The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-11-2019, 05:41 AM
Super Moderator

I'm really looking forward to the wedding Countess Olympia of Arco-Zinneberg and Prince Jean Christophe Napoleon October 19. I'm wondering if the Napoleon family still has a tiara left and if the bride will chose to wear it. Her sister has borrowed the Savoy-Aosta tiara that Pincess Astrid usually wears. Imo, that tiara is more beautiful than the other Savoy-Aosta diamond bandeau that her maternal family has. There is also a gigantic ruby tiara from the Arco-Zinneberg family, but that one doesn't seem well suited for a bride. So my guess is that she'll wear a Napoleon tiara if there is one, or borrow the tiara from Princess Astrid.

Old 10-11-2019, 09:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I'm really looking forward to the wedding Countess Olympia of Arco-Zinneberg and Prince Jean Christophe Napoleon October 19. I'm wondering if the Napoleon family still has a tiara left and if the bride will chose to wear it. Her sister has borrowed the Savoy-Aosta tiara that Pincess Astrid usually wears. Imo, that tiara is more beautiful than the other Savoy-Aosta diamond bandeau that her maternal family has. There is also a gigantic ruby tiara from the Arco-Zinneberg family, but that one doesn't seem well suited for a bride. So my guess is that she'll wear a Napoleon tiara if there is one, or borrow the tiara from Princess Astrid.
I'm also very excited for the Napoléon wedding. Prince Jean Christophe's grandmother Dowager Princess Alix used to wear a convertible necklace/tiara made out of sapphires (I think) when she was younger. If it's still in the family that colour of stone would fit Countess Olympia very well.

https://www.gettyimages.ie/detail/ne...hoto/166568269

Old 10-12-2019, 04:50 PM
Super Moderator

That sapphire tiara looks really nice. But not every bride would choose coloured stones in a tiara. I wonder if it's still in the family, since it hasn't been seen for quite a while.
Old 09-01-2020, 06:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Philippos of Greece has announced his engagement to Nina Flohr. I think Nina will wear the Antique Corsage tiara at their wedding.
Old 09-01-2020, 07:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Prince Philippos of Greece has announced his engagement to Nina Flohr. I think Nina will wear the Antique Corsage tiara at their wedding.
Since it was worn by both Marie Chantal and Tatiana on their weddings, I'd agree its most likely for Nina.

I could see Theodora wearing the Khedive tiara like Alexia did for hers.

The other tiaras, besides Alexia and Maria Chantal's personal tiaras, I don't see the queen loaning for a wedding (the emerald or ruby).
Old 09-02-2020, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator

Greece: The bridal tiara traditions in the Greek RF are pretty transparent:
- the Khedive tiara for the grand-daughters of Queen Ingrid, so I'll eat my hat if Theodora doesn't wear it on her great day.
- the antique corsage tiara for the brides who marry in, so this is my bet for Nina.
And I must say that I'm very much looking forward to seeing them both!

It has been reported that AD Gabriella is very soon going to marry Prince Henry of Borbon-Parma. That will be very interesting as well. Gabriella's sister Marie Christine and her sister-in-law Adeleaide both borrowed the Luxembourg floral tiara, and I hope that Gabriella, too, will borrow a Luxembourg tiara. I used to think that the small floral tiara was the standard option for the nieces and nieces-in-law of the GD couple. But then Princess Marie Gabrielle de Nassau wore GD Adelaide's have a choice between several tiaras.

So it will be exciting to see weather AD wears the same floral tiara as Marie Christine and Adelaide, or if she chooses something else? I still think that the vine leaves tiara is reserved to the immediate GD family, but maybe the aquamarine bandeau is an option? It is quite beautiful and would make the 'something blue'.
Old 09-03-2020, 09:31 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Greece: The bridal tiara traditions in the Greek RF are pretty transparent:
- the Khedive tiara for the grand-daughters of Queen Ingrid, so I'll eat my hat if Theodora doesn't wear it on her great day.
- the antique corsage tiara for the brides who marry in, so this is my bet for Nina.
And I must say that I'm very much looking forward to seeing them both!
I agree, I think it is pretty clear that Nina will end up with the antique Corsage tiara, and Theodora will probaby wear the Khedieve at her wedding.
Old 09-03-2020, 10:04 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Greek RF have an impressive tiara chest to choose from but my hunch is that the Antique Corsage tiara will be used out of tradition.
Old 09-03-2020, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator

Greece:
So far, Queen Anne-Marie has never loaned neither the ruby, nor the emerald tiara to anyone. The Khedive has only been loaned to brides who are granddaughters of Queen Ingrid. So I agree, it is unlikely that she will divert from that tradition.

Besides, I think that the antique corsage tiara is very beautiful and works well with a veil. Admittedly, it's somewhat smaller than the Khedive, but imo it's not shabby at all.

Borbon dos Sicilias:
On another note: The Duke of Noto is said to marry Lady Charlotte Lindesay-Bethune this month. Does anybody know if the bride's family still own a tiara? The groom's mother didn't wear a wedding tiara, but two of his aunt's wore a diamond button tiara, while another aunt only wore the diamond buttons and a fourth aunt wore a coral tiara. I don't know if the coral tiara came from the her groom's family. But I guess that the diamond button tiara will make another appearance. Or at least, I hope that it will.
Old 09-03-2020, 11:07 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:

Borbon dos Sicilias:
On another note: The Duke of Noto is said to marry Lady Charlotte Lindesay-Bethune this month. Does anybody know if the bride's family still own a tiara? The groom's mother didn't wear a wedding tiara, but two of his aunt's wore a diamond button tiara, while another aunt only wore the diamond buttons and a fourth aunt wore a coral tiara. I don't know if the coral tiara came from the her groom's family. But I guess that the diamond button tiara will make another appearance. Or at least, I hope that it will.

I had forgotten about that wedding,hopefully there's something left of the late Infanta Alicia's jewels for the bride to wear on her wedding day!

Perhaps her better off British family might have a tiara?
Old 09-03-2020, 11:33 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Borbon dos Sicilias:
I don't know if the coral tiara came from the her groom's family. But I guess that the diamond button tiara will make another appearance. Or at least, I hope that it will.
The coral tiara worn by Princess Ines belongs to her husbands family, so it's not Bourbon Two Sicilies tiara.
Old 09-03-2020, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
The coral tiara worn by Princess Ines belongs to her husbands family, so it's not Bourbon Two Sicilies tiara.
Ah, that is interesting to hear. Was it reported at the time of the wedding, or are there pictures of ladies from the husband's family wearing the coral tiara?

I assume that the diamond button tiara is still in the family. And a cousin of the duke of Noto, Emma Ruiz de Azcarate Garcia Lomas, wore a lovely diamond tiara that goes back to Archduchess Maria Anna at her wedding. Afaik, some of Princess Alice's jewels have been sold. So I have no idea if there is still one of her tiaras in the family.
Old 09-03-2020, 08:29 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Ah, that is interesting to hear. Was it reported at the time of the wedding, or are there pictures of ladies from the husband's family wearing the coral tiara?
It was written in the Spanish newspapers at the time of their wedding.

The groom descends from many great noble families such as Dukes Gaetani of Laurenzana, Princes Pignatelli, Dukes Carafa di Noia, Princes Sanseverino, Dukes d'Aragona of Atri so no wonder his family still has some jewels of their own in the vaults.

No other pictures of the tiara that I know!

http://www.famiglienobilinapolitane....%20Palombi.htm

Here is the nearest genealogy of the groom's family.
Old 09-04-2020, 06:45 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
It was written in the Spanish newspapers at the time of their wedding.

The groom descends from many great noble families such as Dukes Gaetani of Laurenzana, Princes Pignatelli, Dukes Carafa di Noia, Princes Sanseverino, Dukes d'Aragona of Atri so no wonder his family still has some jewels of their own in the vaults.

No other pictures of the tiara that I know!

CARRELLI PALOMBI

Here is the nearest genealogy of the groom's family.
Thank you! That's a quite impressive lineage. So the corral tiara can be ruled out as Lady Charlotte's wedding tiara. I couldn't find any tiara pics from the Lindesay-Bethune family, but they seem to be rather private. But my guess is still on the diamond button tiara.
Old 09-04-2020, 07:59 AM
Majesty

Their late Grand Mother Princess Alice never loan her jewels to Princess Anne and her daughters and now she passed away perhaps there is something left ??
Old 09-04-2020, 09:07 AM
Royal Highness

My guess is that it will be Bourbon tiara, if there was to be a tiara at all, but I hope so.
Old 09-05-2020, 09:43 AM
Super Moderator

There was a new engagement announcement in the Alba family today. The current duke's younger son Carlos got engaged to Belén Corsini de Lacalle. I wonder if Belén will wear one of the Alba tiaras. The 'Russian Tiara' by Ansorena has been sold several years ago, but the ducal tiara with the emeralds and the diamond and Ansorena pearl tiara might still be there. Unfortunately, Sofia Palazuelos did not wear a tiara when she wed the duke de Huescar, elder brother of Carlos. So I wonder if Belén will go the same route?
Old 09-05-2020, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator

There will also be sveral german noble Wedding next year. One of them is the one of Princess Flaminia of Hohenzollern who was postponed from July this year. And also Princess Amelie zu Löwenstein-Wertheim-Freudenberg, younger daughter of the Fürst and Fürstin is to be marry in May next year. Perhaps she will also wear the stunning diamond tiara with the emerald drop's like her sister.
And then there will be the religious Wedding of Fürst Alexander zu Schaumburg-Lippe and Mahakmeh Navabi. Will be interesting to see if she will use the same big diamond tiara then his first two wives.

Old 09-05-2020, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator

There are many weddings that have been delayed due to the pandemic and are still coming up.

Hohenzollern: I definitely believe that Princess Flaminia is going to wear a tiara at her wedding. But will it be the sapphire bandeau that her own mother had worn at her wedding? It hasn't been seen in public for a long time, so I wonder if they still own it. Flaminia's stepmother has worn diamond clover tiara a few year's ago, so that tiara might also be an option. But I'd just love to see the sapphire tiara again!

Löwenstein: That emerald tiara was stunning and I think that it will also be worn by Princess Amelie zu Löwenstein-Wertheim-Freudenberg. Her sister's wedding was pretty grand, but due to the pandemic Princess Amelie's wedding might be smaller. I hope that we will still a lot of pictures.

Schaumburg-Lippe: I think they announced that the civil wedding will be this September, and that the religious wedding is postponed till next year due to covid19. So we will need to be patient. His first two wives both wore the Schaumburg honeysuckle tiara, so why shouldn't his third wife do the same? But maybe Alexander still has his late mother's sapphire circlet. It would be nice to see it again, and maybe the bride doesn't want to wear the same tiara as the two ex-wives did.
Old 09-05-2020, 12:02 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Schaumburg-Lippe: I think they announced that the civil wedding will be this September, and that the religious wedding is postponed till next year due to covid19. So we will need to be patient. His first two wives both wore the Schaumburg honeysuckle tiara, so why shouldn't his third wife do the same? But maybe Alexander still has his late mother's sapphire circlet. It would be nice to see it again, and maybe the bride doesn't want to wear the same tiara as the two ex-wives did.

Yes it will still be y a year till the religious Wedding. But there has to be another smaller diamond tiara in the Schaumburg.Lippe Family. it was worn by then Hereditary pricnes Lily at the 1993 orw.Wedding Ball of Duke Friedrich of Württemberg.
Another wedding wihich is upcoming is the wedding of Countess Tatjana of Walburg.-Zeil-Hohenems, oldestm daughtr of herediatary Count FRanz Celemsn.
and recently we have missed a Wedding tiara when Countess Elisabeth of REchberg married Count Benedcit of Waldburg-Zeil-Hohenems she wore a small diamond flroal tiara. https://www.nettyroyalblog.nl/engage...mes-of-corona/