Crown Princess Victoria Wedding Tiara

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4Pam

Heir Apparent
City
N/A
Country
United States
hmm... wonder what tiara she's wear on her wedding day? I really love the diamond tiara that look like 2 headband but I don't think it's formal enough. :question:

I hope she won't wear the same one as Queen Silvia.

Josette

i think we will see the same cameo tiara as silvia, but never say never that it will be a other one from the voults or a new one.

It is VERY VERY likely that Victoria will wear the Cameo tiara at the wedding, i definatly think so. But wouldn´t it be nice if the King and Queens present to Victoria would be a fantastic new tiara.... :rolleyes:

I hope she chooses to wear any tiara she wants as long as it won't be the Mini Mouse tiara.This tiara is hilarious,seriously!!

I'm sure whatever tiara is chosen Victoria will look splendid, and hopefully she will have a new updated hairdo

I love the cameo tiara, but I don't think it would suit Victoria. She looks best in tiaras with a more defined, geometrical shape. Additionally, the tiara is so elaborate that it dominates any wedding dress - although Queen Silvia's Dior wedding dress was something of a failure, keeping it simple and let the tiara and veil shine was at least the reight idea to begin with.
The Baden fringe would be a slight disappointment too, as it was seen so frequently on Victoria...
The tradition to wear the cameo tiara is not an old one - the King's sisters started it, and Princess Christina already broke with it by wearing the Connaught diamond tiara. So in theory, Victoria should have a free hand in choosing whichever tiara she wants. Chances are slim that there will be a new tiara though, I'd say.

I was thinking that she would wear the Cameo tiara with the same lace veil that Queen Silvia wore, with an extremely simple dress (a kind of Princess Mary look) but we may be surprised yet! She seems to like her diamonds and a large coronet style tiara with some height to it would look very regal.

I´m sure she will wear the cameo tiara.

I do love the cameo tiara and the tradition of it being worn, but I have to say that the Connaught Diamond tiara would be beautiful as a wedding tiara as well....

:previous: I agree Josette. Victoria would look beautiful in that. I think that should she wear the Cameo she would be severely limited in choice of gown design. And Victoria needs to look graceful and feminine rather than severe and regal on her wedding day. She can save the "Royal" factor for her Coronation. :flowers:

Perhaps CPss Victoria might wear the amethyst tiara along with amethyst earrings.

Dose someone have a picture of the cameo tiara? I can't seem to find one.

Dream: Ruby & diamond tiara in the form of graduated heart shaped elements, descended from Princess Margaret of Great Britain. This is Queen Silvia's personal property, and we never see her wear it. I think it made a nice wedding gift, with matching necklace, earrings, etc.;)
Probably reality: Baden fringe tiara
Nightmare: One or both of the button tiaras. I think it would be extremely expensive to combine all 10 buttons into one beautiful tiara. It would require much in terms of additional metals and gems.

If Princess Madeleine were to be a bridesmaid and the wedding is "tiara formal", would she wear one? I don't know that I've ever seen a bridesmaid wear a tiara at a royal wedding.

Thank you Her Majesty for the pictures! The cameo and Connought tiaras are beautiful. I especially like the Connought tiara for a wedding! I agree with RubyPrincess, the button tiara would be a nightmare.
Being that she always wears the fringe tiara, I hope she wears something different for her wedding.

While I think that the Baden fringe tiara is really the most beautiful fringe tiara around, I would prefer to see her in something else. I think that we will see her in something lightweight, afterall, she does want to enjoy her wedding! I will go out on a limb and admit that while they're not my favorite tiaras, the button ones could look nice with a veil

I actually understand your ideas about the 'buttons' - (again, they're rosettes..), because against the backdrop of a veil, their unfortunate shape would not be as outlined, and especially the six 'button' tiara is constructed in a way that would be ideal to attach a veil.
In the back of my head I have the faint hope that these rosettes, probably the oldest pieces in the whole Bernadotte collection, might be re-assembled for the wedding to form a new tiara for CP Victoria.
Their current setting is only from the late 1950s, and nothing much would get lost -not in terms of historic value, and certainly not in terms of beauty.

I think she will wear the Cameo tiara. Perhaps with her mother's veil which, IMO, was quite beautiful. My nightmare: either one of those button tiaras.:ermm:

I think the Button tiara would require a substantial veil, such as her mother wore, to make it look romantic? for a wedding. I agree that a lighter weight tiara would be most likely and most enjoyable , but wouldn't a lightweight veil be as well?

I think she will wear the Cameo tiara. Perhaps with her mother's veil which, IMO, was quite beautiful. My nightmare: either one of those button tiaras.:ermm:

But why would she want to wear the same tiara and veil as her mother. I son't see why she would want to look like her mother on HER wedding day.:confused:

I think the cameo tiara is a very complicated design and being a coronet rather than a semi-circle, it restricts the style of veil that can be worn with it and that in turn will have a factor in the design of the gown. If the cameo tiara is teamed up with the lace veil again, it would either have to be held in place like Silvia had it on her wedding day or attached without the "fold-back" Silvia had. The gown itself would have to be quite plain. Either way, look quite austere and (excuse the pun) Victorian. I don't think the cameo tiara would work too well with a tuille veil unless the veil was held in place right at the back (like Mette-Marit or Martha-Louise) which again would be quite austere looking. However, if she chose a diamond tiara which would be simpler in design - Victoria could easily wear it with the lace veil or a tuille one in less restricted ways.

All I really want to see is Victoria the original "Princess Bride". She is the "Crown Princess" and her Wedding gown, veil and Tiara should be spectacularly Victoria at her very best and most romantic.

Any old traditions for Princesses getting married are redundant as Victoria is not marrying into the SRF . . . . she is the SRF's future Queen Regnant and, as such, the vaults should be hers to choose from. Not for her some new little "Wedding Tiara" gift from her parents.

Victoria's wedding is second in importance only to her Coronation as Queen of Sweden, and just like Queen Elizabeth's, it should reflect it.

I would like to see a new tiara created for her wedding since she will be the Queen in her own right!

I actually understand your ideas about the 'buttons' - (again, they're rosettes..)...
Thank you, Boris! I think that the rosettes are simply lovely, and they have such a rich history associated with them--it is is a shame they are on such an unfortunate frame. A new tiara, assembled from all the rosettes would be a welcome addition to the Swedish tiara collection. At the very, very least they could at least be a series of brooches to be worn by royal ladies to keep their order sashes in place. However, I still think that the six button (on a new frame) would be ideal for a wedding gown and long, romantic veil.
As Victoria will be the next Queen, I should like to see something truly regal on her head that reflects her future status.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the cameo tiara is a very complicated design and being a coronet rather than a semi-circle, it restricts the style of veil that can be worn with it...
The same veil was also worn by the King's sisters Margaretha, Christina and Désirèe. But only Désirèe also used the Cameo tiara. But she had also addes some tull to the lace veil.
And it was not folded as on Silvia. I read somewhere that the reason that the veil had to be folded for Silvia was the reason that when the gown was made Dior made the train to short so the veil had to be folded to have the same length then the train.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom