Bridal Tiara Guessing for Up-coming Weddings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tilia C.

Former Moderator
City
O
Country
Germany
Welcome to a new thread on tiara guessing!

This thread is dedicated to the discussion and guessing of possible wedding tiaras for ladies who are actually engaged.

Some current examples are:
- Princess Theodora of Greece
- Charlotte Casiraghi

- Marie Chevalier (engaged to Louis Decruet)
- Lady Gabriella Windsor
- Archduchess Eleonore (engaged to Jerome D'Ambrosio)

Enjoy the discussion and please don't forget to keep to the TRF Rules.

Well, guessing Princess Theodora's wedding tiara seems not difficult at all. The tradition is that she should wear the Khedive of Egypt tiara, like her sister, her cousins Alexandra and Nathalie, her mother and her aunts. The chance that she chooses something else is absolutely tiny.

Lady Gabriella will be interesting, though. Princess Michael has the fringe tiara and the festoon tiara at her disposal. But for some reason, Sophie Winkelmann didn't wear a proper tiara when she married Gabriella's brother Lord Frederik. Was that her choice? Or doesn't Princess Michael believe in tiara sharing? I hope for the fringe tiara, but I think that the festoon would look great as well.

I think lady Gabriella will not let us down ;). I am expecting the Kent fringe tiara for her, as was used for her aunt and grandmother (one of two very simular fringes that Pss Marina wore for her wedding day apparently).

For the Monaco's I do not expect any tiaras. But then I would not have expected one for Tatiana Santo Domingo either, and she did wear the Monaco fringe.

For Theodora obviously the Khedive. Considering her sister, cousins, mother, aunts and grandmother wore the tiara it would be hard for her to refuse.

Archduchess Eleonore: do we know if she is planning to get married this year? ADss Francesca has a small emerald tiara that used to belong to the youngest sister of Prince Philip IIRC. But it is more likely that she will wear the small Habsburg (or Saxe-Meiningen) pearl bandeau that got her father into trouble with border customs before his own wedding. I am not sure if her aunts wore any tiaras for their weddings, though her aunt Walburga seemed to be wearing a (Douglas?) coronet.

Last edited:
I highly doubt Charlotte is going to wear a tiara. She just doesn't strike me as the type to care but if she is going to wear one, it better be the Cartier Pearl Drop Tiara. That one is STUNNING and would frame her face beautifully.
Marie Chevalier is not likely going to wear one either.

Theodora is either going to be in the Khedive or if she wants to forego tradition and wear something smaller, Princess Alexia Diamond Tiara is an option.

I'm also expecting the Kent Fringe Tiara for Gabriella. It's an impressive tiara and she can easily pull it off, I have no doubt about that.

Wasn't the trouble with the customs about Empress Zita's tiara and than the tiara was sold afterwards? I'm not really sure. But the pearl bandeau was worn by AD Monika and probably by AD Andrea. The pics I have are not too clear, so I can't be 100% certain. And one generation earlier it seems that AD Charlotte has worn it at her wedding. So there is a tradition to use it as wedding tiara. Imo, the pearl bandeau is more likely than the emerald tiara. But who knows? Eugenie carried off an emerald tiara with panache, so it's a possibility.

Tatiana wearing a fringe for her wedding made me think that there is a slight possibility for Monaco tiaras. Caroline has worn tiaras several times, but Charlotte seems to be rather unconventional. Also, they are planning to get married away from Monaco on an Italian Island. So she might decide against wearing a tiara.

Stephanie has never shown interest in wearing a tiara. But why shouldn't her children be allowed to borrow one of the family heirlooms? And Louis and Marie are planning a very traditional ceremony in the cathedral of Monaco. That would be just the right place for wearing a tiara.

Wasn't the trouble with the customs about Empress Zita's tiara and than the tiara was sold afterwards?

I am not sure, I just remember that he had these troubles before his wedding, so I connected the dots and assumed it was the wedding tiara. But it is entirely possible that I connected the wrong dots ;).

Tilia C. said:
Also, they are planning to get married away from Monaco on an Italian Island. So she might decide against wearing a tiara.

I believe Tatiana wore the tiara in Gstaad, which is also not a place where I would expect a tiara either. But like Merel says, Charlotte does not seem to be the type who care much about such matters.

Tilia C. said:
Stephanie has never shown interest in wearing a tiara. But why shouldn't her children be allowed to borrow one of the family heirlooms?

Aren't the Monaco tiaras owned by Pss Caroline and not by Prince Albert? Of course I am sure the princess would be delighted to lend it for the occasion. Though personally I would not mind seeing the diamond floral hairpieces of Pss Charlene again.

--

Another upcoming wedding with tiara-potential is the one of Joachim Albrecht of Prussia and Countess Angelina of Solms-Laubach which is planned for June 29th in Berlin. His sister wore the wonderful Prussian Meander tiara for her wedding to the hereditary prince of Leiningen, but perhaps that branch of the Solms-Laubach family still owns a tiara or two.

Last edited:
I was very surprised to learn that Marie Chevallier and Louis Ducruet have opted to marry in the Cathedral of Monaco. What this tells me is that they are going to have an all out traditional Nuptial High Mass.

He is Stephanie's eldest and her only son. I can totally see Marie wearing a tiara on her wedding day even if one needs to be purchased for her.

And she is drop dead gorgeous, so I can't wait to see it.?

I am not sure, I just remember that he had these troubles before his wedding, so I connected the dots and assumed it was the wedding tiara. But it is entirely possible that I connected the wrong dots ;).

I believe Tatiana wore the tiara in Gstaad, which is also not a place where I would expect a tiara either. But like Merel says, Charlotte does not seem to be the type who care much about such matters.

Aren't the Monaco tiaras owned by Pss Caroline and not by Prince Albert? Of course I am sure the princess would be delighted to lend it for the occasion. Though personally I would not mind seeing the diamond floral hairpieces of Pss Charlene again.

--

Another upcoming wedding with tiara-potential is the one of Joachim Albrecht of Prussia and Countess Angelina of Solms-Laubach which is planned for June 29th in Berlin. His sister wore the wonderful Prussian Meander tiara for her wedding to the hereditary prince of Leiningen, but perhaps that branch of the Solms-Laubach family still owns a tiara or two.

Yes the historical tiaras belong to Caroline. Charlotte never approved of her son marrying an actress. She never loaned Grace any tiara, and when she died, she left her jewels to her granddaughter instead. It would be Caroline and not Albert who would have to loan pieces to Marie.

Grace amassed her own jewelry. She often wore hair ornaments, and such. She also borrowed tiaras from jewelers at times. She did wear a tiara for her pre-wedding and wore it to several state occasions.

orderofsplendor.blogspot.com/2011/05/tiara-thursday-some-of-graces-tiaras.html

The bains de mer tiara was another. But it has only been seen in brooch form since Grace died. Both her daughters have worn them, so not sure if one of them inherited the brooches, or they remained in the main family.

The Bains de Mer Tiara | The Court Jeweller

Yes the historical tiaras belong to Caroline. Charlotte never approved of her son marrying an actress. She never loaned Grace any tiara, and when she died, she left her jewels to her granddaughter instead. It would be Caroline and not Albert who would have to loan pieces to Marie.

Actually that is not clear as in exhibitions the pearl tiara and the fringe necklace/Tiara where described as from the colletion of the Prince of Monaco

If one oif the Monaco brides will wear a tiara i would hope for the fringe tiara which was born by Tatiana Santo Domingo so that we will get clear pcis from it which was not the case at that Wedding.

Wasn't the trouble with the customs about Empress Zita's tiara and than the tiara was sold afterwards? I'm not really sure. But the pearl bandeau was worn by AD Monika and probably by AD Andrea. The pics I have are not too clear, so I can't be 100% certain. And one generation earlier it seems that AD Charlotte has worn it at her wedding. So there is a tradition to use it as wedding tiara. Imo, the pearl bandeau is more likely than the emerald tiara. But who knows? Eugenie carried off an emerald tiara with panache, so it's a possibility.

Yes i also think that Monika and Andrea wore the small diamopnd and pearl bandeau whoch AD Francesca wore at her Wedding.
If AD Eleonore really is getting to marry perhaps she surprises us and will bring out the big diamond tiara which her grandmother wore at her wedding if it is still in the Family.

Anolther bride who can be added to the list is Princess Flaminia of Hohenzollern, the youngest daughter of Fürst Karl Friedrich. Her engagement was announced at the End of December and the bride later confirmed that she woul be marry next year (not clear yet if 2019 or 2020) was meant. It would be nice if she would bring out the Hohenzollern clover coronet for her Wedding.

Last edited:
Let's not forget that Tatiana, too, seemed not the type who cares much about such matters. So, I won't give up hope.:flowers:
Ahh, those floral hair pieces! :D Beautiful, and so versatile. I'd love to see them again, too. And I think that they would suit Charlotte's personality very well.
Right, since Victoria was allowed to borrow the meander tiara, that should be an option for Countess Angelina as well. I don't know about any tiara still owned by the Solms-Laubach family. So I'll put my money on the meander tiara.

Anolther bride who can be added to the list is Princess Flaminia of Hohenzollern, the youngest daughter of Fürst Karl Friedrich. Her engagement was announced at the End of December and the bride later confirmed that she woul be marry next year (not clear yet if 2019 or 2020) was meant. It would be nice if she would bring out the Hohenzollern clover coronet for her Wedding.
I think that she will wear the clovers, but not in the coronet form. The coronet hasn't bee seen on the last generation. And frankly, it looks quite out-dated. But Princess Katharina has worn clovers on a tiara frame recently, and I think that would be an excellent option. But there also is the chance that she will wear the sapphire bandeau, if they still own it. Afaik, it hasn't been seen since Countess Alexandra Schenk von Stauffenberg wore it at her wedding to Prince Karl Friedrich in 1985.

Yes i also think that Monika and Andrea wore the small diamopnd and pearl bandeau whoch AD Francesca wore at her Wedding.
If AD Eleonore really is getting to marry perhaps she surprises us and will bring out the big diamond tiara which her grandmother wore at her wedding if it is still in the Family.
I have heard that it was sold, and I tend to believe that. I simply can't imagine another reason why Empress Zita's tiara hasn't been seen for such a long time. So I'll be really surprised if she wears this one.

Last edited:
I have heard that it was sold, and I tend to believe that. I simply can't imagine another reason why Empress Zita's tiara hasn't been seen for such a long time. So I'll be really surprised if she wears this one.

A potential scenario: Empress Zita didn't wear a tiara since her eldest son got married in Nancy IIRC. The tiara may have been her property. She only died in 1989. If she still owned it, it is likely she left a tiara of such importance to her eldest son.

That means that it would have been Archduchess' Regina's to wear. Neither she nor her husband were great socialites and they did not visit (m)any tiara events in the 90-ties and 2000's. And financial constrains perhaps made it difficult to insure the tiara, which would be a requirement to take it out of the safe and use it. By the time Regina and Otto passed away their eldest son and his wife had separated.

It is possible that AD Karl has it locked up in a safe somewhere but it is indeed far more likely that the tiara was quietly sold (or even more discreetly dismantled and sold).

But Princess Katharina has worn clovers on a tiara frame recently, and I think that would be an excellent option. But there also is the chance that she will wear the sapphire bandeau, if they still own it. Afaik, it hasn't been seen since Countess Alexandra Schenk von Stauffenberg wore it at her wedding to Prince Karl Friedrich in 1985.

The then Hereditary Prince Karl Friedrich and his first wife Alexandra attended some Galas where tiaras have been worn (the 1993 Württemberg wedding Ball) but she choose not to wear one. Don't think i have seen a pic of her with a tiara other then her wedding. Also the Fürst second wife wore no tiara at the prussian Wedding Ball in 2011.

As for the big Habsburg diamond tiara in reports from the Wedding of AD Otto and AD Regina it is often stated that AD Regina gave her Wedding Jewels to the statue of the Virgin Mary Mariazell. However it can not have been the tiara as AD Regina wore it for the Wedding Ball of her brother-in-law AD Robert, 2,5 years after her Wedding. This was also the last time the tiara has ben seen in public. When she attended a Gala later she usually wore no tiara.

A potential scenario: Empress Zita didn't wear a tiara since her eldest son got married in Nancy IIRC. The tiara may have been her property. She only died in 1989. If she still owned it, it is likely she left a tiara of such importance to her eldest son.

That means that it would have been Archduchess' Regina's to wear. Neither she nor her husband were great socialites and they did not visit (m)any tiara events in the 90-ties and 2000's. And financial constrains perhaps made it difficult to insure the tiara, which would be a requirement to take it out of the safe and use it. By the time Regina and Otto passed away their eldest son and his wife had separated.

Empress Zitra usually wore a tiara of black Jade (or some other material) when attending an Event where the where worn. As far as it has been reported she handed over the tiara over to AD Regina for her Weddding.

Last edited:
For Lady Gabriella's wedding, I think she will wear the Kent fringe tiara. Although, I would love if she wore the Kent Festoon tiara.

For Lady Gabriella's wedding, I think she will wear the Kent fringe tiara. Although, I would love if she wore the Kent Festoon tiara.

They are both lovely tiaras but I hope for the fringe.

If Gabriella wears a family tiara I suspect it will be the fringe, like her mother.

But I could see her wearing hair ornaments or something like her sister in law did. Something a bit more modern and stylish.

If Gabriella wears a family tiara I suspect it will be the fringe, like her mother.

But I could see her wearing hair ornaments or something like her sister in law did. Something a bit more modern and stylish.

I do hope Lady Gabriella wears a tiara, but I haven't seen fringe tiara worn recently at all.

So, if she wears a tiara(I hope she will), I think it will be the Festoon tiara.

I do hope Lady Gabriella wears a tiara, but I haven't seen fringe tiara worn recently at all.

So, if she wears a tiara(I hope she will), I think it will be the Festoon tiara.

Princess Michael wore the fringe tiara at the commonwealth heads of government meeting dinner last year so it's still very much with the family.

I think its simply a matter of royals favoring a certain tiara. The BRF doesn't have many tiara events, and we often see them in the same. Just because we haven't seen Kate in the lotus for a while, doesn't mean its not around.

Anne favors her Greek key, wears it almost exclusively, but has her second tiara. Autumn wore the other one for her wedding day,

The fringe has been worn as a wedding tiara before. Including by Princess Michael. And the festoon is basically associated with her mother.

I really hope that Lady Gabriella will wear a tiara at all. Her sister-in-law didn't, though we don't know the reason. Imo, both of Princess Michael's tiaras are beautiful and would make lovely wedding tiaras. But because of the family tradition, I hope that she will wear the fringe tiara.

I figured she would wear the fringe but there are two or three other Kent tiaras so I guess she could wear a different one..or none!

LaRae

I really hope that Lady Gabriella will wear a tiara at all. Her sister-in-law didn't, though we don't know the reason. Imo, both of Princess Michael's tiaras are beautiful and would make lovely wedding tiaras. But because of the family tradition, I hope that she will wear the fringe tiara.

Well, her sister in law opted for sort of bandeau, but don't is it with pearls or something else.

I figured she would wear the fringe but there are two or three other Kent tiaras so I guess she could wear a different one..or none!

LaRae

There are three Kent tiaras which have not been sold. 2 belong to her mother, the fringe and the festoon. Though the fringe has been worn by Alexandra as well. And there is the small tiara worn by the duchess of Kent. Alexandra has a tiara but it is from her husband so not really a Kent piece.

The Duchess of Kent did make a tiara as well from the sapphire necklace of their sapphire set (the actual tiara having been sold).

Unlike the Gloucesters who have four major tiaras, the Kents sold off a few of their historical pieces in recent decades.

So, everybody who guessed the fringe tiara for Lady Gabriella Windsor got it right! :flowers:

Now that the wedding season seems to have kicked off for this year I can't wait to see the next wedding tiara. The next wedding date I know of is June 29 for[FONT=&quot] Prinz Joachim von Preussen & Countess Angelina zu Solms-Laubach. I am not aware of any tiara in the Solms-Laubach family. But the groom's sister recently wore the Prussian meander kokoshnik. So that's what I think Countess Angelina will wear as well.[/FONT]

So, everybody who guessed the fringe tiara for Lady Gabriella Windsor got it right! :flowers:

Now that the wedding season seems to have kicked off for this year I can't wait to see the next wedding tiara. The next wedding date I know of is June 29 for[FONT=&quot] Prinz Joachim von Preussen & Countess Angelina zu Solms-Laubach. I am not aware of any tiara in the Solms-Laubach family. But the groom's sister recently wore the Prussian meander kokoshnik. So that's what I think Countess Angelina will wear as well.[/FONT]

Another Wedding is the Wedding or Prince Casimir zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn and Alana Bunte on 01. June. Probably she will wear a tiara from the Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn Family.

Last edited:
The Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn family still seem to have a number of beautiful tiara. Since it's Casimir's second wedding, I assume that the bride will wear a smaller tiara. I don't know if his first wedding to Corinna Larsen was a religious wedding. Isn't the family catholic? That might mean that it will only be a civil wedding without a tiara. If it's a church wedding I hope for the diamond and pearl tiara that Philippa Spanocchi wore on her wedding.

The Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn family still seem to have a number of beautiful tiara. Since it's Casimir's second wedding, I assume that the bride will wear a smaller tiara. I don't know if his first wedding to Corinna Larsen was a religious wedding. Isn't the family catholic? That might mean that it will only be a civil wedding without a tiara. If it's a church wedding I hope for the diamond and pearl tiara that Philippa Spanocchi wore on her wedding.
Actually the Wedding of Prince Casimir and Corinna Larsen was only a civil Wedding and now it is a religious Weddin in the Abbeychurch at Sayn.

The tiara worn by Cointess Felipa Spannocchi was beautiful but not sure if it is from the Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn Family. As she was a austrian Countess it could also be from her Family.

Don't know if the tiara the late Princess Filippa wore was a Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn tiara or not. Princess Alexandra wore the Oettingen-Wallerstein tiara for her first Wedding to Hereditary Prince Carl Eugen zu Oettingen-Wallerstein.

Last edited:
And the next religious wedding will be of Prince Otto of Castell-Rüdenhausen and Sophia Mautner von Markhof in Vienna on 15 June.

Back
Top Bottom