Favourite Royal Tiaras 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My favourite is the tiara that Princess Diana used in her wedding to Prince Charles:)

Wow, the tiara to Empress Alexandra Fedorovna was beautiful Seraphine. Love it:wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
Seraphine, I just love your first choice. What a stunning piece!

Seraphine, the only word is staggering, just staggering. Cheers.

My favourite tiara without doubt is the
Stuart Diamond Tiara
Because of it's historical stone!

I am still partial to emeralds Queen of Greece Tiara for me.

This ruby parure of Clementine of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha, née of Orléans, is new to me, but I really like it. It's not very grand, but that only makes it more wearable in my opinion.

Sachsen-Coburg Kohari| Diadem - Tiara - Rubin Schmuck

I'm also partial to Queen Mary's Lovers' Knot tiara (along with a thousand other tiaras ;)). I hope the future wife of Prince William won't be overwhelmed by the legacy of the piece, knowing it was worn by Princess Diana, and feel reluctant to wear it.
The tiara won't make anyone happy in a safe, and pearls need to be worn!

Cambridge Lovers' Knot Tiara pictures from history photos on webshots

I would love to have any of these beautiful tiara!

Hannah Regina,
I do love the Ruby Parue of Clementine's --it is so delicate and impressive at the same time!
Has anyone worn it recently? Who bought it at the Thurn und Taxis auction?

Hannah Regina,
I do love the Ruby Parue of Clementine's --it is so delicate and impressive at the same time!
Has anyone worn it recently? Who bought it at the Thurn und Taxis auction?

I don't know what's become of it, the text doesn't say. I hope it still exists and that no idiot has had it dismantled to get to the rubies. Then it would be better if it was in a museum, so that people can see it, but I would really like it to be owned by a royal lady. Private collectors have no occasions to wear tiaras, and these pieces deserves to be worn!

It would look great on Letizia or CP Victoria, or some other dark-haired lady, I think. Or Mary, but she already has rubies, or Marie, but she will only be a Princess consort. The Princess that really needs a new tiara is Mathilde of Belgium, and she likes red dresses, right? Then rubies would match, even though she's blonde!

I'm also blonde, otherwise I would have put this parure on my Christmas wishing list :wub:. I'm sure my mother would have tracked it down for me, she would only have to win the lottery first... :D

well,, Hanna, I devoutly hope that your mother wins the lottery. May I suggest a few other goodies for your consideration. The French roya emerald paurue would look wonderful on Mathilde, and no doubt on you. Lady K's sapphire version of the Bagration tiara would be a marvelous contraption for both of you to wear. Of course the sublime Dehli Durbar tiara with the coubochon emeralds would suit to perfection.

And if only somebody would get into Imelda Marcos shoe closets, kidnap and hold her thousands of shoes for ransom we might even get back the magnificent diamond and pearl tiara she bought from the Duke of Westminster or at least the jewels could be retireved and we could reconstruct the contraption. I am sure you would look out of this world in it or any of the above. As for Mathilde the sight of her in such goodies would reduce me to spasms of delight. Cheers. Thomas Parkman

I mean really, if the Duke of Westminster was selling a pearl and diamond tiara, why not sell the other contraption? It is an eyesore---
But, who sold the Imelda tiara? I didn't think it was the Duke of Westminster--am I wrong?

Oh, dear. My Dear JBCODE 99, The wife of Nicholas, one Maria or Alexandra Fedorovna, a german princess, who like all of those ladies seems to have the partonymic of Fedorovna, can never get these ladies name straight. Had a magnificent pearl and diamond tiara that is out of this world. To die for. It had a frame of diamonds from which were suspended 25 round pendant pearls. Beautiful beyond belief.

The idiot Soviets sold it. The Duke of Westminster bought it, probably for a song. Gladys the Duchess wore it with great enjoyment and then in the course of things around 1980 it was sold and Imelda of the Taccky Shoes
bought it and had the thing dismantled into something "more wearable". Then the slimey idiot got tossed out with corrupt tyrant hubby Ferdiand and the rest is a total mess. And no tiara. It has disappeared. If you saw it you would understand why I want to hang the loathsome creature up by her toes over a pot of boiling sulfur. And a Merry Christmas to YOU. Cheers. Thomas Parkman

This ruby parure of Clementine of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha, née of Orléans, is new to me, but I really like it. It's not very grand, but that only makes it more wearable in my opinion.

Sachsen-Coburg Kohari| Diadem - Tiara - Rubin Schmuck

I'm also partial to Queen Mary's Lovers' Knot tiara (along with a thousand other tiaras ;)). I hope the future wife of Prince William won't be overwhelmed by the legacy of the piece, knowing it was worn by Princess Diana, and feel reluctant to wear it.
The tiara won't make anyone happy in a safe, and pearls need to be worn!

Cambridge Lovers' Knot Tiara pictures from history photos on webshots

That ruby tiara is particularly enchanting.

I think if William's future wife is put off by Diana's legacy of the Lover's Knot then she can do what Queen Mary did and swap out the pearls. I think Queen Mary swapped out the emeralds for pearls so the emeralds should be around the Royal Vaults somewhere. The pearls themselves would make a grand necklace.

Thomas!
I couldn't agree more with your suggestions, although I don't know the Bagration-sapphire tiara. Maybe I've seen it without knowing its name. How does it look like?
I actually dreamed of wearing the pearl tiara of Empress Dagmar (I think?!) the day I marry. I was chocked when I read about Imelda in the Romanov-jewel-thread. I don't know what to say about her and her destruction of the tiara, I'm speechless!:eek: The jeweller she hired most have cried before he dismantled it. Hopefully the parts are still in existance, like you said, Thomas, so that it can be put back together.

I'm very fond of this French sapphire parure. I believe it was sold to the Louvre by the Comte de Paris. If he had to sell it, I'm glad it ended up in a museum instead of in the hands of someone like Imelda Marcos, but I would have loved for a royal family to have bought it. Wouldn't it be a great 35th birthday or 10th wedding anniversary gift for Mathilde? Along with Queen Elisabeth's Diamond Cartier-tiara, of course. :)
Sapphires Parure Crown Jewels France - Saphires Joyau de la Couronne | Kaiserin Josephine von Frankreich
Diamond diadem, Cartier pictures from history photos on webshots

I think if William's future wife is put off by Diana's legacy of the Lover's Knot then she can do what Queen Mary did and swap out the pearls. I think Queen Mary swapped out the emeralds for pearls so the emeralds should be around the Royal Vaults somewhere. The pearls themselves would make a grand necklace.

That was the Vladimir tiara which is worn by the present Queen either with pearl or emeralds in it. But she could put the pearl spikes again on top of it. They where removed by Queen Mary. Then it would look like the bavarian pearl tiara.

As a new member, I recently discovered this thread, and am working my way through it with great enjoyment. Thanks to all who post such lovely pictures and links, and Thomas Packman, I appreciate your style and share your devotion to these treasures! Your posts are always so interesting and amusing to read. My fave tiara, although so diffucult to choose, is the Fife. I would love to see it live, being worn, all those pendant diamonds quivering, trembling, and glimmering under the lights. It would be a dream come true. Great site, i love it.

Dear Normalil,

May I applaud you excellent taste in goodies and contraptions, ie tiaras and other appurtenant structures, usually and most unfairly worn by women. If we men were to do it we would be immeidately locked away in padded cells. Of course, considering the wonders these treasures do for all the women, it could certainly do no harm to see some royal gentlemen bedecked and bedazzling. My favorite story, courtesy of the Most Noble and Long Suffering Warren, is that of the Indian potentate who appeared in nothing but a loin cloth lined with jewels with gems and goodies dripping off of his body.

As for the Fife, magnificent. My favorite tiara. But nobody wears it and it is never seeen. A case of unrequited love if ever there were one. I do wish people around here would dig up more goodies for me to drool over. It is such a pick me up, as I am sure you have discovered. Not as fattening as chocolate either.

As for my literary talents, non-existent as they are, you are too kind. I can only say I live in dread and fear of the moderators. I will come out with some word or say something and they, SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED will be there, will whack me on the knuckles, leave me bruised and wounded and I, bravely controlling my tears, will wonder off disconsolate in search of chocolate ice cream. Life is hard. cheers.

As for my literary talents, non-existent as they are, you are too kind. I can only say I live in dread and fear of the moderators. I will come out with some word or say something and they, SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED will be there, will whack me on the knuckles, leave me bruised and wounded and I, bravely controlling my tears, will wonder off disconsolate in search of chocolate ice cream. Life is hard. cheers.

Oh, come on, Thomas; LadyK isn't that bad...:D

No, Most Noble and Awesome Elspeth, OH SHE WhO must be obeyed, Lady K is not that bad. In fact she is quite wonderful, her rendition of the Bagration tiara is an absolute masterpiece. She is a jewel addict as I am and she undestands the madness from the inside. IT is just that we cannot help ourselves. This magic just grabs out brains and it is even more exhilerating than being on a chocoholic binge. bUt the rest of you... well I am a sensitive soul, frail, and doddering with trembling indeed quivering ears and nose like a rabbit. One good thwack and off I run to the chocolate ice cream for consolation.

I do hope you have not picked up on my stomach/stomacher blooper. If and when you do I shall no doubt be laughed off the Forum. Until then, cheeers.

ysbel said:

That was the Vladimir tiara which is worn by the present Queen either with pearl or emeralds in it. But she could put the pearl spikes again on top of it. They where removed by Queen Mary. Then it would look like the bavarian pearl tiara.

How about the Rundell tiara for William's wife?
I would LOVE to see that tiara out and about . It is one of my favorites. It is so beautiful and has a good royal history.
here is a link:
"Rundell" Tiara |Royal Wedding gift to Queen Alexandra | Jewel of the Royals

Originally Posted by ysbel

There is at the moment at Photo Montage by Baxter at Royal jewels MB how the tiara would look with the pearl spikes on top. Much better.

Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: Lover's Knot Tiara

"Rundell" Tiara |Royal Wedding gift to Queen Alexandra | Jewel of the Royals

Daisygoogles,
I don't remember there ever being pearl spikes on top of the Vladimir tiara--there were pearl spikes on top of the Cambridge Lover's Knot and also pearl spikes atop the Girls of Great Britain tiara, too--is there a photo of the Vladmir with spikes? I would hate to think I had missed that!!!

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:
I have just found the simplest, yet most beautiful tiara I've seen in a long time. Now, mind you, picking a favorite royal tiara is an almost frustrating task, but I was trolling about the various boards and happened upon a Jewels of Orange-Nassau site and I found THIS:

Diamond Bandeau Tiara

Now, I know there is not a heck of a lot of workmanship here--basically it just 27 HUGE diamonds on a frame, like a riviere for the head, but the simplicity with which those stones are set ( and the size of the stones), well, I felt it belonged on this thread. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom