Jonathan calling

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jonathan

Gentry
City
Brighton
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Jonathan from Royal Blue here ..hope to meet with old and meet new friends

xx

Hi Jonathan and welcome. :flowers:

Beautiful place Gloucester! :)

Hey, welcome to the forums! I hope you like it here as much as you did Royal Blue. Hopefully, you'll meet up with some of your old friends as well as making plenty of new one's!

Jonathan Calling

Thanks acdc1 and Skydragon.

Hope I do. Slowly getting used to working my way around here.

Have you been here many times before skydragon ( Gloucester )

Hey there!:)
I joined TRF the same time I joined RBF. This is almost the same. Not as much bickering. Nice place. More civilized. you'll like it here. Have fun.
Sesa.

Hello, Jonathan, and welcome to TRF!

I have family living near Gloucester, and we visit there from time to time during our trips back to the UK. Lovely old town.

Elspeth said:
Hello, Jonathan, and welcome to TRF!

I have family living near Gloucester, and we visit there from time to time during our trips back to the UK. Lovely old town.

Did you know that out of only two monachs buried out of London one is here.

Edward the Second is buried in Gloucester Cathedral when it was Gloucester Abbey. If you do the tour it's got loads of royal history.

Thank you eveybody for the welcomes. I'm find it fun here and some of the threads of amazing. Especially like the British Royal Family video's........sadly I'm old enough to remember some of them.....:lol:

Not that Edward II is our most shining example of monarchy or anything, but I suppose having any king is better than having none! I do remember the statue of Edward Jenner in the Cathedral, though. The last time I was there, they were also making a big deal out of having been one of the locations for the first Harry Potter film.

My family live just up the road from there in Tewkesbury, another town with major royal associations, being the site of one of the decisive battles of the Wars of the Roses as well as having that beautiful Norman abbey which was bought back by the town after being snatched by Henry VIII during the dissolution of the monasteries.

Last edited:
Jonathan said:
Have you been here many times before skydragon (Gloucester )
Many, many times, we have friends in the area. It is gorgeous riding country and with the National Arboretum at Westonbirt, Hidcote Manor, The Barn Owl Centre, it is one of my favourite areas. The magnificent Cathedral, a lovely little village called Hucclecote and oh so many other little villages.
Yes, I'd make Gloucester one of my top spots! :wub:

Hi Jonathan;you're welcome to the forum and have fun:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom