Hi from Australia.

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ericbest

City
Tamworth
Country
Australia
Hello all. My name is Eric. Here in Australia there is a push by some to change our constitution from a monarchy to a republic. I am a constitutional monarchist. I like the idea of a head of state above politics, whose vocation is to represent and symbolically unify what is best in a community of people.
Is it a coincidence that constitutional monarchies are mostly to be found in more stable societies?
Although its a pipe dream, I'd like to see more countries, particularly in Europe, reintegrate their monarchic traditions into contemporary democratic institutions.:)
Cheers,
Eric.

Hi ericbest!

:welcome:

I hope you will enjoy the forums!

From one Australian to another, g'day and welcome to the forums.

Welcome Eric!
I couldn't agree more - it's important, though, for the Head of State to reflect strong values and be dutiful. For example, any association with drug-takers or criminals is a great risk to any member of a royal family. I think that at the same time as constitutional monarchies are being touted as a model for democratic success, there has been a good run - particularly as most of the constitutional monarchies that are extant, are headed by Queen Elizabeth. The next generation of Crown Princes and Princesses, other than the bright and dutiful Prince Charles and William in turn, are flirting with danger, and risking their hold on the throne, if they allow themselves to consort with commercial interests and the aforementioned drug-takers.

Back
Top Bottom