Greetings to All

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JulieZ

City
Middletown
Country
United States
Hi, my name is JulieZ and I just joined yesterday. I found TRF looking for photos of Wills and Kate. I love them and want them to do well! I also love reading about royals. I am currently reading about Queen Victoria's youngest daughter Beatrice. I also love reading about the Romanovs and their story makes me very sad. I love pictures of the homes, the clothing and I love to read about the lifestyle. I love that Charles is so into sustainable living and what he has done adapting his cars to run on wine! At least that is what I've read. All in all, I am just another American girl with UK ancestry, (my mom's name was Hogg before she married) who gets into reading the history of the past Royals and the lifestyle of the current ones. Thanks for the great forums! JulieZ:flowers:

Hi JulieZ. Welcome to The Royal Forums! :flowers:

Hello JulieZ, welcome to TRF!
There is a book on Princess Beatrice mentioned in this thread - are you reading the Matthew Dennison book?

Dennison's book

Yes, I am reading Dennison's book titled The Last Princess: The Devoted Life of Queen Victoria's Youngest Daughter. Dennison uses the letter's of the Queen to her older daughters to help capture who Beatrice was. It is really an informative book. There is a family tree at the beginning of the book that is great for me because I did not know much about the Queen's children except that her grandchild from Alice was the Tsarina.

The book on Beatrice is complex, but if you want a window into the victorian Royals, this is good one. I do recommend it.

JulieZ

Maybe when you have finished the book you could give a potted review in the Library thread where the book is mentioned. I'm sure we'd be interested in hearing what you thought of it. :)

Back
Top Bottom