Hello everyone!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
City
London
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone!

Just introducing myself! I'm planning to take part in some of the discussions on British royalty and aristocracy!

I just started an IG fanpage about Ladies Violet, Alice and Eliza Manners, the daughters of the Duke and Duchess of Rutland. If anyone is interested, please follow!

Cheers! X

Bonjour! I like to learn about British royalty. There are centuries of royal events. :royalstandard::royalstandard:

Welcome to The Royal Forum! I hope you enjoy discussing about the British Royal Family and Aristocracy. :welcome:

Speaking of the Manners Family, I have just finished reading The Secret Rooms: A True Gothic Mystery by Catherine Bailey, which explores Bailey's journey in uncovering the hidden mystery behind the life of John Manners, 9th Duke of Rutland.

Hi everyone!

Hi to everyone using the forum! I am from Wales ??????? in the U.K. and I have an interest in the German nobility from pre-WW2 and what happened after WW2 as well.

I am keen to learn more as my Grandma’s (who is now in her 80’s) elder brother married a German girl in the 1950’s who claimed she was German nobility. So really just trying to find out more if this was true or not for my Grandma’s piece of mind!

If anyone has any experience with researching German nobility I’d be happy to chat to you as I am a complete newbie when it comes to researching matters such as this. Thanks! And take care X

The Almanach de Gotha is the go-to record for German nobility. It is online. However, like any other family research it is best to start at the beginning. In other words, with the German lady who married into your family. Did she ever say where she was born, what the name of her parents, grandparents were, and where they were born? If she had male siblings you might be able to track them down and learn some more about the family history.

Back
Top Bottom