Catherine Middleton's Wedding Tiara

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Congratulations to you, Duchess, on your upcoming nuptials. Every woman is a blushing bride on her wedding day, no matter what her age. Are you considering a bridal tiara yourself on your wedding day?

Last edited:
Congratulations to you, Duchess, on your upcoming nuptials. Every woman is a blushing bride on her wedding day, no matter what her age. Are you considering a bridal tiara yourself on your wedding day?

Thank you, Baroness. Ironically, no tiara. The Duke-to-be is not a fan of tiaras, though embraces my love of all things royal. Our wedding is going to be a low key affair anyway so a tiara would be out of place.

I'm going to be a bride for the first time this year and I'm 44. So, Kate is most definitely a young bride.

Good grief, do you really need to get nit picky about what age constitutes a young bride in this day and age.

My point is, she's not 19 and tiny, where a larger tiara might overwhelm her. at nearly 30, and 5'10", she is of a perfect age and physique to pull off the bigger stuff.

Conngratulations on your upcoming wedding! And BTW, I'm 48.

My point is, she's not 19 and tiny, where a larger tiara might overwhelm her. at nearly 30, and 5'10", she is of a perfect age and physique to pull off the bigger stuff.

Conngratulations on your upcoming wedding! And BTW, I'm 48.

Thank you!

I still don't understand how you can think she isn't a young bride, especially since you are older than me? Per your post, her age had nothing to do with tiara she chose as you wrote "Everyone calls her a 'young bride', but she is not." There was no mention of her height in relation to the tiara she chose.

I think it has more to do with age than anything. A woman in her late twenties is not a young bride. When I think young bride, I think anyone younger than 24 or so.

Congrats on your up and coming wedding!

I would call a woman in their 30's a young bride. Most celebs and non-celebs who get married at 30 or so are still call a young bride. Charlene was call a young bride at 33. I think it depends on the region and where people live. In some region most people get married in their early 20's and in some their late 30's.

I didn't see anything wrong with her tiara, it look the same size a Princess Mary wedding tiara who was 32 when she got married

Who cares what constitutes the term "young". Catherine is not an over the top person, she wanted to wear flowers in her hair instead of a tiara according to some sources; just be glad that she was convinced to actually put on a tiara at all, as has been said before, Kate doesn't seem to be the kind of girl who likes showy jewelry and wouldn't be prone to wearing a Princess of Wales type tiara; plus the history of the Halo Tiara fits more to Catherine's situation. She is not a Crown Princess and is a royal who is just starting out.

It seems a shame to me for the royal family to have such beautiful jewelry that's hardly ever worn and if Kate doesn't like "showy" jewelry most of it won't be worn.

European royals seem to wear theirs a lot more. I know there would be some people who would complain but it's better worn than locked away where no one gets to enjoy it

It's not your decision nor is it your jewelry; it belongs to the BRF and the ladies can do whatever the heck they want with it. I admire Kate for not falling into the freakin Cinderella fantasy and being practical and realistic with her wedding.

Last edited:
A woman in her early 30s can still be considered to be a young bride? Yipee! There's hope for me!

XeniaCasaraghi said:
It's not your decision nor is it your jewelry; it belongs to the BRF and the ladies can do whatever the heck they want with it. I admire Kate for not falling into the freakin Cinderella fantasy and being practical and realistic with her wedding.

Mmm I do know it's not my jewelry and not my decision but I'm allowed to have view and I thought that was the point I was making. You might not like it but you don't have to be rude

Catherine doesn't seem to be a woman who wears "showy" jewelry, for lack of a better word, so the Halo Tiara seemed to "fit" her personality. Personally, I so hoped she would have chosen the Strathmore Rose Tiara if that had been an option. In the future though, I hope she starts to wear more and more of the BRF jewels if given the opportunity.

My opinion is that Kate is a woman that knows what looks good on her and that she doesn't need serious bling to call attention to herself. With her bridal attire, it was all pieced together perfectly "Kate" and much of her attire had sentimental reasons from the flowers she picked, to the acorn themed family earrings she wore and the Halo tiara crowned it off perfectly for me.

As far as what is young and what is old? I just like to think "old enough to know better and young enough not to care". Age is a state of mind. :D

As far as what is young and what is old? I just like to think "old enough to know better and young enough not to care". Age is a state of mind. :D

Perfectly said; and I'll keep repeating that as I see more and more birthdays pile up!:sad:

I really liked the tiara, I thought it was simple and lovely. The simplest of the tiara has nothing to do with her liking "showy" jewelry or not :D she probably found nothing better than wearing a simple tiara with that dress :D

You could almost say Kate chose the most "discreet" of whatever tiaras she had a choice among that complemented her dress and taste.

Thank you!

I still don't understand how you can think she isn't a young bride, especially since you are older than me? Per your post, her age had nothing to do with tiara she chose as you wrote "Everyone calls her a 'young bride', but she is not." There was no mention of her height in relation to the tiara she chose.
To be honest, we don't really know that Catherine "chose" anything at all. It was a gift (lifetime) from the Queen and regardless of some reports that she got to "pick" from a large array spread out before her, I sincerely doubt that that is how the Queen bestows her "Gifts".

That being said, it is a beautiful piece of work and I look forward to it's first official outing adorning the Duchesses tresses.

However Kate received that tiara, whether by choice or as an outright gift, we're not going to know most likely. But it's obviously for lifetime since her wedding earrings were designed with the tiara's motif in mind, so we know it'll be around for future use (hopefully soon).

Last edited:
I thought her earrings were acorns, they went well with the tiara but I thought that was just luck? Also perhaps she was given a choice between 2 or 3 tiaras and the others were ugly. With yellow and green and pink with orange flowers or something.

I thought her earrings were acorns, they went well with the tiara but I thought that was just luck?
Planning for a grand Royal Wedding is meticulous, down to the smallest detail. I doubt that "luck" was involved. :)

Also Kate's dress was not over the top so she couldn't wear a tiara that overshadowed the gown, the gown has to be the star not whats on top of her head.

I thought her earrings were acorns, they went well with the tiara but I thought that was just luck?

The upper part of the earrings have a similar swirl design to the tiara's motif, so that was definitely deliberate planning. Kate's in for the long haul with that tiara, I'm sure.

Didn't the acorn come from her family coat of arms?

Didn't the acorn come from her family coat of arms?
Yes, the Middletons chose acorns for their coat of arms. The earrings are made up of a stylized acorn leaf and a dangling acorn. But the design of the acorn leaf very much resembles the scrolls on the tiara. And I bet that this resemblence was very carefully planned.

There were several reasons for the acorn motif chosen for the coat of arms and consequently the design in the earrings: the 3 acorns in the coat of arms represent the Middleton children, acorns symbolize strength, Englishness and propagation since oaks grow from the scattering of acorns. Oak trees are also common in Berkshire and the town of Bucklebury, where the Middletons live.

I think Catherine might have chosen this tiara (if she did) because it looks like it't made out of C's

All fine reasons to have them in the Middleton coat of arms.:flowers:

There were several reasons for the acorn motif chosen for the coat of arms and consequently the design in the earrings: the 3 acorns in the coat of arms represent the Middleton children, acorns symbolize strength, Englishness and propagation since oaks grow from the scattering of acorns. Oak trees are also common in Berkshire and the town of Bucklebury, where the Middletons live.

Back
Top Bottom