British Jewels: Suggested Changes

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just wondered how people thought about putting the Godman emerald and diamond necklace on a tiara frame? It will probably need an all diamond base, perhaps not dissimilar to that on the GGB&I, to give it some height.
muriel!!! This is actually my dream :lol:

From the first time I saw this necklace I thought what a great tiara that would be. Though, tbh, I don't think the big, central emerald would look good on a tiara, they'd have to think about something. And I always thought the spaces between the elements would have to be filled with something... But I'd love to see it as a tiara!

muriel!!! This is actually my dream :lol:

From the first time I saw this necklace I thought what a great tiara that would be. Though, tbh, I don't think the big, central emerald would look good on a tiara, they'd have to think about something. And I always thought the spaces between the elements would have to be filled with something... But I'd love to see it as a tiara!

Depsite having suggested that the necklace can be put on a tiara frame, in practice, for this to work well, they will probably need to rebuild the tiara. That would allow them to work the spacing between the elements, and their relative heights to the best effect for a tiara.

Lovely as it sounds, I just do not see if happen in the medium term. The next Queen with the opportuity to do it is probably Catherine, and it will depend on, amongst other factors, how fond she is of the two other emerald and diamond tiaras (the Grand Duchess Vladimir and the Greville Kokoshnik) she will have at her disposal.

Depsite having suggested that the necklace can be put on a tiara frame, in practice, for this to work well, they will probably need to rebuild the tiara. That would allow them to work the spacing between the elements, and their relative heights to the best effect for a tiara.

Lovely as it sounds, I just do not see if happen in the medium term. The next Queen with the opportuity to do it is probably Catherine, and it will depend on, amongst other factors, how fond she is of the two other emerald and diamond tiaras (the Grand Duchess Vladimir and the Greville Kokoshnik) she will have at her disposal.
I know, I know, but it's such a beautiful shape and I'd love to see it as a tiara :lol:

As far as Catherine goes, I'd think it's more probable that she'll look into the possibility of creating another sapphire tiara, not emerald, but I'm not sure if there's something with sapphires that the BRF has that would look good as a tiara.

As far as Catherine goes, I'd think it's more probable that she'll look into the possibility of creating another sapphire tiara, not emerald, but I'm not sure if there's something with sapphires that the BRF has that would look good as a tiara.

Look at post 44 above for a great idea for a sapphire tiara. There is also the Maria F sapphire bandeau, last used by Princess Margaret in the 1950s or 1960s that Kate could potentially use.

I'm not sure about the Godman necklace. The large pendants are gorgeous on the necklace, but the might look odd and too spiky in a tiara setting. Especially the middle pendant is very large and hangs it might be ridiculously high on a tiara.

I like the idea of the swirly sapphire necklace as a tiara. Those clean lines would look great on Kate, and it would work very well with many contemporary gowns.

I'm not sure about the Godman necklace. The large pendants are gorgeous on the necklace, but the might look odd and too spiky in a tiara setting. Especially the middle pendant is very large and hangs it might be ridiculously high on a tiara.

I like the idea of the swirly sapphire necklace as a tiara. Those clean lines would look great on Kate, and it would work very well with many contemporary gowns.

We just need to move on to figure out suitable improvements to the Aquamarine and Ruby parts of the BRF's tiara collection!

We just need to move on to figure out suitable improvements to the Aquamarine and Ruby parts of the BRF's tiara collection!

My first idea for remaking the Aquamarine is a kokoshnik similar to this one that belonged to the Romanov's https://www.katiecallahanandco.com/2019/12/royal-russian-tiaras-aquamarine-kokoshnik-tiara/ but you would have to remake the entire parure to get enough of the large stones.
So now I think something that's similar to Queen Mary's Amethyst Tiara would be a better choice. https://www.tiara-mania.com/2014/11/amethyst-tiara.html

Back
Top Bottom