Introducing myself

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
City
Hayesville, Ohio
Country
United States
My name is Fr. Ambrose Young. I am a priest and a monk of the Greek Church in Ohio. I have been interested in the Russian Royal Family since I was in high school in Germany in the '50's and visited the Russian Church in Wiesbaden, built by the Imperial Family as for the tomb of a Grand Duchess who had married into local German royalty and died there in childbirth. Films like "Anastasia" also fed my interest and when I was able to go to Russia 13 years ago I spent time in St. Petersburg visiting churches, palaces, and museums, and also went to Tsarskoe Selo, where the last Imperial Family had lived, as well as the church at the Sts. Peter and Paul Fortress, where all of the Romanovs from Peter the Great on are entombed.

Being an Orthodox Christian I was very happy when the Orthodox Church canonized the last Romanovs and I also have a great fascination for Tsar Paul I.

I love reading history and biography and right now am reading the new and official biography of Elizabeth the Queen Mother.

--Fr. Ambrose

Fr Ambrose
I welcome you to the Forums. I hope that you find the information that you seek here.
Sincerely
RJ TAYLER

Back
Top Bottom