Hello From North Carolina, USA!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pook

Commoner
City
Hendersonville, NC
Country
United States
Thank you for allowing me to be here. I am a history freak, and I have always been fascinated by several facets of history. One of those is how royal families do or don't affect history, and the roles each one plays in their own countries' culture, politics, and way of life.
I live in Hendersonville, NC, USA, in the beautiful mountains. I am a wife, mom, and grandma, and I love to read, write, play guitar and piano, cook, knit, crochet, and I am a security officer part-time. I am retired US Army, and I wrote a book which is now with an agent.
I am also the proud staffmember to 5 cats and a dog!
I look forward to learning so much here, and I look forward to getting to know you.
Here we go! This place looks so neat!
Thanks again!
Purrs,
Pook

Welcome to TRF, pook! We can always use contributions to the history threads, so I hope we'll see you around.:flowers:

You sure will! If I may say so, though, I have a TON of reading to do here, and I promise I'll jump in and yack away when I get caught up.
Wow, there is a plethora of fantastic information here, and that is absolutely fascinating!
Purrs,
Pook

Hello from a fellow NC resident, Pook! I don't live in the mountains, but I've been at a camp near Asheville several times, and it indeed VERY beautiful.

Howdy neighbor! I feel so blessed to live in these beautiful mountains here in western NC. But the rest of the state is just lovely; the piedmont, and of course, the shore and the Outer Banks.
Thank you, Acdc1! I look forward to getting to know you.
Purrs,
Pook

Hi Pook. Welcome to TRF. I used to drive by Hendersonville all the time on my way to & from my parents house on weekends (went to WCU- go Catamounts!!! :D ). Good old I-26. I know that interstate like the back of my hand.

Lady Jennifer, would you believe they are finally getting around to repaving I-26? Yep! I'm kinda sad about that, though. Dodging the potholes at 75mph was kinda like skiing a slalom, which was a ton of fun! Woke me up in the morning on the way to work. You could tell how well you dodged them when you could go almost a month without a 4-wheel alignment.
Go Cats!
Purrs,
Pook

Lady Jennifer, would you believe they are finally getting around to repaving I-26? Yep! I'm kinda sad about that, though. Dodging the potholes at 75mph was kinda like skiing a slalom, which was a ton of fun! Woke me up in the morning on the way to work. You could tell how well you dodged them when you could go almost a month without a 4-wheel alignment.
Go Cats!
Purrs,
Pook

Really? I haven't been up that way since Aug. '07. Always loved the potholes & the slight congestion you'd have to deal with near the mall (going either way on 26). What really turned me around was when they renumbered the interstate.

Oh yeah, that got really confusing for a lot of folks here. I gave up on the numbers and just gave the road name of the exits when giving directions to anyone.
Next time you're up this way, PM me and maybe we can meet for coffee or tea or something.
Purrs,
Pook

Welcome to the forums. A history freak, pretty much like me. I myself am a decendent of Wijerd Jelckama, a Frisian noblemen and freedom fighter who died a martyr of his people in 1523. I can trace back my family line as far as the crusades (an ancestor of mine died at the siege Antioch). Jelckama was the nephew to Pier Gerlofs Donia, Frisias most famous folk hero. He lead a rebellion against the Holy Roman Empire. Just from one history freak to another. ;)

Thank you so very much! This is fascinating! I love this place! I'm just so busy reading and absorbing so much that I'm not posting much. Please, please forgive me. This forum is so rich in history and all kinds of neat stuff about royal families, non-reigning houses, lineages, interesting facts...I'm so sorry I don't post more, I am just finding this place so full of information that I lose myself in reading and I seem to forget to post much.

I don't mean to be such a lurker, and I am sorry. But there is such a wealth of information here, and so much to see, and so much to learn, can you please excuse this dumb newbie for now? I promise to post more. It's just that one thread leads to another, and to another, and then I go looking for more about whatever...and find answers that lead to questions that lead to answers that lead even more to questions, and I just read and read and read.
This place is a joy!
I'm really not a lurker, I just get involved in reading then I poop out.
I don't mean to be a disappointing member; please be patient with me, if y'all don't mind.
This is a Godsend to a history freak like me!!
Thank you all so much for this place!
Purrs,
Pook

Pook....welcome to the Forums.

No need to apologize for not posting...sometimes reading is just as fun. I can't remember how I found the Forums...I must have been googling something back in 2005...found this site and was like OMG! There are people just like me who love royals.

I live in the in the Free State of Maryland and was a History major at UMCP. So I have to throw in a GO TERPS!

Again welcome!

This is so neat! I got a question answered, and I'll be danged, my aunt's engagement ring DOES look like the Queen Of England's!

Thanks to everyone here. I have been unemployed recently and this forum has given me the opportunity to delve into history - past and present - and it has taken my mind off my worries.

Thanks also for moving my posts where they belong. LOL, I need to spend more time getting to know where everything is rather than reading so much.

My daughter is having fun here, too. She was looking at pics of Camilla over the weekend, and said, "My God, that woman looks like a horse!" I cracked up. She does! Sorry, that's mean.

Now watch out -- Bertie is borrowing my account here for a few minutes. He has a surprise for Jen.

Purrs,
Pook

Hey! I'm so incredibly jealous about you living in Hendersonville. My husband and I try and get up there several times a year, we should do it more since we're only about 2 1/2 hours away. I adore Hendersonville and Asheville. There are soooo many neat shops, I always find a different/new favorite each time I visit. Welcome, look forward to talking with you on the boards!

Wow, how cool! Why don't we meet sometime, and I can show you some really neat places here! Email me at pooknsaav@catlover.com and we'll go from there. Have you seen the play "Unto These Hills"?
Or the Carl Sandburg farm?
How about the Thomas Wolfe House?
The Brown Mountain Lights?
Oooh, email me and next time you're here, you're in for some fun!
Purrs,
Pook

Back
Top Bottom