Greetings from USA

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marigold

City
Big City
Country
United States
Hello! I jumped in with my opinion on a topic here some time ago without having introduced myself, so I'm doing so now.

I live in a big midwestern (USA) city and work in a Law Library. My mother always thought Prince Philip was quite dashing, and paid attention to the Queen's clothes and to the way she dressed her children. Somehow the princesses of childhood fairytales got put together in my mind with "real life" princesses, and that's how I became fascinated with Royalty---particularly British Royalty. My interest waned over the years, but the engagement of Charles and Diana rekindled it, and my interest has increased since that time.

I'm pretty sympathetic to the kinds of situations for which members of the BRF get a lot of bad press. At the same time, I'm well aware that I'm not on the same wave-length as the British people; my point of view is that of an American.

Still, in attempting to engage the few British folks (mostly well-educated, well-traveled, upper middle-class) that come my way in conversation about the RF I have found myself roundly rebuffed! None of them think the RF is worth the time of day, don't know who Catherine Middleton, Beatrice York, Peter Phillips etc. are, look at me like I've got two heads, etc. So, here I am! I really enjoy the discussions on ths forum.

Last edited:
Bit late to say welcome to the forum, but welcome anyway!

I hope we'll see you over in the British forum as a regular contributor.

Back
Top Bottom