose though, considering they all ended up being sold.

To my knowledge, the double bandeau tiara was not part of the most recent auction by Princess Maria Gabriella. I'm not sure where it is right now. Unfortunate, because it is still such a lovely piece for a young woman.:sad:

Dear Your/Her Majesty (not sure what etiquitte would require in the form of a saluation, so I used both!)--
I thought that these were the Princess Paul of Yugoslavia's tiaras, she was of the Grand Duchess Vladimir's daughters, and she was Princess Marina's sister--but I thought the tiara was from her husband, Prince Paul of Yugoslavia--I'm not sure now--I shall have to consult with Mr. Munn, who has a glorious photo of this tiara in The Bible.

However, I would like to share my favorite Grand Duchess Vladimir tiara:
Royal Collection - Dress for the Occasion
I hope to see Camilla wearing the piece one day!

However, I would like to share my favorite Grand Duchess Vladimir tiara:
Royal Collection - Dress for the Occasion
I hope to see Camilla wearing the piece one day!
As you can see, I too absolutely adore this particular incarnation.

The pearls are a little reserved, almost chilly although the tiara with neither emeralds or pearls is also a favourite.

Yes, when the time comes I think Camilla will look wonderful, especially in the emeralds. :wub:

I completely agree about this tiara! The pearls are a little reserved (and seen far too often, in my opinion), plain it is lovely but the emeralds, well, they are truly spectacular and make the tiara impressive. Imagine Camilla in this tiara with the emerald drop earrings----sigh........she'll be breathtaking.

*hands Keira a tissue*

They really are impressive, aren't they? I agree that Camilla will be able to carry off that tiara, but it might be a bit too heavy-looking for Kate.

Assuming that Kate is the next Princess I absolutely agree that it would be too heavy for her. . . . . . .

However, I am reminded of Queen Desiree's glorious Ruby Parure. Now that is a serious suite of jewelry which I didn't expect to see the light of day for years if not decades. I knew that it had been left to Prince Frederik but I have to admit that until I actually saw Mary wearing it I was sure she wouldn't even try to wear it until she was a lot older.

Sure that she didn't have the necessary quantity "X" to carry it off with class, panache, style, call it what you will. Needless to say, such fears were totally unfounded. Perhaps Kate may yet surprise us all.

I've noticed Kate rarely puts her hair up. It always seems like she wears it down, even when wearing fancy hats. And she has pretty straight, flat hair. To carry off those fabulous big tiaras, you need a nice updo, or at least fuller hair even with Diana's short hairstyle.

*hands Keira a tissue*

They really are impressive, aren't they? I agree that Camilla will be able to carry off that tiara, but it might be a bit too heavy-looking for Kate.

thanks Elspeth :flowers:

I agree about Kate and Camilla

I've noticed Kate rarely puts her hair up. It always seems like she wears it down, even when wearing fancy hats. And she has pretty straight, flat hair. To carry off those fabulous big tiaras, you need a nice updo, or at least fuller hair even with Diana's short hairstyle.
You are, of course, absolutely right. If Catherine had appeared at the "private" wedding wearing a killer "updo" with a fascinator worn a`la Prince Grace, we might have had an inkling of how she would carry off a tiara. A small tiara.

As it is, long fine hair straggling around shoulders with a fascinator plonked on top does not exude the aura of style, poise and confidence that wearing a tiara demands. I have my doubts that she could carry off any tiara of substance let alone one of our glorious "Favourite tiara's"!

It makes me shudder to think of it. Queen Elizabeth's fabulous "Queen Alexandra's Kokoshnik Tiara" needs, nay demands a Royal carriage. That being said, I would hate to see it on anyone in the early years after her death as it has become the "Signature" piece of her 80th decade.

my favourite tiara (that i have seen in person) is currently my avatar. I saw it in a museum in South Germany (Stuttgart, I think), so I believe it is part of the Wuerttemberger heritage. I was sure I had found a picture of it online at one time, but I can't seem to find any info or pictures about it, now.

If anyone has a picture (or a link to one) of it/information about it, I am quite interested and would very much appreciate it. Thank you.

POC, I have it labelled as the "Württemberg Rococo Tiara". It is certainly quite a skyscraping structure of diamonds which would glint and glitter spectacularly. Even with the highest element removed it would be a very substantial piece. Here's a pic:

¤

:previous: Wow! But the lucky person wearing it would have to have a fabulous head of hair or added hair padding . . . . those spikes look lethal. :seestars: I can just see it now . . . . Big, huge Royal extravaganza and the Queen yelling . . . . Last one dressed gets the Wurttemberg! :hiding: :lol::ROFLMAO:

:previous: Wow! But the lucky person wearing it would have to have a fabulous head of hair or added hair padding . . . . those spikes look lethal. :seestars: I can just see it now . . . . Big, huge Royal extravaganza and the Queen yelling . . . . Last one dressed gets the Wurttemberg! :hiding: :lol::ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Too funny MARG! It does look as though it could be lethal-but the workmanship is really intricate, I must say

Here are some of my favorites--I've fallen in love with some of the Dutch jewels and the Swedish jewels!

Dutch:
Laurel Wreath Tiara

Diamond Bandeau Tiara I LOVE this piece. There's really no design to it, nothing difficult about it at all--but its simplicity completely won me over. Maxima wears it best and in all truth, I salivate when I see it.

Sweden
The incomparable Queen Silvia. Where do I possibly begin??? Here is a link to photos of her in multiple pieces. I honestly love, in post 9, the amethyst parue. The clarity of those stones is amazing.
Swedish Jewels
another amethyst picture: IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65

and, the Connaught Diamond tiara--second tiara down, below the Boucheron Honeycomb of QEQM http://www.angelfire.com/realm3/denmark1/jewels1968.html

Diamond Bandeau Tiara I LOVE this piece. There's really no design to it, nothing difficult about it at all--but its simplicity completely won me over. Maxima wears it best and in all truth, I salivate when I see it.
I too love this peice. You are, of course, absolutely correct in your belief that Maxima wears it best.

Wow! That is some headband! :wub:

When Queen Beatrix wears this tiaira she should change her heirdo..

She never wears her most beautiful : The Stuart or House diamond parure.

I have only pictures of Juliana wearing this wonderful tiaira

I believe Queen Bea is prone to headaches; that's a pity, because we're missing out on some glorious pieces! Perhaps Maxima will regale us when she is Queen--but is many years away (Thank God--I love Queen Beatrix)

What I like about the Diamond Bandeau Tiara is its simplicity, which makes the piece look almost contemporary, although it couldn't be worn with a statement necklace.

What I like about the Diamond Bandeau Tiara is its simplicity, which makes the piece look almost contemporary, although it couldn't be worn with a statement necklace.

I completely agree with you, Lady Highcrest. It is very contemporary-looking and absolutely beautiful. It is my favorite of all of the tiaras that I have seen. IMO, it is perfect.

Back
Top Bottom