The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 07-23-2014, 07:45 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 1
Nicknames for users?

I am new to this forum, is it customary to call a newbie a dutchess? I saw someone refer to themselves as that and I'm not sure if that is a nickname or if they are for real.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-23-2014, 08:00 PM
HRHHermione's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 3,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Antebellum View Post
I am new to this forum, is it customary to call a newbie a dutchess? I saw someone refer to themselves as that and I'm not sure if that is a nickname or if they are for real.
No, they may have been referring to their own user name :) There are several people here that use "Duchess" as part of their user name.

However- there is a "rank" next to your name that's based on how many posts you have. (I think the first rank after "newbie" is "aristocracy")

It's all in fun and doesn't really mean anything besides an indication of how long you've been posting.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-23-2014, 08:07 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Member - in Memoriam
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 17,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
No, they may have been referring to their own user name :) There are several people here that use "Duchess" as part of their user name.

However- there is a "rank" next to your name that's based on how many posts you have. (I think the first rank after "newbie" is "aristocracy")

It's all in fun and doesn't really mean anything besides an indication of how long you've been posting.
Then there's folks like me that has been here for less time than some other of our auspicious posters and I do tend to run at the mouth more than others sometimes.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-23-2014, 08:10 PM
AdmirerUS's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 6,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Then there's folks like me that has been here for less time than some other of our auspicious posters and I do tend to run at the mouth more than others sometimes.
Osipi - I prefer to think you just are well informed, with many opinions.
__________________
"And the tabloid press will be a pain in the ass, as usual." - Royal Norway
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-23-2014, 08:12 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Member - in Memoriam
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 17,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Osipi - I prefer to think you just are well informed, with many opinions.
hehe thanks! I just run with it sometimes and open mouth and insert foot. We're all among friends here so I do feel comfortable and enjoy my time here.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-23-2014, 08:13 PM
AdmirerUS's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 6,034
And welcome to Lady Antebellum - see that - I managed to make two posts.
__________________
"And the tabloid press will be a pain in the ass, as usual." - Royal Norway
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-23-2014, 10:31 PM
CyrilVladisla's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Conneaut, United States
Posts: 9,844
Lady Antebellum, if the Duchess was an actual Duchess, she would be:
1 The wife or widow of a Duke
OR
2 A woman holding title to a duchy in her own right.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Royal Nick-Names Juanita Royal Chit Chat 228 07-09-2021 10:28 AM




Popular Tags
abdullah ii all tags america arcadie austria braganza british royal family brythonic assoc. non-reigning houses +- camilla caribbean caroline castile charles iii claret congo current events death de la cerda denmark duarte pio dubai expo duchess of kent duke of cambridge emperor naruhito espana garsenda genealogy general news grace kelly grimaldi guzman hamdan bin ahmed history identifying india introduction ivrea jordan royal family king charles king edward iii king henry iii king philippe king willem-alexander leopold ier louis mountbatten monaco monarchy mountbatten need help official visit order of precedence orleans-braganza portugal prince charles princess of orange queen camilla queen elizabeth queen ena of spain queen mathilde queen maxima republics restoration spain spanish history spanish royal family state visit switzerland uae visit wine glass


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:30 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2022
Jelsoft Enterprises