New Royal comedy thriller: The Royal Factor

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DavidEckhoff

City
London
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I did a fair bit of research and added a little bit myself (!) to come up with my new novel on what would happen if a Prime Minister were to try to overthrow the monarchy and replace the Royal Family through a tv talent show. It took me nearly three years to write as I only wrote whilst commuting to work! But it's ready for the Diamond Jubilee.

I hope you enjoy it, it's had some good reviews already. Here is the link for people in the UK: The Royal Factor eBook: David Eckhoff: Amazon.co.uk: Kindle Store.

People in the US and other countries can get it by searching for Royal Factor on Amazon or Smashwords. It's Kindle and other electronic formats only at the moment but I am hoping to pick up a book deal soon.

I love to discuss the book with readers as they read so happy to answer any questions or have a bit of a chinwag!

Congrats! Welcome to TRF!

I was trying to say that I look forward to some healthy discussions!

I will, and thank you! I am generally a supporter of the UK Royals although I feel that some of them have not behaved as they should, that's why I wrote my book, The Royal Factor, about them. I would like them to carry on but if the latest set act as their parents did, the whole Royal thing could be in a bit of bother. I also write a sort of blog about them, it's at The Royal Factor and I would love some contributors there. But I love this community too, and would like to take part.

Hello, David, and welcome to the forums. Congratulations on your e-book; it sounds like an interesting premise given the reality show environment surrounding our culture today. Imagine the everyday person auditioning for royal roles! I wish you luck with the book, and I hope you enjoy your time here.

Hi Baroness and Grand Duchess, thank you for your welcomes! Mixing the reality-show culture with politics and Royals in the Royal Factor is an interesting concept for me. I was trying to show how a politician, using what seems an obvious quick fix to please the people and solve a problem, never really looks to the consequences. No matter people's opinions of our Royals, alternatives may not work at all, and interfering with the selection process will make things even worse!

What's your opinion? Do you think we should move to a presidential system as in the US? Leave things as they are? Or select new Royals through reality TV?!

Back
Top Bottom