Hello from Kansas in the U.S.

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kansasmama4

Commoner
City
Topeka
Country
United States
I actually joined the forum a few months ago, but never formally introduced myself.

My name is Mary and I live in Topeka, Kansas here in the heartland of the U.S. I've just started learning about the royal families of the world. I have to admit that I know relatively little about royals and royalty in general. I'm sure other Americans here on the forum would agree with me when I say that we have very few people in our country that are similar to royalty. We have our president and our elected officials, yes. But I know, at least on my part, that it seems that we hesitate to become too emotionally attached to them because they are only in office for a certain number of years. Once they're out of office, they are largely on the proverbial back burner of the public's attention.

At any rate, I am quickly becoming a fan of the Danish royal family, especially Crown Princess Mary. I look forward to meeting all of you and taking part in many interesting conversations here! :flowers:

Hi Mary :wave: and :welcome:. Crown Princess Mary is one of my favorite royals as well. However, I mainly focus on the British Royals.

I agree with you. Here in the States we don't have anyone that is equivalent to a royal. I think the main reason is, that royals have a certain aura and degree of class that a great deal of celebrities and politicians tend to lack. I'm personally drawn to the concept of royalty because of the tradition and splendor that comes with it. It ties a nation to its' past and binds it together as well.

Enjoy your time here. There's a great deal of very interesting information.

Hi Mary!

:welcome:

I hope you will have a great time here and I'm sure you will enjoy learning more about royal families! :flowers:

Hello & welcome Mary from Kansas :flowers:

Oh, Mary, you're going to obtain so much information here that you'll know you're not in Kansas anymore, lol! Enjoy yourself and I look forward to seeing you on the threads.

LOL! I look forward to escaping Oz when I visit here! I told my husband that, after our children leave home for college, we need to take a trip to Denmark. I would love to see the royal palaces up close and take in the history and beauty of that country! Maybe after I become better acquainted with other royal families, I'll want to visit their countries as well!

Hopefully, you'll put on those ruby slippers and get that chance to travel and then come back here to regale us with your stories of royal palaces and families.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom