Countess Stéphanie's Wedding Tiara

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What tiara do you think Countess Stéphanie will choose for her wedding day

• A Lannoy tiara

Votes: 23 41.8%
  • The Belgian diamond scroll tiara

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • The tiara donated by the Congo

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • The diamond and floral tiara 1

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • The diamond and floral tiara 2

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Pearl & diamond choker tiara

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Another Luxembourg tiara

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • A new tiara

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • No tiara

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Princess Robijn

Moderator Emeritus , Royal Blogger
City
-
Country
Netherlands
JointMonogramGuillaumeandStphanie.jpg

The joint monogram of Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume and Countess Stéphanie de Lannoy

Welcome to the thread to discuss Countess Stéphanie de Lannoy's wedding tiara.

Thanks and happy Posting!

JessRulz, Marengo & Princess Robijn
Luxembourg Forum Moderators

Last edited:
Maybe the Belgian scroll tiara or the diamond and floral tiara 2 because they look nice enough to be on the head of a bride but the others seem too big to be a wedding tiara, she'll just probably go for something nice but still pretty and simple that won't take a toll on her head and neck or maybe she'll pick something out of the Lannoy jewels.

I think it will be a de Lannoy family heirloom.
If, however, Stephanie chooses to wear a tiara from her husband's family, it's likely to be either Belgian Scroll Tiara or the Congo tiara.

i guess the congo tiara is the most likely choice although i hope she chooses a lannoy tiara. maybe the belgian tiara will also make an appearance seeing it was Josephine-charlotte's wedding tiara and it is belgian like the bride.

I honestly do not think she will choose a de Lannoy tiara.

I think on the day she marries the heir and becomes both a Luxembourgish citizen and Princess, she will want to underline her link with her new family by wearing the Belgian Scroll worn by her new husband's grandmother and his mother before her.

For the sake of both sentiment and tradition she will probably wear the same tiara worn by another noble Belgian bride over half a century ago...Josephine-Charlotte. ;)

ETA: Even though I think Stephanie will wear the Belgian Scroll, the one I hope she wears is the Pearl and Diamond Tiara in the last photo. I think that's the one best suited to her features and her personality.

Last edited:
I think she will choose a Lannoy tiara. If not, then the Congo or the Belgian Scroll tiara. I personally want her to wear the Belgian Scroll or, the floral tiara 2.

I thinks and hope she will choose the Belgian diamond scroll tiara. My second guess is the Congo tiara.

2 Tiara's who have a strong connection with Belgium and Josephine Charlotte. The Belgian diamond scroll tiara was a wedding gift to Princess Joséphine-Charlotte from the National bank of Belgium.
The Congo tiara was a wedding gift from the Belgian colony of Congo.

I think a Lannoy tiara as this will be the last time she can wear a Lannoy tiara. She has plenty of occasions to wear the luxemburgian tiaras. If there are tiaras worn at the Gala Dinner she can wear a luxemburgian tiara at this occasion.

Does the Lannoy family actually own a tiara? I know that Css Christine de Lannoy wore a tiara at her wedding with count Bruno of Limburg-Stirum, but is that tiara property of the Lannoys or perhaps of the Limburg-Stirums or even of the 't Serstevens family?

Marengo, I saw the same photo you saw on two different sites. Both times it was identified as a de Lannoy tiara. It's dainty and elegant, but frankly not nearly as impressive as the occasion demands.

If she does have her heart set on wearing a family heirloom, I hope there is another de Lannoy tiara that Stephanie can choose.

I like Flower Tiara 1 because Maria Teresa looked prettiest in that one. It is not as "impressive" as some but it's prettier than some, and I hope this occasion is one emphasizing lovely things.

If there is a Lannoy family tiara I assume that Stéphanie will wear it, as it's most likely the only time she will be able to wear it. If there are no family tiara my guess is that she will chose the Congo tiara or perhaps the Belgian scroll tiara.

Concerning Stephanie wearing/not wearing a Lannoy tiara after the wedding, this reminds me that Princess Diana wore the Spencer tiara after her marriage. It was in safekeeping of her brother, and she had to send for it if she wanted to wear it. The article implied she wore it more than once. I see no reason Stephanie could not wear a Lannoy tiara if she wished after her marriage, but there are so many tiaras in Luxembourg that probably she won't do so.

To of Christine de Lannoy's sisters-in-law wore an identical diamond tiara which therefore must have been a Limburg-Stirum piece. As Countess Christine wore a different tiara, chance are that it originates from the Lannoy family. If it does, I'd like her to wear the heirloom from her own family.

I think most probably, it'll be the Congo tiara since it seems to be the wedding tradition, as princess Josephine wore it on her wedding and also Princess Maria-Teresa(Grand duchess then), if not then maybe a Lannoy heirloom, I hope so, to see some new tiaras, I hope she continues the tradition though, so maybe to tiaras?? one for the pre-wedding and one for the wedding?

If the tiara worn by Stephanie's cousin Countess Christine de Lannoy on the day that she married Count Bruno de Limburg-Stirum is indeed the property of the Lannoy family (and not of the Limburg-Stirums or the t'Serstevens), then it's quite possible that Stephanie may wear it on October 20th. Here is a photograph showing that tiara fairly clearly:
http://www.imagebam.com/image/49c1b1213181299

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks claypoint2...that's the one I saw. And I think it's too small and will practically disappear into the bride's blonde hair.

I hope she doesn't wear the de Lannoy tiara. It is not grand enough for a royal wedding, much less one marrying the heir of the Luxembourg throne.

I hope she doesn't wear the de Lannoy tiara. It is not grand enough for a royal wedding, much less one marrying the heir of the Luxembourg throne.
Even if the tiara isn't very large, to wear a Lannoy tiara would be a very nice way to honour the family she was born into and to acknowledge her roots. A wedding is not only about the family you marry into, it's also about the family you have been a part of from birth. Most of today's royal brides haven't had a family tiara and have had to borrow one from the family they marry into, so if there for once are a royal bride who have a family heirloom tiara it would be wonderful to see her wearing it, regardless if there are those who consider it too insignificant.

Tell someone it is not grand enough when it is a family heirloom no matter what it fits the grand enough part.

Tell someone it is not grand enough when it is a family heirloom no matter what it fits the grand enough part.
Exactly :flowers:!
Besides, it would be a good chance to confirm if it really is a Lannoy heirloom (and that I REALLY want to know). Maybe even some more wedding pics of other Lannoy brides will pop up.

Considering the recent death of her mother, Countess Stéphanie might evern decide not to wear a tiara at all (though of course I hope that she does wear a tiara, even if it's only a small one.)

I hope she will wear a simple tiara of Luxembourguese court since she will become the future consort of the grand duchy.

maybe she will wear her mother's wedding tiara, if she used one?

So she chose her family tiara. I think it was lovely and if all the women of her family wore it on their wedding day, it was the right choice.
Of the Lux tiara's my favourite was the bigger floral tiara, so I'm happy she chose is for the gala banquet.
She has a good tiara head :lol:

Perfect choices for both occasions. Even though the wedding tiara was not the most beautiful, real nobles/royals always put traditon in first place. Her family has a history and she is proud of it.

The tiara a really pretty piece. Does anyone know how many carats the centre diamond is?
The only problem I had is that she wore it a bit too far back on her head.
I wonder if we will see her wearing the tiara in the coming years to events like state dinners etc.

So she chose her family tiara. I think it was lovely and if all the women of her family wore it on their wedding day, it was the right choice.

Great choice! I had stated since the engagement was over that I would love to see Stephanie wearing family jewels, how nice that she chose the family tiara for her wedding! I think it's the typical, delicate diamond tiara and the ideal choice for a young princess. It didn't overwhelm her at all! :flowers:

Very appropriate to wear her families tiara at her own wedding. She has a lifetime ahead to wear the Luxembourg collection.

Back
Top Bottom