The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-04-2020, 04:04 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Kate already has a very expensive piece in her possession, in 2010, the famous sapphire and diamond engagement ring. While Meghan gets no necklaces but some gold butterfly earrings! Really!
She will get an equitable share of the jewellery, in terms of value. As regards the exact items I imagine that it will be decided among the 4 of them. If Meg doesn't like a particular item, she may take it and alter or sell it if she wants.. or she may leave it...
As for Kate, I assume she does not look at her engagement ring, as a "valuable piece of jewellery"... worth X amount but as a token of love from her husband and a link with his mother.

Old 06-04-2020, 04:30 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
My updated suggestions for splitting some of Diana's jewellery, removing any items that may be received as gifts to the consort of the Prince of Wales.

CATHERINE
Sapphire choker
Collingwood Pearl drop earrings (already used)
Pearl and diamond bracelet (already used)
Crescent shaped diamond earrings with pearl drop (used by Catherine at BAFTA 2019)
Ruby earrings with pearl drop (Pearl drop rumoured to be used by Catherine for BAFTA 2019)

MEGHAN
Emerald and diamond earrings and matching bracelet
Aquamarines: Ring, bracelet with pearls, drop earrings
Gold bracelet (already used in Australia)
Butterfly earrings (already used in Australia)
Gold Cartier Tank watch
Quote:
Kate already has a very expensive piece in her possession, in 2010, the famous sapphire and diamond engagement ring. While Meghan gets no necklaces but some gold butterfly earrings! Really!
> In my suggested split of jewels, amongst others, Meghan gets the emerald and diamond earrings and bracelet bracelet, as well as the aquamarine and diamond earrings, ring and bracelet.

> Happy for you to suggest a proposed split if you disagree with what I have put down.

Old 06-04-2020, 04:37 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Meghan's engagement ring was new, designed by Harry. The centre diamond came from Botswana (3.5 carats) and was flanked by two smaller diamonds, from Diana's jewellery.

Thank you! I genuinely couldn’t remember but it would have been surprising if Diana’s jewellery hadn’t featured in there at all.
Old 06-04-2020, 04:44 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Thank you! I genuinely couldn’t remember but it would have been surprising if Diana’s jewellery hadn’t featured in there at all.
Indeed. I understand it has since been reset by an LA based jeweller, though all 3 stones still survive in the ring.
Old 06-04-2020, 04:56 AM
Serene Highness

If Diana's personal jewelry could not be equitably divided then I suspect that the brother who was shorted has / will be compensated.

Wikipedia has an articles on Diana's jewels (link) - yeah I know that it is not always 100% reliable. There is this website as well, Diana's Jewels.
Old 06-04-2020, 05:07 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Claude View Post
If Diana's personal jewelry could not be equitably divided then I suspect that the brother who was shorted has / will be compensated.

Wikipedia has an articles on Diana's jewels (link) - yeah I know that it is not always 100% reliable. There is this website as well, Diana's Jewels.
Im sure it can be equitably divided. I suspect the 2 daughters in law may not care for some of the items in that they are more ornate than their own personal style.. but they can alter them. And Im sure its possible to sort out a fair division in temrs of value. If that's not possible, I agree that some kind of compensation can be made.. Its up to them....